Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP on Sarlona

Default PvP on Sarlona

Is it me or do you see the same 3-4 wf casters camping in the PvP area killing nothing but toons 10 lvls lower than them? Not that I consider myself a PvP'er, I did log into one of my rangers, jumped down hit multishot and cleared house; just because I was a little bored during my recent 4 day snow-in. Then... the tells started. Some were so hilarious that I could not believe my eyes. Threats, name calling and even telling me that their guild leader was coming and he was going to kick my rear end (other word used). Really? Can these folks please get bored with this game and go back to WoW or if they need free games, go to Guildwars?
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

And this is why PvP has NO PLACE in this game.
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

Been here almost 4 years... This game has PVP?

If you want PVP go to Warhammer or something.
    Actually not sure but I think Hello Kitty Island Adventures has PVP, may want to check it out.
    Englorious Basteurds - There the only ones who can put up with me.

What tha hell is PVP?

Twitter THAT! B#^ch!

Default lol

Its pvp anything goes and if you dont like the way things are going GET OUT OF THE LOBSTER there are plenty of places to pvp....btw i do have a WF caster named Nittihtiuq and i only kill lowbies if i am bored : )
    Last edited by RGGuru; 02-16-2010 at 05:44 PM.
    {Roving Guns Guild Leader} Main : *Dmgpersec* Alts : (Blackmagik)-(Eyesaveu)-(Guru)-(Lightseeker) + More

As a member of that guild you are refering to, It's interesting to hear your "version" of what went on. Awesome how things turn 180 when they come to the forums.

Default Easy Fix

There is an easy fix. Turbine simply remove PVP which should not be in DDO to start with. No more High Levels jumping low levels. Such an easy fix and one that should not have to have been done if they had not added PVP in the first place.
    It is ok to hate me, I don't like me most of the time.
    The Harsh Reality is "we both believe we are right"
    People are strange

Some people only play this game for the PVP... Don't understand y everyone always gets upset... if u don't like it don't drop into the pit... There was a time back in the day when I was so bored with all the grind and lack of content that I spent most of my game time in the pit.. Why shouldn't pvp have been introduced to DDO? just because some people don't like it doesn't mean that It shouldn't be in the game... Some people actually enjoy fair pvp duels to test their builds out...

Only bad thing about pvp is the trash talk... and the fact that they seem to love to use general chat to do it... but I mean come on... It's trash talk in a pvp pit through a computer on and MMORPG.... If anyone takes it serious and does nethin besides just sitting back and laughing then... well.... need to rethink a few things lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell1380 View Post
    As a member of that guild you are refering to, It's interesting to hear your "version" of what went on. Awesome how things turn 180 when they come to the forums.

You mean the correct version? Yes, it is awesome how when the truth comes out in the forums, it shows how things went down. Getting killed in PvP should not facilitate a string of tells and threats (of which I am not too sure how you can threaten my make-believe toon in a make-believe world) just because that person lost... twice. Yes, I killed him again after he complained and whinned and told me I was "going to get it if I came back into the pvp pit". If they cannot handle losing, don't go there in the first place. You lose a PvP fight and send me tells saying that he told his guild leader on me and he is coming to kill me? Really?

At lvls 14-17 are the quests too tough to handle that you need to repetitively kill lvl 3-8 guys in pvp?
    Last edited by barecm; 02-17-2010 at 10:03 AM.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin View Post
    Some people only play this game for the PVP... Don't understand y everyone always gets upset... if u don't like it don't drop into the pit... There was a time back in the day when I was so bored with all the grind and lack of content that I spent most of my game time in the pit.. Why shouldn't pvp have been introduced to DDO? just because some people don't like it doesn't mean that It shouldn't be in the game... Some people actually enjoy fair pvp duels to test their builds out...

