Thread: PSA for TR's

Default PSA for TR's

If you dont want to lose 10% from people dying, doing pug. Its getting old listening to tr's complain about losing that 10% bonus from no deaths in pugs.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing....
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

I concur.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    If you dont want to lose 10% from people dying, doing pug. Its getting old listening to tr's complain about losing that 10% bonus from no deaths in pugs.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing....
    Have people been complaining that you die a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Hahaa!
    I think he's talking about the 10 Con, no fort sorc who immediately tosses FW as soon as he sees a mob.
    I'm so sick of hearing TRs complain about these types dying that I've slowed my low level pugging considerably and have been soloing more often. And I LIKE pugging because I find it entertaining!

The solution for all the frustrated TRs: Don't pug.

Or don't complain. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Yes people complain I die a lot.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Stormreach Mentor
    Founder

Default PUG Deaths

The 10% XP bonus for no deaths is nice to get, but I don't really count on it when pugging. What drives me bonkers is the dead idiot that can't wait the few minutes it takes for the party to come by for his/her stone.

I look at it this way: You die, you cost the party 10%; big deal. But for the love of all that's holy, sit tight. If you release and re-enter, that's ANOTHER 10%. You have now cost the entire party 20% of their XP.

5 party members * 20% each = 100%. You just made an entire quest's worth of XP go *poof*.

I've started dropping people for this...thankfully the penalty is applied when they come back, not when they leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Who can keep track of all the flights and hotels?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The 10% XP bonus for no deaths is nice to get, but I don't really count on it when pugging. What drives me bonkers is the dead idiot that can't wait the few minutes it takes for the party to come by for his/her stone.

I look at it this way: You die, you cost the party 10%; big deal. But for the love of all that's holy, sit tight. If you release and re-enter, that's ANOTHER 10%. You have now cost the entire party 20% of their XP.

5 party members * 20% each = 100%. You just made an entire quest's worth of XP go *poof*.

I've started dropping people for this...thankfully the penalty is applied when they come back, not when they leave.

Exactly....you die, fine, I will put you on the list of people to stay away from in quest where no one should die. You die and release with the thought of coming back in, if I have the star, or have ANY influence over the person with the star.....ding Party:Stupid dead party member has been dismissed from your party.
    Knorgh (Pally/monk) Currently on life number 32

For me, it isn't about the 10% as much as the time it takes to recover after the situation. If someone dies, things get a little messier, and it A.) Takes longer to finish the quest B.) Gotta spend the time to rez him or find a shrine
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Towrn View Post
    Exactly....you die, fine, I will put you on the list of people to stay away from in quest where no one should die. You die and release with the thought of coming back in, if I have the star, or have ANY influence over the person with the star.....ding Party:Stupid dead party member has been dismissed from your party.
    QFT

You recall and i catch ya, your getting booted usually. Ill let it go sometimes if its a real newb, but thats done with after the first few harbor quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
    For me, it isn't about the 10% as much as the time it takes to recover after the situation. If someone dies, things get a little messier, and it A.) Takes longer to finish the quest B.) Gotta spend the time to rez him or find a shrine
    Meh, if someone dies and its a big deal and time is spent having to "recover" there will prolly be a few more deaths. Otherwise its a quick ride in my backpack till we get to the shrine, or ive got you rez'd healed and rebuffed already. The time is really inconsequential.
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Meh, if someone dies and its a big deal and time is spent having to "recover" there will prolly be a few more deaths. Otherwise its a quick ride in my backpack till we get to the shrine, or ive got you rez'd healed and rebuffed already. The time is really inconsequential.
    Exactly.
    O NOES! That 11 minute quest took 13 minutes!!!!!11!!!!one!!eleven!!!111!!!!

Community Member

Releasing without group approval is way different than dying.
    Wherever you went - here you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartwick View Post
    Releasing without group approval is way different than dying.
    this just sounds dirty!

on track though, ya i agree with the OP. we made it three years without that xp bonus for not dying, not sure what is different. well except that the TR need more xp to lvl, but hey if you were in that big a hurry to cap ya coulda just stayed there!

I played AC2, so I log in everyday expecting to see a message that the servers will be ending in 4 months. As such, every day they don't is a good day!! Play like the world will end, because it will.