Community Member

Default crafting insight AC weapon

Maybe I am wrong, but if i craft a 3 tier weapon using insight ac 1, 2, and 4 on all 3 tiers, do i get a total of 7 to my ac ?

No, they don't stack. Put something else on your first 2 tiers.

You are wrong, because modifiers of the same type (in this case Insight) do not stack.

There are three exceptions to this rule:
    Dodge AC (Stacks with other dodge modifiers of different amounts. I.E: Dodge +1 and +2 stack together to 3, but +3 and +3 on two different items are just +3)
    Exceptional bonuses (Stack with other exceptional of different amounts)
    Elemental Energy bonuses to HP or SP. (Stack with others of different amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by SolarDawning View Post
    You are wrong, because modifiers of the same type (in this case Insight) do not stack.

There are three exceptions to this rule:
    Dodge AC (Stacks with other dodge modifiers of different amounts. I.E: Dodge +1 and +2 stack together to 3, but +3 and +3 on two different items are just +3)
    Exceptional bonuses (Stack with other exceptional of different amounts)
    Elemental Energy bonuses to HP or SP. (Stack with others of different amounts.
    Healing Amp from items also stack (multiplicatively) as long as they're of different amounts.
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Quote Originally Posted by hydra_ex View Post
    Healing Amp from items also stack (multiplicatively) as long as they're of different amounts.
    Thanks, figured I was missing something in there!

Community Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by hydra_ex View Post
    I am confused. Could you please supply a numerical example to help me understand?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthOctopus View Post
    I am confused. Could you please supply a numerical example to help me understand?
    You have levik's bracers (+20% healing amp) and a 10% healing amp shroud weapon.

You're healing amp is 1.2*1.1 = 1.32 = 32% increase, not 30%.

If you have levik's bracers and a 20% DT, then you're still only getting 20%.
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Community Member

Does 20% human healing amplification stack with the tier 3 GS 30% healing amplification giving you 50%? And if that is the case, wouldn't that always be better than +4 AC insight? (unless a serious AC build)

/hijack

Do 3 tiers of fire absorbtion stack with each other/spells/items?
    Osmand d'Medani, Stonebearer Eric, Wardreamer

or +threat items for that matter?
    Cannith -- Fenik (cleric) - Ciaphas (Intimitank)

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Uhtred_Stark View Post
    Does 20% human healing amplification stack with the tier 3 GS 30% healing amplification giving you 50%? And if that is the case, wouldn't that always be better than +4 AC insight? (unless a serious AC build)
    Yes it stacks, although I'm not sure it's additive (may be multiplicative, see above).
    It's only better if you don't care about AC (in which case anything is better than +4 insight )

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    /hijack

Do 3 tiers of fire absorbtion stack with each other/spells/items?
    They do, at least as they're not the same amount. They probably don't if they are the same. I'm not 100% sure about the stacking with all other spells/items though (but I tested lightning GS with ring of the djinni and it stacked).

Quote Originally Posted by Uhtred_Stark View Post
    Does 20% human healing amplification stack with the tier 3 GS 30% healing amplification giving you 50%?
    Human Improved Recovery stacks with Healing Amplification; 20% from Improved Recovery and 30% from Healing Amplification would give 56%.

Btw, human Improved Recovery and Healing Amplification are different sources, i.e. also 20% from IR and 20% Healing Amplification (e.g. from Levik's Bracers) would stack, giving 44%.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    They do, at least as they're not the same amount. They probably don't if they are the same. I'm not 100% sure about the stacking with all other spells/items though (but I tested lightning GS with ring of the djinni and it stacked).
    Very useful information.
    Can you also add fireshield clicky to the test? 100% fire immunity is way too cheesy, but you never know until tested.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    Very useful information.
    Can you also add fireshield clicky to the test? 100% fire immunity is way too cheesy, but you never know until tested.
    No I can't, I don't have fire absorption GS

And the stacking is not additive, it's multiplicative, so you can never (up to numeric rounding) get to 100%.

Community Member

Human Improved Recovery stacks with Healing Amplification; 20% from Improved Recovery and 30% from Healing Amplification would give 56%.
    Very nice. Thank you.

Assuming multiplicative stacking
    Tier 3 GS+Firestorm Greaves+cold shield would give:
    1-(0.9*0.85*0.8*0.77*0.5)~=76% fire protection.

Twice as good as a simple clicky, but not really worth the effort.