Arrow Dear DDO Devs - Chair appeals to you.

Dear DDO Devs:

I've been playing this game for a long time. I'm not beta, but pretty darn close to launch, if a few months is close.

I don't ask for much, simple fixes, clarification on game behavior, perhaps a nod here and there to the fact I've been with you for years.

Most of the times I take your seemingly backwards approach to things with a grain of salt. The game is still playable, fun and even with the current issues, is still fun for me.

I have a problem though. Something is bugging me. I need to understand your logic behind this, or rather I will want to hear "Why Not" if indeed that is the case.

Can you please make the 2 Banking areas quick logoff spots like taverns.... PLEASE?

With shared banking, and the ability to have a crapload of toons, looking for things and swapping 14 characters around could be sooo much more efficiently handled with that small change.

I would say please and thank you.

~Dogchair the DJ

I like.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

No, how dare you ask for...huh? Something that would help everyone? You sure? I mean, suggestions are supposed to flamed...oh, ok.

/signed

/signed.

Banks and Taverns make sense to me.

Wow. Seriously wow. I can't believe nobody's thought of that before.

Phenominal idea. All of my toons are usually parked in the bank.

/signed 100000000 times
    S E N T I N E L S
    **Belwaar** | Waarfists | *Waartitan* | Waarmage | *Waarsavant* | *Waarchanter* | Waarknuckle | Waarforged | Waarfavored | *Torgaar* | *Waarmedic* | Neissa | Khurg | Jaxsen | *Kelindros*

I log all my toons out in Necropolis for this very reason (bank is near the tavern.)

This would be an excellent change.

Default Ditto

/signed.

AKA Graft (Dw Ftr/Rgr/Rog), Nekrud (WF Wiz), Deechi (Hu Sorc), and McShae (Dw Cleric)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuth View Post
    I log all my toons out in Necropolis for this very reason (bank is near the tavern.)

This would be an excellent change.
    I do the same, but /signed nevertheless. Marketplace bank is also very near phoenix tavern.

/signed

I dont have TONS of toons but they all share at least one piece of equip/pots/scrolls, nice idea.

I'm not sure why any area outside of an instanced quests shouldnt be fast log out.

Why artificially increase logout time? What exactly is the purpose? If I'm done playing I can just close the game by hitting the X.... The purpose for most of "Logging out" is simply to switch characters....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

great idea, but is it only meant to work in the banks on Ghallanda? OW, let's get this pushed into the suggestion forum
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Actually, we on Ghallanda have many perks you don't have on other servers. Our halflings have heads that are not shaped like footballs, for instance. They also have fully articulated elbows, unlike the rest of you poor slobs out there on other servers.

Seriously, it's better here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uskathoth View Post
    As opposed to the very sensible killing of hobgoblins and magical wizards. In Pretend-Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetoes View Post
    Actually, we on Ghallanda have many perks you don't have on other servers. Our halflings have heads that are not shaped like footballs, for instance. They also have fully articulated elbows, unlike the rest of you poor slobs out there on other servers.

Seriously, it's better here.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ninetoes again."

Quote Originally Posted by Kadran View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ninetoes again."
    Such is the price of notoriety.
    As opposed to the very sensible killing of hobgoblins and magical wizards. In Pretend-Land.

weird, double post.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I'm not sure why any area outside of an instanced quests shouldnt be fast log out.

Why artificially increase logout time? What exactly is the purpose? If I'm done playing I can just close the game by hitting the X.... The purpose for most of "Logging out" is simply to switch characters....
    Agreed. I think it used to be so you couldn't 'escape' a troubling situation by simply logging out. I think I recall using that in EverQuest a few times back in the day...but that was back when your equipment stayed on your corpse and you had to run back to recover it...*shudder*

But here...it really doesn't make sense anywhere, other than giving you a few seconds to cancel it if you, say, hit Logout instead of Options on accident.

Default ll hate this

Chair I know that most of us hate this problem as much as you do but a easy fix is to use necro.
    Most of my toons are bound there do to the fact I like to rumage in the bank for stuff I thought I still had
    Bank Auction Mailbox Tavern it's pretty much the best logging spot in game for your situation.
    I only zerg to out run the lag

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

What he said.
    Osmand d'Medani, Stonebearer Eric, Wardreamer

Signed.