Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Thelmallen View Post
    Is this why I don't get invited to Fight Club raids anymore?
    You know we like you thel. At least healemup is always talking about how you look in that tight armor.

And Zixx, I'm not longwinded. After all sometimes it just takes awhile to say what you wanted to say about the thing you were interested in imparting and the aspects that pertain to it, not to mention the congruency of world events that shaped your opinion of said item and the perception of the event by the community and fellow gamers, not to mention the fact that what you wanted to say about the thing you were interested in imparted might not pertain to the event in question except in certain occurrences which are rare or frequent as the case may be.
    Doing a good job here is like peeing in a dark suit.

You get a warm feeling, but nobody really notices.

Quote Originally Posted by moops View Post
    If you are new to the game, or our server, or perhaps you have been playing for years but you feel you just don't need listen to the leader/healers, please for the love of all the divine loot in the world--make sure you can hear, and that you actually listen to the leader AND RESPOND when doing Elite/Difficult raids/quests. . .You don't have to talk, typing is mighty fine, but some kind of response other than comatose would rock.

Seriously
    My Guildie Quik wanted to do an Elite Shroud last night--we brought new people to the raid, no big deal normally. . .cept they did not communicate at all--we had 6 people in our group who could/would not communicate on any level. . .One was because of a language barrier and we dealt with it, but the rest? They did talk or type in english before the raid started, but were non responsive once we started, so they have no excuse.

Quik asked them questions over and over, assigned certain people to do things, and was ignored for pretty much the entire run--I mean we typed questions, we asked questions in voice chat, we typed Boss assignments as well as stated them, we had a few archers in group as well as a few melee who did not seem to have many HP so we were trying to assign people to pin Harry in on Part 5 and people just didnt answer any questions, or listen when we did assign people to pin Harry in--it was pretty frustrating. After part 2 I wanted to call it cuz I knew it was going to be disastrous in parts 4 and 5 when only two people went to the boss they were assigned ( we had me on cleric and the other CLeric was listening quite well, and a guild caster) --Part 4 and 5 were carried by pretty much 5 people. . .Part 4 after the first round I blinked my eyes and 5 people died from the devils, seriously it was like they all got one shotted. . .which pointed to a very painful part 5.

Yes we did finish, but by gosh that was one of the longest Elite Shroud runs Ive ever been in, I had to use RESOURCES, and really I don't feel that I should have to resort to Blade Barrring and Harms on elite to get horoth down-I mean he saves against BB quite a bit on elite and doesnt really move well enough. The rangers wouldn't even listen to me when I told them where to stand so as not to get hit by the blades and DIE--we had to leave 6 or 7 people dead to finish this.

Now its true these people had huge AC and HP probs and Prob Heavy Fort problems, but if they would've at least been responsive and communicative, it would not have been so frustrating, I get that people are new, and I don't mind taking them through some of the harder quests/raids, but after last night, I have to ask myself why if people are just going to ignore us?
    Run ahead and kill everything? Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Samulas View Post
    And Zixx, I'm not longwinded. After all sometimes it just takes awhile to say what you wanted to say about the thing you were interested in imparting and the aspects that pertain to it, not to mention the congruency of world events that shaped your opinion of said item and the perception of the event by the community and fellow gamers, not to mention the fact that what you wanted to say about the thing you were interested in imparted might not pertain to the event in question except in certain occurrences which are rare or frequent as the case may be.
    a typical lead Sam raid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmxpf...eature=related
    No I don't wear a Concordant Opp item on my Barb...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Zixx of the FlatBlade(Barb)

Quik, I think that you are being a lot nicer than I am--there were 6 pikers in that group, not including you.
    Last edited by moops; 02-19-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    Hexxa CLR 25 *TR* * ~Hexanna ~*TR* FVS 25 * Hexecuter CLR 20 *Flexanna RGR/R/M 18/1/1 *TR* * Flexa FTR/R 18/2 TR * Hextravaganz Bard *TR* 18/2 * Hexotic Sorc 13 * Hexquisite Wiz 23 * ~~Quantum Entropy * SARLONA~~ - * and various other scoundrels

Quik, I think that you are being a lot nicer than I am--there were 6 pikers in that group, not including you.
    I hope Quik at least got to wear his King of the Pikers tag or something. I mean, now there are pikers and there are .... Quiks.

Oh, and then there are party members who "lag spike" throughout Von6 epic. I hate those guys.
    Last edited by Thelmallen; 02-19-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    -=Quantum Entropy - Sarlona Server=-
    Thelmallen [monk paladin] - Bladetuner [warchanter] - Stratonike [exploiter] - Bladeturner [cleric] - Sulien [wizard] - Bladeoffreya [FvS monk]

You know we like you thel. At least healemup is always talking about how you look in that tight armor.
    I'm glad someone notices how great my a$$ looks in a set of Desecrated Leathers.

Yeah. Can I be on the laser? I stopped listening a while ago.
    -=Quantum Entropy - Sarlona Server=-
    Thelmallen [monk paladin] - Bladetuner [warchanter] - Stratonike [exploiter] - Bladeturner [cleric] - Sulien [wizard] - Bladeoffreya [FvS monk]

Talking some ways to kill them

Look every on nose what to do with pikers and people that dose not answer right? if not, you drag the mob back to them and when thy die take there stone and put it in deep water a hole or in lava far away from the shrine. and in the first five min thy don't answer reform drop. or if you are to far in just keep getting them killed thy will leave on there own do not healing them but do the rest of the group, no help with mobs if thy are in fight stand back and watch them and if thy ask for help don't answer this works for me and it very funny (to have a person who not answering you no matter what you do)do not answer them when thy want to know why you doped there stone in a pool of lava of even further away from the shrine. really it works Just keep getting them killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    Yeah, feedback of some kind, to in some way acknowledge that strategy exists and is helpful, is good. I too hate it when I'm trying to type out or talk out ideas or whatever and just get radio silence, no indication whatsoever that I've been heard and the info processed. Thankfully, I haven't had this happen too much, and almost never in a situation where it really mattered (like Shroud on Elite), but I hear ya.

Even a simple emote like /nod would be nice.
    Whats sad is this, Quik did send tells to people before accepting them because I told him that I would not do an elite shroud with people who didnt at least have trans of pure good weapons--they simply ignored him pretty much as soon as we stepped in until the very end.
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Ok so, noob question, what's a piker? :P

There's one real genius recently that I've learned to avoid like the plague... he pikes his own groups. He'll put up an lfm, fill a group, get in the dungeon and then go afk and hope the group completes for him. Needless to say, this doesn't usually go well.

Also the same guy that put up that lvl 14-17 Shroud lfm, incidentally.

Angry Wow

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    There's one real genius recently that I've learned to avoid like the plague... he pikes his own groups. He'll put up an lfm, fill a group, get in the dungeon and then go afk and hope the group completes for him. Needless to say, this doesn't usually go well.

Also the same guy that put up that lvl 14-17 Shroud lfm, incidentally.
    I hope that thy or he is not in Sarlona hed probly not like me.
    The Rogues Guild - Sarlona
    How did that get in here? Hay give that back O that’s yours? Sorry
    Gordgray Gord of gray Hawk Rogues do it from behind

Talking poor quik

the problem with letting quik lead is that most players have him squelched and can't hear his inane instructioning. its true, ive done a survey.

I played AC2, so I log in everyday expecting to see a message that the servers will be ending in 4 months. As such, every day they don't is a good day!! Play like the world will end, because it will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12