Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Funniest thing you've ever heard in game?

I'd have to say for me it was waaaaaaaay back when Gianthold was still kinda new and they were doin a +1 Loot weekend.

2 guildies had had a late night and one crashed over at the others house. So in guild chat I asked "So how did the sleep over go?"

The other guildie responded"Great I shaved his back and we cuddled all night."......that in itself is funny. But instead of guild chat he replied in party chat.

We were in a PUG PoP run....there was a brief moment of silence(which seemed alot longer to my friend I'm sure) and one of the PUGGERS simply said....."Well.....that isn't somethig you see everyday." Very deadpan.

I laughed so hard I cried. My friend tried explaining himself....but he got drowned out by everyone laughing. He doesn't play anymore.....but when we still talk that incident comes up ALOT!!
    No I don't wear a Concordant Opp item on my Barb...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Zixx of the FlatBlade(Barb)

Can't remember what quest this was in but a while back the following was typed into party chat:

AFK dong needs a bio

*dog
    Ishamiel ~Rhayak ~ Badhorse ~Kyode ~ Drhorrible ~ Hjealmeh
    ChaosKnights ~~~ Argonnessan
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Armor plated earslugs...

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

so much is so funny. but i like a semi recent random pug, von 3, where dps did not have the right weapons to kill Marut, kept dying, running back to shrine to respawn and therefore spawning more earth eles. got to 59 deaths and i was laughing to hard i couldn't type.

someone kindly dropped so that i could invite the kind 2nd TR (who was i think was lvl 15 at the time and is "just" a rogue) who came in and took him down in < 2mins.

so many funny belly laugh moments but they're all situational.
    ~ Khyber - Crimson Eagles ~
    ~ Mellinator ~ Mellant ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Melvanwy ~

About 3 years ago I was in a pug - one of the players says over voice chat: "Afk 2 minutes all."

He had his audio set to hands free. How do I know this you ask?

Because the whole party heard every word he said as he bought a bag of ... holding...

PTT FTW!!!!
    "Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking."
    Officer of Aces over Kings, Argonesson - Elmo, Marin, Ganelon, Sevollas, Seda, Camerone, Amdr, Ganelonn, Fozzie, Misspiggy

The DM voice in the Cannith aquaducts, "We've beat them off, this time..."
    LOL
    Optymuz Prime - Chang Tsu

Driving the Clown car in the skies above Sarlona!

The DM saying "the hatchery" about 9 zillion times in "The Spawn of Whisperdoom". Oh wait, that's the most annoying!

Me yelling to my kids to stop in Tempest's Spine and the whole party did. LOL Yeah, that's an oops to not have the mic muted on my part, but still funny. They all got a good laugh at my expense.

Quote Originally Posted by soupertc View Post
    I'd have to say for me it was waaaaaaaay back when Gianthold was still kinda new and they were doin a +1 Loot weekend.

2 guildies had had a late night and one crashed over at the others house. So in guild chat I asked "So how did the sleep over go?"

The other guildie responded"Great I shaved his back and we cuddled all night."......that in itself is funny. But instead of guild chat he replied in party chat.

We were in a PUG PoP run....there was a brief moment of silence(which seemed alot longer to my friend I'm sure) and one of the PUGGERS simply said....."Well.....that isn't somethig you see everyday." Very deadpan.

I laughed so hard I cried. My friend tried explaining himself....but he got drowned out by everyone laughing. He doesn't play anymore.....but when we still talk that incident comes up ALOT!!
    I'm pretty sure I was in that group.
    -=Quantum Entropy - Sarlona Server=-
    Thelmallen [monk paladin] - Bladetuner [warchanter] - Stratonike [exploiter] - Bladeturner [cleric] - Sulien [wizard] - Bladeoffreya [FvS monk]

Quote Originally Posted by Thelmallen View Post
    I'm pretty sure I was in that group.
    Were you the shaver or shavee?
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Quote Originally Posted by soupertc View Post

yeah I was in that group, but i thought it was in a reaver not pop.

Myself and 2 guildies and a pug ran an easy successful quest, by the end 3 more guildies logged in. So my friend types /p so we gonna ditch this loser or what.

amongst the LOLing my reply to him in /g that is the leader of "insert prominent Sarlona guild here" dummy....
    Last edited by Vaarsuvius; 02-25-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Turgar View Post
    The DM voice in the Cannith aquaducts, "We've beat them off, this time..."
    LOL
    Along the same lines.....

In Redwillows after taking out a group of monsters in some portion of the quest the DM says a line that makes me chuckle with each character I take through there. He talks of cleansing their taint...*snickers*
    Quote Originally Posted by Perspicacity View Post
    5 min? I don't know about you but if I leave for my lady I'm out for the night. The bedroom is the one place I NEVER zerg.

SO many where to start?

An old Guild got his first wireless headset and took an AFK to smoke. . .needless to say he left it on and was talking to a room mate on his patio. . .we heard him tell all about how to successfully flirt with and pick up girls, as well as how he got an awesome price on Pineapples.

I miss Eiken.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post
    SO many where to start?

An old Guild got his first wireless headset and took an AFK to smoke. . .needless to say he left it on and was talking to a room mate on his patio. . .we heard him tell all about how to successfully flirt with and pick up girls, as well as how he got an awesome price on Pineapples.

I miss Eiken.
    I missed the whole thing because he was drunk and talking over everyone that whole run, so I squelched him
    Sarlona's #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    I missed the whole thing because he was drunk and talking over everyone that whole run, so I squelched him
    Ha there were quite a few Eikken leaving his mic open conversations when he first got his head set, all of them quite entertaining lol.

Another time long ago. . .

A woman left her mic open and was screaming at her husband for NOT drinking enough and demanding that he bring her the valium NOW, not later NOW. And then she was like, oh wait, I could take some percoset too. . .
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Who can keep track of all the flights and hotels?!?!?!?!?!

I think the funniest thing I have ever heard in this game was a few weeks ago when an unamed guildie (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=230800) who may or may not be mentioned in that thread drank enough 100 proof captain morgans to kill an army of dwarves.

I really wish you guys could hear all the recordings we took from TS.

Knorgh (triple triple completionist) Currently 12 Wizard/6 Ranger/2 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Were you the shaver or shavee?
    I shower with Nair daily so I definitely would not be the shavee.
    -=Quantum Entropy - Sarlona Server=-
    Thelmallen [monk paladin] - Bladetuner [warchanter] - Stratonike [exploiter] - Bladeturner [cleric] - Sulien [wizard] - Bladeoffreya [FvS monk]

Quote Originally Posted by Newtons_Apple View Post
    About 3 years ago I was in a pug - one of the players says over voice chat: "Afk 2 minutes all."

He had his audio set to hands free. How do I know this you ask?

Because the whole party heard every word he said as he bought a bag of ... holding...

PTT FTW!!!!
    Exact same thing happened to me...about 3 years ago as well. Might have been
    the same PUG, but the guy in my story was just setting the whole deal up (names and all) on his
    phone.

I was in another random PUG that was being dominated by a (I dont mean to sound racist) white fella. He sounded like a southern guy in his thirties or so and he was kind of a know it all. Either way, the group got treated to the first half of a fight between he and his mother (I dont think he was actually 30) about how he needs to get chores done before he uses the "kah pooter".

I dont know if this qualifies as "funny" or not....it weirded me out.
    Another random PUG, another old sounding southern guy with a booming mic and so much wisdom to share, and another live mic. This time the guy was explaining something on a Gwylans run....we were almost to the end and had been hearing his war stories and preaching the whole time (with family noises in the background). Eventually, around the last trap (spinning blade, not trapped chest) his daughter comes up to his desk to tell drawl to him "Daddy, my butthole hurts".
    She seemed both amused and surprised by this.

His mic (and the rest of the PUG's mics) were silent for the remaining couple of minutes. Dont know if she had been riding a horse all day or if she eats sunflower seeds with the shell on. So yeah...maybe not "funny ha ha", but definitely "funny-peculiar".
    Play True Neutral - Live Chaotic Good

Guild group, running some new players threw Korthos just to get them out. so I put together a stock fighter just to crush them threw it fast. (I usually play the rogue)

We were doing Sacrifices on elite, and I was telling the full party that there is a trap around *here*...

(...of coarse this is when there was the "trap bug" on elite.)

*KA-CHUNK! 120+ damage*

Full party wipe. even got the new rogue in the party.

Yup, good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

It wasn't something I heard, but something I saw...

The first time I saw the "shadow hump"...I didn't get it, but then my mind went to the gutter, and I died laughing.

To this day, it's still hilarious if done at the right time.

Picture a halfing shadow-humping Harry
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

soda up the nose moment for a couple of us... a guildie playing a WF toon was complaining about how his hitpoints were leaking so someone told him to weld a shield to his butt.
    This space intentionally left mostly blank.

Cant remember who but someone was throwing down the best Schwarzenegger impressions in an elite VoN 5-6 run last summer. Trucker was there with his "Git R done"! Took like an hour to fill because every member was getting rousted non-stop - several dropped. Some egos were bruised but it was freakin hilarious. Part 6 was an epic fail because several wanted to be the hero. Most fun Ive had without completion hands down.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast