Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultimate Egg Path

* I have updated the path. I figured out a much easier way that can be done without such a high jump score, even without feather falling and still managed to finish it with 1:26 left! *

Video of how to run it

RED - Start the hunt and run across the bridge to the building south of the auctioneer. Jump up on it and grab the first silver egg in a tree, then go across to the next building picking up two more silver eggs. From there jump to the southern buildings* and run up to the silver egg (you don't need to climb up the next platform) then run to your east. Here you'll have to jump across to the golden egg.

BLUE - Once you got this egg, jump from there to the eastern direction (this is the hardest part of the path). You should be directly under the big bridge at this point. Run to the silver egg and drop down to get the gold one. Then run to the grass hill and hop up. Make it around the round roof building and drop down to get the next gold egg. Hover to the water and pick up the bronze egg, run to your west, pick up the next then south between the building and the waterfall pillar. Once you get that egg take a turn right and run straight ahead to the bronze egg under the varanda. Take a step back and run up the hill, get the bronze egg beside the collector, then go to your west and pick up the next bronze. Turn around and make way up the ladder.

GREEN - When you get up the ladder run to the gold egg on top of the round roof, then hover down to the silver egg on top of the pillar. Run straight and jump up the roof, get the silver on the edge and jump across to the rocks. There you should find two more eggs. Jump down and onto the fallen pillar and make a sharp left curve and jump up to the fountain platform right beside the bridge. You should get two bronze eggs in a row. Then go around the pillar and near the lowest roof and jump up on it. Turn to your right and go for the bronze, keep going straight (careful not to fall) and pick up the golden one. Then stop, turn left and jump to the silver. Once again stop, turn right and hover down to the waterfall pillar, where you will find another silver egg. Keep running forward and jump to the short stub of a pillar, where there is another silver on top. From there jump over the wall to the pawn shop area. Grab the nearest bronze, go to the center and get another bronze, then to the warforged vendor for the next bronze. Turn right and get the bronze while jumping on the vendor's tent. Then up the wall for the gold, drop down and there should be a bronze right at the wall. Turn left and go for the last bronze.

Voi'la! You got your ultimate

* - For those without feather falling, at this part (on the RED part) you will need to drop down instead of jumping, climb up the stairs and jump up on the roof from the plant vase (right behind the new quest boards).
    Last edited by Kaeldur; 02-18-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks. I hadn't even realized there were gold eggs. I am suprised you didn't head down to the rusty nail as there are a lot of bronze and a silver all in that one corner. I will try this route out.

Need feather falling, haste (or house P trinket), and a very good jump to get this way. But its a incredible easy way to gather an ultimate aura. I get used with it in 3 runs, and from that on, its only joy.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Updated! I figured out a better and easier path!

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Need feather falling, haste (or house P trinket), and a very good jump to get this way. But its a incredible easy way to gather an ultimate aura. I get used with it in 3 runs, and from that on, its only joy.
    The new path needs a not so high jump score and can be done even without feather falling... It helps to have haste or house P trinket, but I managed to do it on a lvl 3 character without FF and still had 54 secs left!

Step 3, rather than jumping across turn and jump into the fountain. Get the egg on it. Run to the bridge ahead of you. Get the egg there. Run up the bridge. Fall off left, get the silver, cross under the bridge for the other silver. Jump-climb up heading for the 12 (collect copper). Run back on the bridge, jump off to the west, collect silver. Make easy jump up to the top, the drop down to gold on the dome. Drop to silver on the buttress. Drop to the floor for copper under the gold. Turn left, run up small path. Collect 2 coppers back by stalls, then jump onto building due E of the gold dome egg. Fall off, run up ramp to bank, continue run by jumping back onto the ladder on the building to the E of the fountain.

Well, that was versus the original directions. You can still do better around the bridge without much more time via this, but it hardly matters. I'm getting level 4 mules through with no problem.

Very close to my path with some key differences but roughly the same eggs over all. My personal best time is 1:42 remaining (1min 18sec total run time).
    Last edited by Maldavenous; 02-19-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldavenous View Post
    Very close to my path with some key differences but roughly the same eggs over all. My personal best time is 1:42 remaining (1min 18sec total run time).
    Wow... pretty awesome time there! My best was 1:26 left... But I only discovered this path after I spent all tokens on my fastest character =P

+1, tyvm Kaeldur Worked like a charm when I didn't want to ask for buffs
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Community Member

That's close to my path, I usually have around 1:30 remaining after I get to ultimate, and I don't even leave the west side of the marketplace.

6 gold eggs, 20 silver, and a few bronze = ultimate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmflaxl0vrM

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Thank you, much appreciated

Thanks very much.

Added my own variations to the route & got Ultimate after a few tries.
    My best time was around :50 left though - bunch of slowpokes.

Very nice. Works like a charm. No haste. 19 jump. Plenty of time left over if you happen to miss a jump. Add the silver in the fountain mentioned by Rhysem and there's even more room for error (not that you'll need it).
    Meh

Where is this silver one in the fountain? In the water at the bottom?

Wow you can really do this with out haste?

This is pretty much my favorite route, although I take off a different direction around where the blue turns into green on your map...still essentially the same eggs though.

For me, with my twitch skills, low alts, and connection quality....I need 2 out of 3 of Haste/Feather Fall/Jump to be able to get the Ultimate Aura. I have some lowbie toons on Cannith that dont have 2 out of the 3 and I cant get Ultimate using any path.
    Play True Neutral - Live Chaotic Good

Quote Originally Posted by Razic-Thule View Post
    Wow you can really do this with out haste?
    Yes... I've done it on a lvl 2 character with no jump ranks with only a jump buff (not even feather falling) and still had about 40 seconds left upon reaching ultimate

Woot. Thanks, i guess there is hope for me after all. I really thank you for the map and the video i shall study them well. Again thank you.

Time Bandit

Default Thanks for the pathing!

I was able to get ultimate on the 2nd try (and consistently thereafter) with around 35 seconds left using a variation of this path, and using only the Kortho's feather fall cloak (once) and the Anger's Step for expeditious retreat (twice), as a level 3 ranger (without sprint boost). A level 1 should also be able to do this, as long as you have those items. The YouTube video was very helpful in figuring out how to do it.

There are some notes that I think might be helpful if you don't have perm feather fall or haste, and are relying on the two clickies that I mentioned above. There is a second part where having a second Korthos feather fall item would be in handy, but it's not necessary -- expeditious retreat is enough.

1. Cast your first expeditious retreat as soon as you start the path.
    2. Sometime (any time) before you get the third egg, use your feather fall clickie. This gets you across the big gap so that you don't have to go up the stairs etc.
    3. The jump between the 5th and 6th eggs (where the blue line starts) is a pretty crucial one, so make sure you get that one. If you miss it, however, no sweat. Head north, through the arch, and turn right. There will be a ladder on your right that you can use to climb up. You'll lose about 15 seconds this way, but you should still have plenty of time left.
    4. Use your second expeditious retreat around where the green line starts. It's very helpful in making sure you get across that jump between the third and fourth eggs in the green line.
    5. Between the 4th and 5th eggs in the green line, your character may not have enough jump to get up. But to your left, near where the bridge is, there's a platform that you can hang off of. Jump toward that, climb onto it, and from there, you can jump onto where the 5th egg is.
    6. After the 6th egg, I would recommend heading directly east and climbing the stairs there, if you are unable to make the jump that the path (as currently drawn) currently requires. From there, you would get the south egg first, then the north one.
    7. Around here, if you have a second Korthos feather fall clickie, now would be the time to use it, to make the jump from this building to get the 10th egg in the green line. Rather than directly jumping from the rooftop, you should consider the ledge along the path that's a bit lower but closer to the other side. I was able to make it across from here (since you'll still have expeditious retreat at this point) without feather fall.
    8. After you get the eggs in the broker area, you might find that you didn't get ultimate yet (if you missed a few along the path). However, there's plenty of bronze eggs east of the vendor area, so you can get those to get to ultimate as well.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Thanks so much for this.

I figured I may as well try to sensibly use my tokens since I think it was the last day (was it?). So I practiced from your map and you tube and got ultimate each time. My twitch is not brilliant so that large jump I only got with one of my toons but yeah. Well worth it for the loot.

Thank you.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast