Thread: To F2p

Default To F2p

Pally's aren't an option to heal because you can't find a healer in time
    If you carry healing pots you can heal like me

Those 3 lay on hands are for me!

Hurtzz
    The Truth Hurtzz

Actually, until you get to around Gianthold and beyond, paladins, rangers, monks, bards and anyone with sufficient UMD to use a Cure wand make sufficient healers. Especially on non-elite content.

I rarely wait for a healer anymore while leveling a character if at least a couple people in the group can use Cure wands. I just instruct everyone to go buy some cure potions or wands, to watch their own HP, and to help each other out a little when asked. Occasionally, I'll step back from a fight on my paladins or rangers or rogues to wand whip if we're struggle.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

It was a lvl 10 quest and the healer was booted because he was lagging and told every 1 that he was logging out and coming back,and 1 of the tanks had no pots at all,and kept demanding heals from me,when we weren't fighting.
    Basicly what I mean is you can heal urself between fights just as well as I can

Hurtzz
    The Truth Hurtzz

That's what squelch is for. "Heal yourself. *IF* you ask NICELY AND give me the wands, AND I have time to do so, I'll heal you. Maybe."
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtzz View Post
    It was a lvl 10 quest and the healer was booted because he was lagging and told every 1 that he was logging out and coming back,and 1 of the tanks had no pots at all,and kept demanding heals from me,when we weren't fighting.
    Basicly what I mean is you can heal urself between fights just as well as I can

Hurtzz
    Does that go for the same house j and p buffs that everyone can get also? I don't even think my cleric carries those spells anymore, but am constantly asked to buff them.

I have seen at least one paladin that could keep a party up by himself in a level 10 quest. Was not only not put out by it but happy to show off his skills. I was impressed. I don't think I could have made a paladin that would have been capable of doing that but I have no idea what he had to give up in order to be that good of a support character.

Quote Originally Posted by Orratti View Post
    I have seen at least one paladin that could keep a party up by himself in a level 10 quest. Was not only not put out by it but happy to show off his skills. I was impressed. I don't think I could have made a paladin that would have been capable of doing that but I have no idea what he had to give up in order to be that good of a support character.
    Well for a Paladin to have the ability to RES another character requires having to spend a minimum of 6-8 points Action Points strictly towards that, and since Pallys get a base of 2 points per level can add up. At lower levels I had taken that ability because it was usefull when just questing with friends or in emergencies but in higher levels those points tend to go towards dealing damage. Also it is hard for a Paladin to accum. enough Mana to be able to heal a full party, I currently with a wizvii item have 608 SP at lvl19, so it's commendable for him to sacrafice DPS for healing as it can be extremely usfull at times. Especially since most LOH I'm going to have is 4 and try to save them incase of emergencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtzz View Post
    Pally's aren't an option to heal because you can't find a healer in time
    If you carry healing pots you can heal like me

Those 3 lay on hands are for me!

Hurtzz
    Please erase all of your paladin abilities that were granted by your god from your character sheet, and change your class to fighter, and your alignment to chaotic neutral.

Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Please erase all of your paladin abilities that were granted by your god from your character sheet, and change your class to fighter, and your alignment to chaotic neutral.

Hehheh and, I'm tired of people hogging my Aura as well :P, the only reason they group with me is to get the AC and saves boost

i concur with the OP that it is better if folks can heal themselves instead of requiring someone else to do it for them. I am playing a paladin in a game, in reality im an ******* who doesn't really care what happens to you. don't think that my toons alignment actually reflects my disposition. I do not roleplay in this game.

equally frustrating is when i use my fighters remove curse pots on another fighter, over and over. whats the deal with that.

on the other hand lots and lots and lots of people do not have the coin to be self sufficient. However, these people had better be god damned polite and appreciative like i was when i was poor back in 06-08

I played AC2, so I log in everyday expecting to see a message that the servers will be ending in 4 months. As such, every day they don't is a good day!! Play like the world will end, because it will.