Thread: PG or Maiming?

Community Member

Default PG or Maiming?

Is it better to put icy burst on a +4 holy burst khopesh of maiming or wait for a khopesh that ends in pure good?

Pure Good 99.9% of the time.

Assuming Improved Crit:

Maiming on a Rapier: 3.5x.3 average: 1.05 per swing
    Maiming on a Kopesh: 7x.2 average: 1.4 per swing
    Maiming on a Pick: 10.5x.1 average: 1.05 per swing

Pure Good averages 3.5 per swing.

Twokegs [Dwarf Ranger-Fighter] / Milithor [Elf Cleric-Monk] / Ziryll [Human Exploiter]

Quote Originally Posted by HanJobba View Post
    Is it better to put icy burst on a +4 holy burst khopesh of maiming or wait for a khopesh that ends in pure good?
    Maiming. By far maiming. You already have Holy so PG is not needed to bypass good DR.

Maiming is inferior to Pure Good in terms of damage. Might as well wait until you have the better item.
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
    Maiming is inferior to Pure Good in terms of damage. Might as well wait until you have the better item.
    A lot of this depends on what your intention is here OP. By adding icy burst to the maiming it becomes more versatile, as such you may use it against mobs who are immune to good damage. If you are a FB or Kensai maiming starts to make more sense because of increased crit range or multiplier. Remember that Maiming is un-typed damage and works on everything, even mobs that are immune to criticals.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    A lot of this depends on what your intention is here OP. By adding icy burst to the maiming it becomes more versatile, as such you may use it against mobs who are immune to good damage. If you are a FB or Kensai maiming starts to make more sense because of increased crit range or multiplier. Remember that Maiming is un-typed damage and works on everything, even mobs that are immune to criticals.
    Well, he's already got holy burst on it. I think he means to use it on evil enemies.

Community Member

I have improved crit slashing, bloodstone, and I am a ranger tempest exploited build. I have some pg weapons, just was wondweing if the crazy crit rate woult make maiming more viable for damage. Sorry, I am typing on an iPhone and they ain't fat thumb friendly.
    Last edited by HanJobba; 02-17-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Gramar

I'd toss it on that khopesh. It already has 2 properties that benefit on crits, holy burst AND maiming, so adding a third just ups the damage output that much more.

If you are waiting for a PG khopesh then you might as well try for a second icy-burst recipe for that as well. If you bought the first one, then well... you bought it for a reason, use it for that reason.
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Default Icy Burst Bastard Sword ??

I have a +2 Holy Burst Silver Bastard Sword of Pure Good with Force Critical on it. I consider this my Utlimate Arry beater. From what I understand Arry's cold DR is so high that Icy bursts best hit will still not bypass it. I do use the sword for DPS when Banishers, Vorpals, Disruptors and the like are ineffective. My question comes down to this.

I also have a +1 Paraylizing Bastard Sword of Pure Good.

Given these two Bastard swords, would you put Icy Busrt on the Paralyser or the Holy Sword? Ideally I would like to do both, but I dont think I am going to be able to get a second set of recipies.

EDIT: Opps, I did not mean to change topic I ment to make this a new post
    Last edited by Perceval; 02-18-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phesic View Post
    I think a good term is "Nuber": A Newb who thinks he's uber.

Red face

depends on your alignment.
    AoK Merlocke (Warlock, Heroic/Epic/Iconic Completionist x3) Merloc (Battle Cleric) Merlocked (Barb) Merlocc (Rog)

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    I have a +2 Holy Burst Silver Bastard Sword of Pure Good with Force Critical on it. I consider this my Utlimate Arry beater. From what I understand Arry's cold DR is so high that Icy bursts best hit will still not bypass it. I do use the sword for DPS when Banishers, Vorpals, Disruptors and the like are ineffective. My question comes down to this.

I also have a +1 Paraylizing Bastard Sword of Pure Good.

Given these two Bastard swords, would you put Icy Busrt on the Paralyser or the Holy Sword? Ideally I would like to do both, but I dont think I am going to be able to get a second set of recipies.

EDIT: Opps, I did not mean to change topic I ment to make this a new post
    If you're using the first one only against devils then Icy Burst is pointless and you better put it on your paralyzer.