Default Today's Mild Entertainment, delivered a bit late

I've been meaning to share this little tidbit, I hope you find it as amusing as I did.

From a shroud lfm pug in which I stated "shroud, self buff, fast, selective, 1 spot"

(Party): [To Party] (Tell): <PlayerID:XXX>YYY</Player> tells you, 'Selective for Shroud? XD Who the hell do you think you are? :P'

I did accept some folks without a large amount of experience, but they all listened well and it went very well.
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

Forget selective, was it a real self buff only
    Halflings Rule and never irritate anyone that can cast dispell

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonhyde View Post
    Forget selective, was it a real self buff only
    Naw, only during hard-core speed runs do you really go all out on self buffing. I make small allowances for non guildies joining the group, like giving out fire resist or freedom if anyone asks for it. For example, I even cast jump on the cleric without him asking for it in part 1. I know, I feel such shame, sigh, but he seemed nice.

Besides, his comment in part 4 of "Wow, a 1 rounder..." as if it were the most amazing sight in the world, right next to a phoenix perched on someone's shoulder, made me smile

(Of course, if they think asking for fire resist and freedom while beating on harry is a good time to ask, well... hope they didn't REALLY need them..)
    Devs: Thanks for making Druids available to VIPs without the pack. This more than anything, has made me want to buy the pack.

There are a few people that are a little over-selective on shroud PUGs... not only looking you up on my.ddo, but then interrogating you on your equipment, and on and on. I can understand not wanting to wipe, but there is a line. If someone tries to ask anything more than whether I have DR bypassing weapons, I just laugh and wait for the next group.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    There are a few people that are a little over-selective on shroud PUGs... not only looking you up on my.ddo, but then interrogating you on your equipment, and on and on. I can understand not wanting to wipe, but there is a line. If someone tries to ask anything more than whether I have DR bypassing weapons, I just laugh and wait for the next group.

Best way to solve the myddo problem is before you logout, unequip everything, or pull the masterwork/starter gear out.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    I've been meaning to share this little tidbit, I hope you find it as amusing as I did.

From a shroud lfm pug in which I stated "shroud, self buff, fast, selective, 1 spot"

(Party): [To Party] (Tell): <PlayerID:XXX>YYY</Player> tells you, 'Selective for Shroud? XD Who the hell do you think you are? :P'

I did accept some folks without a large amount of experience, but they all listened well and it went very well.
    reply: 'I'm the guy with the star'

i hate it when people complain about how something is being done, but aren't willing to do it them selves. If they don't want to be selective when building a party they should build their own.

I played AC2, so I log in everyday expecting to see a message that the servers will be ending in 4 months. As such, every day they don't is a good day!! Play like the world will end, because it will.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Its even funnier when I tell them I got a Flame Touched Trans 2 Hander with GEOB, then have to explain it to them, after they were the ones interrogating me, trying to front like they know whats up...
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.