Only bad thing about pvp is the trash talk... and the fact that they seem to love to use general chat to do it... but I mean come on... It's trash talk in a pvp pit through a computer on and MMORPG.... If anyone takes it serious and does nethin besides just sitting back and laughing then... well.... need to rethink a few things lol

Agreed. My point was the barrage of tells I got just because I killed someone.... then I killed him again after the first set of tells. Then the threats and nasty tells started. The other interesting observance is when a lvl 20 cleric jumped in, they scattered like mice jumping out of the pit. When a lvl 5 cleric jumped down it was a different story. They jumped on him like a dog on raw meat. They stand in all corners waiting for the next lowbie victim to jump in while one jumps around in front of the platform as if daring anyone to come down. And I can attest, when they lose they cannot handle it.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    You mean the correct version? Yes, it is awesome how when the truth comes out in the forums, it shows how things went down. Getting killed in PvP should not facilitate a string of tells and threats (of which I am not too sure how you can threaten my make-believe toon in a make-believe world) just because that person lost... twice. Yes, I killed him again after he complained and whinned and told me I was "going to get it if I came back into the pvp pit". If they cannot handle losing, don't go there in the first place. You lose a PvP fight and send me tells saying that he told his guild leader on me and he is coming to kill me? Really?

At lvls 14-17 are the quests too tough to handle that you need to repetitively kill lvl 3-8 guys in pvp?
    Whatever helps you sleep at night man. We both know what you said. Enjoy your rant, I'm out.

Default I thought Sarlona was the official 'NO DRAMA' server....

least that is what was advertised when I set up shop here

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Some people don't like to play hard. That's why we have 'normal'.

Amusing. My guild leader is bigger than your guild leader. Oh yeah? My guild leader can beat up your guild leader.

+1 OP, turns out this is not the game many runescapers thought it would be.

If you can't handle being in the pit, then stay out.

Been like that since day one.

I don't PvP but alot of my guildies do, they don't take it personal.

BTW my Guild Leader is Zell and he will come down and beat all of you up. :P

Laggin
    Don't be mean to me or my guild leader will kick your ^*&
    13th Circle, been saving your raids since '06

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell1380 View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night man. We both know what you said. Enjoy your rant, I'm out.

What helps me sleep at night has nothing to do with this game; sorry. I know exactly what was said to me. Since I did not reply, I am not sure what we both know I said. But as you most eloquently stated... whatever helps you sleep at night. I am not sure why you and yours must send tells after dying in PvP, but maybe you have some things to work on?
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Who can keep track of all the flights and hotels?!?!?!?!?!

Haaaahahahahahahahahaha

Haaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

Now that Im done laughing.....Hahahahahahahaha.....Ok, NOW I'm done.

Get over yourselves. It's a game.

I don't PVP often, and when I do, I often die, so what.

Does dying in PVP mean you suck? No, it means you dont have a toon that is suited for PVP.

P.S.- RGGURU is a tool.
    Knorgh (triple triple completionist) Currently 12 Wizard/6 Ranger/2 Monk

I helped out the lowbies yesterday in the pvp by jumping in with my ranger. Saw somw high level WF wizards just using ottos irest. dance on them and then killing them so I gave them a few multishots and took care of the situation quickly. Boy did the tells come in like crazy after that. lol but it was so much fun.
    Columbus ** Corvina ** Corv ** Columbo** Corveen ** Roonies**Jeuce
    Roving Guns

Default Misunderstanding

Heya Barecm,

Just wanted to let you know that my guildie mistakenly took this post to be
    directed at us. Had some drama in the pit last night but with a completely
    different person. He jumped on here to defend the guild but got the wrong
    guy So - many apologies man, have a good one.
    *** Siggur...20 / Gallifar...20 / Valachieri...20 / Mattux...20 / Korrosion...20 / Mordakhai...20 / Soulsquasher...12 ***

Quote Originally Posted by Poe76 View Post
    Heya Barecm,

Just wanted to let you know that my guildie mistakenly took this post to be
    directed at us. Had some drama in the pit last night but with a completely
    different person. He jumped on here to defend the guild but got the wrong
    guy So - many apologies man, have a good one.
    Just checked your toons in your sig....your guild is not the one this particular person (and his buddies) is in. I had to start wondering when he was telling me I know what I said, since I didn't respond to any tells....lol. Actually, I run with guys in your guild often. I am thinking we may be talking about the same folks when you mention "incidents in the pit". Which is kind of funny and sad all at the same time.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Just checked your toons in your sig....your guild is not the one this particular person (and his buddies) is in. I had to start wondering when he was telling me I know what I said, since I didn't respond to any tells....lol. Actually, I run with guys in your guild often. I am thinking we may be talking about the same folks when you mention "incidents in the pit". Which is kind of funny and sad all at the same time.
    My apologies barecm, I mistook you for the guy last night. His name was very similar to yours. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast