Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default **Multiple Conc Opps PROOF**

If you think otherwise you may need to click HERE. You will be needing one of those when you start crying.

Epsiode 1 of DDOMythbusters. This is real proof that whoever made up the theory that wearing more than one Conc Opp guard makes no difference. Well my friends, here's to show you otherwise

Multiple Concordant Opps

Click HERE

***Further testing due to bickering naysayers resulted in me taking another video. This time no torc at all, which I admit could have posed for some confusion. I equipped 1 weapon and 1 accesory. Took roughly 4:30 seconds to get 2900 sp back. Then I put on 2 weapons, 3 accessories. Barely took 2 minutes. Working on uploading the video right now. It will be up tonight. Naysaying the naysayers ftw

Further Proof (Newly Uploaded Video March 15th):

HERE

^This video shows the comparison of sp regen rate of using 1 CO weapon and 1 CO access against using 2 CO weapons and 3 CO accessories

**Those of you still looking for a video on stacking ACCESSORIES, that will be next, I was in the middle of making this one before I saw that specific request. This video was made because of a high number of PM requests for THIS specific one. (Music is 10x better)

~Looks like youtube muted my audio, working on it, you can still watch it however. Try THIS link for my channel page which deosn't seem to have been muted.

---------------------

Okay everyone just got done filming video number 3, going to edit it and get it uploaded tomorrow. I took a video of ONE accessory (Took 8minutes-ish just like when I had 1 sword equipped) compared with THREE accessories (Took about 4 mins). I'll have the video up tomorrow. Hope this clears up and says nay to the naysaying naysayers.
    Last edited by HolyAlliance; 07-21-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    ~Juggles~

Thanks for the video, but I thought its been accepted for some time that multiple CO items do indeed stack
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Thanks for the video, but I thought its been accepted for some time that multiple CO items do indeed stack
    It was, and then some people (read: Shade) kept insisting they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    Yeah I didnt bother searching to see if it's been done, but still there are people who say they don't. And some people who say it did, and screenshots can't really prove it that well so I made a 10min video on it =)
    ~Juggles~

Ah ha. I see now..

+1 Op!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Ima be Ima Ima Ima be crafting more than just hitpoint and spell point concoordiant opposistion item on my casters.

Community Member

SO he is wrong. Most of us already knew this.

He also hasnt manned up and admitted it (at least not that ive seen). He was shot down pretty fast and has yet to even defend his comment.

I mean just post up man and say "hey, i scr#$#^ the pooch." Shade and lets all move on.

Certainly not needing 3 seperate threads with the same title....I mean who hasnt been wrong at least once.

/i thought i was wrong once.
    //i was mistaken.

///is this the best you can do for drama? Im going back to the grind then!

that's really cool, I hope they nerf it so I don't have to grind this stuff out X.x
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Interesting but have you considered that the torc may have been the deciding factor in the first portion? You should compare the 5 concords without the torc vs the 1 concord without the torc.
    Chaotic evil means never having to say you're sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldar View Post
    Interesting but have you considered that the torc may have been the deciding factor in the first portion? You should compare the 5 concords without the torc vs the 1 concord without the torc.
    You could tell by the temporary hitpoints/damage taken that they stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    You could tell by the temporary hitpoints/damage taken that they stacked.
    I would still recommend testing without the torc equipped. It may have skewed the results.

Actually, if you wanted to be thorough, you should compare:
    5 c/o w/ torc
    5 c/o w/out torc
    1 c/o w/ torc
    1 c/o w/out torc

Not that I'm suggesting you actually do this, but that would include all variables.

As I said in the other thread, if you'd watched the video to the end you would have seen that he did test it without the Torc.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    Actually, if you wanted to be thorough, you should compare:
    5 c/o w/ torc
    5 c/o w/out torc
    1 c/o w/ torc
    1 c/o w/out torc

Not that I'm suggesting you actually do this, but that would include all variables.
    Well if the purpose is to determine the stacking of multiple c/o's the torc is really irrelevant and shouldn't be included in the testing.

I would still recommend testing without the torc equipped. It may have skewed the results.
    How so? The torc doesn't give hitpoints back. When the five concoordiant opposistion items are equipt the temporary hitpoints proc at a much more alarming rate than just the one item.

Technically, if the the hitpoints are proc'ing the spell points should be aswell.

I agree that you have strong evidence, which makes me happy (my paladin i sbuilding mult conc.opp.).

In the interest of !SCIENCE! and to play devils advocate, some issues with methodology -

1) You appear to be using spell points in the second test to cast heal on yourself, which would affect fill rate. Bringing along a secondary cleric to heal you in addition to your freebie cure lights would remove this. Nothing out there can see invis until you go farther and hit a bezur..bezoar..berzerk...one of those thrice be-devilled ghost cat things, so a handful of invis pots would keep him safe from tping devils.

2) It's also been pointed out that the famous "double conc opp" process image was a weapon plus an accessory. While they may or may not exist on separate channels, testing this without using a conc opp weapon may be worthwhile.

3) The Torc is a separate effect, and should either be worn or removed for both tests to reduce the number of variables. With backup healing, I'd suggest removed simply to make the difference between one and three accessories stand out more.

I agree that 1.5 minutes for fill vs 8+ is pretty clear, but best to have your butt covered when somebody starts whining about extraneous influences.

BTW - +1 for testing this, and if you do more, please start an index thread so I can just point teh noobs at it.

###EDIT### Doh, ninja'd. I gotta learn to just fire things off half baked so I can be first.
    Last edited by Depravity; 03-11-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Near useless builds for those who want a challenge: The True(ly Useless) Necromancer - The Abuse Sponge Paladin
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspire View Post
    How so? The torc doesn't give hitpoints back. When the five concoordiant opposistion items are equipt the temporary hitpoints proc at a much more alarming rate than just the one item.

Technically, if the the hitpoints are proc'ing the spell points should be aswell.
    The spell points probably proc at a different rate then the hp, so just looking at the hp isn't necessarily a very good indicator. You're idea to time how long it took to refill sp was a much better method. That's what I would recommend going with.

Community Member

as people said there's a few things that could have been done better to make the result 100% conclusive and impossible to refute. that said the video was more then enough proof for me.

nice vid Juggles. And I liked the gay pirate theme. I bet 5k plat that the detractor will be noticeably quiet in this thread. But I sure hope that this will enlighten any new players that might believe the real "myth" that they don't stack.

Well technically speaking they don't stack, as in the proc rate does not increase... but each item has it's own chance to proc and with 5 of them, that is a lot of chances!

yo Shade! Care to comment?
    Last edited by Clay; 03-11-2010 at 06:16 PM.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Thx for the video. Did you happen to catch two or more conc op accessories procing at the same time?
    .:You can't ransack the clam:.
    Kongo - Kensai Tempest | Brolik - Warforged Ranger | Bonemender - Clerimonk | Torqata - Warforged Sorcerer | Fresco - Tempest III UMD | Ognok - Intimi Guard Tank

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast