Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Community Member

Default im back

well i guess ill post here to anyone that i use to know, im back checking things out, will be retaking the thrones to SWA, and building it to a higher lvl guild, will take time and work but if anyone wants to help out let me know in game

Hevanas -20r1e aa
    innovindil 20w pm
    soulstriker 13f/2b
    and no i will not reincarnate, maybe epic but not normal

Community Member

Default Coming back - need a EU guild

Hello. I'm coming back to DDO, but I'm not very good (I had like level 4-5 max). I'm goint to play on F2P for now. Is there any good server to join if I'm from Europe(Poland)? Maybe some guild is looking for new people with low levels(Guild has to have TS and low level members also for grouping)? Thanks

P.S. If you want me to join your guild, than just PM me
    Last edited by siemien; 05-26-2014 at 05:35 AM. Reason: adding title :)

Community Member

Default Happy to help if I can

.....feel free to join any of my LFM's. Very often when I am running something I am capable of soloing, I will open the group up to puggers as a courtesy. I may not always have the answer to your question, but I will try. I generally play a toon named Ellecktra on Ghallanda. I have other toons, but am investing my time in fine tuning this one. Pleas have voice chat. I just don't have the patience for long text conversations.
    Valiant Accord

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Hey Clay,Active player always available to help new folks.

Forum name: MuleAxe
    In-Game: MuleAxe, MuleRaptor, MuleFort, MuleFist, MuleCures
    Time : 6-1 0 PM US Eastern
    Classes: Experience with all classes, and feel comfortable helping with anyone of them.
    Comments: Thelanis Server. My individual play style is fast, and can tone it down for newer folks getting used to the content. More than happy to answer questions in-game, via forum PM, or however the question gets to me.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````
    MuleAxe~1 | Occidere~1| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Community Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by movinmaster View Post
    ill crush you
    Why the negativity he string to be helpful?

Hey Fellas! It has been a long time with life throwing many curve balls my way. Wow so many new things to the game! Lets see how I can Change Eberron this time! Lol, love this game old and new!

Community Member

Default Very old player

Hello guys, i'm a very old player who left the game for many years. I started playing DDO since the passage to the freemium model.
    I want to come back to the game and start playng with a small group of fellows, playng very relaxed and repeating contents as less as is possible.
    I remember every istance had different levels of difficulty (easy, norma, hard and very hard maybe?) and the first time you have access only to normal and easy mode and you unlock the other levels by completing the previous ones.
    Is it possible to proceed in the game without doing istances more than 1 time? is there a way to unlock very hard level from the beginning? do the istances scale upon players number? is too easy to complete the normal istances with a full party in normal mode (if there's no way to unlock the very hard mode from the beginning)? and last question, if i have unlocked the very hard level, but my party members have never done the istance before, can i open the istance at very hard and let them join me?

thank you in advance for answers!

P.S. Bonus question: is there a way to look into my account (mi pg status, their inventory, what adventures i've unlocked) without using the game client?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Demost View Post
    Is it possible to proceed in the game without doing istances more than 1 time?
    If you run on higher difficulties the first time you get bonus xp. On a new character there is likely enough xp to get to level cap just running quests once with these bonuses.

is there a way to unlock very hard level from the beginning?
    If someone in your group if VIP they can open quests on any difficulty the first time. There is also an item in the DDO store that will let you open a quest on higher difficulties but it is single use only so you would need a lot of them.

do the istances scale upon players number?
    Yes they do.

and last question, if i have unlocked the very hard level, but my party members have never done the istance before, can i open the istance at very hard and let them join me?
    If any person in the party can unlock a higher difficulty then the entire party can run the quest on that difficulty.

P.S. Bonus question: is there a way to look into my account (mi pg status, their inventory, what adventures i've unlocked) without using the game client?
    There used to be but it was always buggy and was discontinued a while ago.

Community Member

Thank you very much, i think i'm gonna start in few days. I'm going to post a build in the right section to have it commented

EDIT:
    Level difficulties are unlocked on account or on charachter? i don't remember
    Last edited by Demost; 09-18-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Demost View Post
    Level difficulties are unlocked on account or on charachter? i don't remember
    It's per character.

Community Member

Thank you krelar

I've 2 last questions about my return:
    I've menaged to enter the game, i have more items then i remembered. I'm planning to sell most of them (even the ones that would be usefull to my new charachter) and transfer the money to my new one, then delete all of them. I see the shared bank is relly expansive, this means i can only use mails to transfer money and items?
    Can i make profits on charachter bound item? selling them or exchanging them for something?
    Last edited by Demost; 09-20-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Default New, and don't want to make newb mistakes

Okay I want to state that yes i am new but I come from playing many years on another mmo (WoW) and decided to switch games up cause my last game was costing me too much money.
    so with that being said what kind of advice can u guys give me ie, race/class builds ect.... I have always played a ranged style class but i would want something that has more solo-able than needing a bunch of help. today is day one for me so any help would be greatly appreciated

Updating my info:

Forum name: pelaaja Active
    Server: Argonnessen
    In-Game: Grisdalli, Minnan, Likiim, Gulda, Feenex, and Neysakura are the characters I'm mostly on with. Sometimes you might see me also online with Goldshine and Goldenmonk, as well as Hjutre and Bauner
    Time: I'm on usually around 5 PM - 2 AM (GMT+2) but not constantly on. On weekends I'm sometimes on all the way to 7 AM. If needed you can send a PM here so that you can add me in Steam for best way to get contact with me.
    Classes: Most commonly know of divine classes, but I know how to make a powerful DPS toon. Spellcasters I know also how they technically work even though I don't have one focusing on CC/nuking.
    Comments: I'm always willing to guide the new players, and will answer their questions also. Just send a tell, mail me in-game, add me in Steam or send a PM here to ask things.
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Default Need Help!!!

Hi! I'm a new player. My character's name is Liaia Iacari, a human sorcerer, and I need Help!! I play on most servers. I can make a new char.

Community Member

Default Brand new player

Hello and thank you!
    I started about a week ago, and was immediately cursed with paralytic fear of stupidity. The game has so much variety, yet it appears that while there is not one "right" way to build a character, there are many wrong ways. I've read a lot, but would love to have a mentor. I don't care which server I go to and I am not looking for hand-outs. I'm just hoping to build something that will be fun to learn with and still be viable when I get to endgame. I'm also hoping to build something that will help me farm and possibly craft so that I have a lot more flexibility with #2, etc.

I'm older; played PnP back in the 80's. I'm not good at typing, so would love to find a mentor/guild with voice chat. I enjoy playing with people of all ages and backgrounds. Will mostly play evenings in pacific standard time (west coast of the United States), but often have time during the day as well.

FYI - I am particularly fond of guilds that require an entrance mission or missions. I found a guy in a large guild on Sarlona that required a quest to prove myself and I got really excited. Unfortunately, his guild didn't use voice chat other than for raiding, and I really do like to avoid typing when possible.

Looking forward to making new friends.

Riteous

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Riteous View Post
    Hello and thank you!
    I started about a week ago, and was immediately cursed with paralytic fear of stupidity. The game has so much variety, yet it appears that while there is not one "right" way to build a character, there are many wrong ways. I've read a lot, but would love to have a mentor. I don't care which server I go to and I am not looking for hand-outs. I'm just hoping to build something that will be fun to learn with and still be viable when I get to endgame. I'm also hoping to build something that will help me farm and possibly craft so that I have a lot more flexibility with #2, etc.

I'm older; played PnP back in the 80's. I'm not good at typing, so would love to find a mentor/guild with voice chat. I enjoy playing with people of all ages and backgrounds. Will mostly play evenings in pacific standard time (west coast of the United States), but often have time during the day as well.

FYI - I am particularly fond of guilds that require an entrance mission or missions. I found a guy in a large guild on Sarlona that required a quest to prove myself and I got really excited. Unfortunately, his guild didn't use voice chat other than for raiding, and I really do like to avoid typing when possible.

Looking forward to making new friends.

Riteous
    Welcome to the game!

I really recommend playing on each of the servers for a few days or even up to a couple weeks. This will allow you a chance to experiment with different classes to get a feel for how they are represented here in DDO vs PnP. It will also give you a chance to get to see the different servers activity level during your usual playtime and get a feel for the servers personalities. While doing this you will also wind up racking up a bit of Free Turbine Points for some server First time Favor Marks. After doing this you will have a better idea of what server you would like to play on and will have had the chance to play around with a couple different classes/builds.

When/If you get around to Cannith or Thelanis let me know and if I can I'll run some quests with you or just chat and answer questions.

Hope that helps some!

/cheers
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by 811DracoIncognito View Post
    Hi! I'm a new player. My character's name is Liaia Iacari, a human sorcerer, and I need Help!! I play on most servers. I can make a new char.
    Sorry I missed this one. So while a couple months late if you are still looking for help either post back or shoot me a private message.

/cheers
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Community Member

I am willing to mentor some players. I can do this at nearly any level and I am best and Rangers and Rogues. I have 3 combo builds and they are all different. Aaronitus is my main I am on mostly Khyber in the afternoons PST. Cavalier Cavalry is my guild. I have empty Character spaces so I can start a new toon to help out.

Community Member

Exclamation

Hmmm, I'm down to help newbies, as a permanoob mahself.

Main char - Ermine

Server - Argo

Specialty - Gimped / Fun / Heroic builds (Specifically non-epic) with a focus on ranged / support. Can also do quest explanation (Inferno of the Damned etc)

Hello! Recently returning after a VERY long absence - when last I played, it was still called Stormreach :s. Anyways! Came back, rolled a paladin to get the feel of mechanics again, got him up to almost level 3. The problem is, the gameplay is getting boring. I don't have the skills for finding or disarming traps/ secret doors, won't be able to get past int runes, etc.

Lots of new mechanics kicking around that I'm still trying to find the hang of - such as this true resurrection thing. Is that really the only way to fully unlock the best stat arrays? And am I supposed to play through each different class to get the perks, or can I repeat the same two or three classes all the way through?

I really want to roll an Artificer but I'm not sure I'll enjoy the gameplay. Tried finding a few videos on youtube but most of them are solo or duo clears of epic elite bosses - not something I expect to be doing in my first few days. There were a couple of low-level ones but they mostly seemed to be, shoot things with the crossbow. Is that most of solo play? I liked the flavor in the PnP game of some magic and some skullduggery, able to pull about anything out of a hat in short order, and more durable than most wizards. Does that hold up in this iteration?

I don't have much in the way of free time to play, and I can't consistently play at the same times. Usually it's after the kids have gone to bed so teamspeak/ vent don't get to happen much. I'm low enough that I could roll something on a new server without much fuss, but most of the leveling guides I see have to do with accumulating tons of 'clickies' and swapping them around, which I won't be able to do. Any newbie-aimed guilds that are willing to take sporadic players, or even someone who can take me under their wing until I get the hang of higher gang functions, would be appreciated.

~Evan

*Edit - is there no way to find my old characters, short of logging into the game on each server? I don't think any of them made it above level 8, but the trip down memory lane might be fun. Or would they have been archived/ deleted after going unplayed so long?
    Last edited by evanfardreamer; 08-09-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast