Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Solo VOD (0 pots used)

Juggles

So I wanted to do Running with the Devils on Casual for the stone on my healing favored soul...taeron kept healing himself and couldn't kill him, I was so angry. So I decided to attempt VOD by myself. Pretty repetitive, just blade barrier and the words "f****ing chains!!" played over in my head as I went. I know solo vod has been done before, but more importantly I used 0 pots. I sport 5 concordant opposition guards + torc. When my 3000 spellpoints were depleted I could simply sit and block (keeping myself up with my free cure light spell which would heal me for 200 or so hp since I have quit a bit of healing amp) for 30 seconds or so and be at full again.

The +5 lesser fire guard breastplate was totally worth it

~~Epsiode 1 of DDOMythbusters. This is real proof that whoever made up the theory that wearing more than one Conc Opp guard makes no difference. Well my friends, here's to show you otherwise

Multiple Concordant Opps

Click HERE
    Last edited by HolyAlliance; 03-11-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    ~Juggles~

Nice job Can I pike next time in the corner ?
    Aussie, Minimonbon,Rockstarr-Leader of Utopia
    Trade List

Very nice! It's things like this that almost make me want to TR my WF Sorc into FVS!

**Shuffles off to make room for more con opp items....**
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlliance View Post
    I know solo vod has been done before, but more importantly I used 0 pots. I sport 5 concordant opposition guards + torc.
    With your reputation, I seriously doubt both of these claims

Grats, but always loved the no pots used comments when someone has items that give them sp back.... like bauble, 2 abbot gloves and 5 concs.... nice job tho regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Greydeath View Post
    With your reputation, I seriously doubt both of these claims
    hahaha

myddo
    ~Juggles~

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlliance View Post
    I sport 5 concordant opposition guards + torc.
    Congrats..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you could of done the exact same thing even easier simply wearing 1 conc op + torc, and 4 other items that have a better effect on your character.

Multiple-like effects never stack in DDO - and this include every single effect in the game, be it strength +6, dodge +3, concordant op, or any other shroud-guard. This has been tested many many times and results posted in dozens of threads. So yea, might wanna swap some gear around to make it your character a bit better equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
    Thought this was debunked many times.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=234481

At the bottom of the first page is a screenshot supposedly current (3/5/2010) that shows 3 procs on adjacent rows in the combat log (player has 3 items). Sure looks like multi-proc to me. Can't wear two torcs.
    Ghallanda ReRolled Naxy-Transil-Kottol-Nax-Riorsil-Riorik-Kaol

Shade you sure do like to beat a dead horse.

Thank God that most people have the ability to go beyond just believing something to be so... or i imagine the population would still believe the world flat! Of course the OP, actually experiencing the benefits of multiple conc opp items and noticing the difference of having one or 5 knows less than you.

Why don't you actually test this stuff instead of pushing the same wrong information. I know it hurts but. you. are. wrong.

Admit it, and move one. sheesh.
    Last edited by Clay; 03-11-2010 at 06:10 AM.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Proof > Shade. Congrats on the VoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
    Grats, but always loved the no pots used comments when someone has items that give them sp back.... like bauble, 2 abbot gloves and 5 concs.... nice job tho regardless
    I don't see how this lessens the achievement any. He has the means to not have to use any pots through those items. I call that smart play.

There has been evidence more recently though that Con-Ops aren't getting their own proc rates (since the Update, as well as multiple guard items). I guess I'd be interested to know if you've noticed any change in procing with that many Con-Op items?
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    I don't see how this lessens the achievement any. He has the means to not have to use any pots through those items. I call that smart play.

There has been evidence more recently though that Con-Ops aren't getting their own proc rates (since the Update, as well as multiple guard items). I guess I'd be interested to know if you've noticed any change in procing with that many Con-Op items?
    Even moreso the fact that most of Sully's attacks are casting-style attacks, making it extremely difficult to get back mana while fighting him. Sure, the orthons are a wash, but when it's you vs. sully it is far from mana central.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Nice job man!

On the pot issue, I think having 5 CO items is an achievment in itself.

Btw i love what panzy says in chat
    sarlona-currently playing:klornak cleric, mummrah sorc,megalon barb,onearm bandit monk, shuli fvs/mnk/ftr, todem rgr

Officer of Halfling Commandos

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This has been tested many many times and results posted in dozens of threads.
    Post some proof or get a dev comment. So far my own data has far from supported straight up stacking; but it has not supported non-stacking either.
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    Even moreso the fact that most of Sully's attacks are casting-style attacks, making it extremely difficult to get back mana while fighting him. Sure, the orthons are a wash, but when it's you vs. sully it is far from mana central.
    Suulo does melee, just you have to deal with the curse which can be a hindrance while trying to heal yourself. Also, don't forget about the devils.

Nice Job..
    No matter if he used Pots, items, or whatever. Soloing an endgame raid is quite an achievement. Awsome job!
    Member: Circle of Night
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    Suulo does melee, just you have to deal with the curse which can be a hindrance while trying to heal yourself. Also, don't forget about the devils.
    I guess my only point is the only time I bothered to try and solo this on my FvS, I easily had full mana when the orthons went down, but once Sully dropped (pre-devils) I was down to half mana too quick to even consider continuing from a non-pot perspective.

As Lor said in the screenie he just posted, he mostly meleed him. If you are standing close to sully meleeing him; he will melee back more, and more free mana. From a caster FvS perspective, this just doesn't work.
    ...NAMASTE...

Congrats man!
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

Community Member

I don't know (or care) about CO stacking since Torc >> CO (or two or three or ...) making them essentially useless. Also I don't really know about your server but where I play CO will not proc while Shield Blocking (even if you take damage)

My DR Intimi-Cleric is so sad

Can I have my Larges back
    Last edited by stockwizard5; 03-11-2010 at 07:30 AM.
    Characters: Maels
    Guild: Maelstrom
    Server: Thelanis
    http://maelstrom-ddo.guildportal.com

Quote Originally Posted by stockwizard5 View Post
    Also I don't really know about your server but where I play the CO will not proc while Shield Blocking (even if you take damage)
    Last night in Epic Von 6 using a Levik's shield on my wizard while kiting the renders, Con-Op was def going off.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast