Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raelont View Post
    Hello there

I just started playing DDO with two other buddies last night. (waay back on launch we played it a bit, but didn't get past lvl3 )
    So we are 3 noobs, looking for advice etc

I made a bard (tho I did it before checking some guides), one of us going for dwarf cleric/fighter and the third will be either a ranger or a sorc.

I checked some guides but most of them are dated 2010 and even earlier. I am not sure if they are up to date.
    But I must admit I still couldn't put much time to read all the material
    Oh and we are on Kyber, we just hit lvl2

Cheers
    Sorry, had PC troubles over the holidays and only got them sorted out earlier this week.

Did you get any help yet? If not, be happy to pop in and answer some questions. I would prefer to meet in game so let me know what times work for you.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by weyoun View Post
    Hey Clay. I may be back in March or so after I get done traveling all over creation. Its been a hectic few years. Not looking to play seriously like the old legion days but just in it to look at the new stuff. Hit me up on FB and we can chat and see if you are still around.
    let me know on fb when you will be playing and I would be happy to pop in.

I am kinda taking a break from gaming, but would be happy to catch up.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Pffft. Weak. I mean... Welcome back in March sir!
    weak sauce!
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    weak sauce!
    Yea def!
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Pffft. Weak. I mean... Welcome back in March sir!
    That hurts. That hurts a lot.
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Community Member

Sorry, had PC troubles over the holidays and only got them sorted out earlier this week.

Did you get any help yet? If not, be happy to pop in and answer some questions. I would prefer to meet in game so let me know what times work for you.

Hey there

I did got some advice and tips both in game and on forums, thank you very much

My play time is usually between 7-12 pm , gmt+2.
    I'll try to find you in game to toss up more questions later

Community Member

Default VannaStorm

Completely new to D&D, supportive role as a half-elf female cleric. I welcome the idea of being a supportive role player. I consider myself neutral good.. My goals as a player are to support the team, help search items, heal the party and support the party. Looking forward to playing D&D with good people online. Complete Noob, but I am mature, and won't behave rashly.

Quote Originally Posted by VannaStorm View Post
    Completely new to D&D, supportive role as a half-elf female cleric. I welcome the idea of being a supportive role player. I consider myself neutral good.. My goals as a player are to support the team, help search items, heal the party and support the party. Looking forward to playing D&D with good people online. Complete Noob, but I am mature, and won't behave rashly.
    There are no good people online.

What server did you roll up on? I am partial to Thelanis, as all the best people play there; played there (before they foolishly moved to Khyber), or want to play there.

Are you looking to gain fundamental skills for fast development or looking for like minded people to learn the game together?
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Vendui riluss,

I'm back after being away for more then a year. Pretty much stopped playing MMOs altogether. Then I heard about Neverwinter and gave it a try. Didn't like it at all but it made me miss being here. Now that I'm back. I'd like to find players in my age range (40+) who like to go slow. Been playing MMO's on and off for years and I've never liked to rush trough them. I've never been nor will ever be one of the best players. I couldn't care less about PVP and raiding. I play online games to relax and have fun. Would be nice if I could find a group. That gets together one or two weeknights between 8 and 10pm eastern. Puts on the headphones and has some fun. Moderate PR would be a plus and I have to be the rogue. My favorite class.

Hello I'm a former Argonessen's player, now in Sarlona (Usbing, Valenttina and Adnanref are my Main Toons) coming back to game after have been away for six month. What have changed in the game for monk generalist builds? What gears I would run for? Can the ddo community help me to get confortable with the game again? Thanks all, hope see you in-game

Community Member

Default Lost

I have been out of the game for a little over a year and I don't remember the name of the guild I belong to. If anyone remembers my character please let me know. Thanks

Cleric - Tuon (Tuoun)

Community Member

Hi, I´m new in the online game, although played the old game (P2P, paper and pen) long time ago. I will like play with people that enjoy the game, that take the time for play it, and together have a lot of fun playing. Do you know which guild have a recruitment process opened, for new players and low level characters, for grow together?

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by maopancho View Post
    Hi, I´m new in the online game, although played the old game (P2P, paper and pen) long time ago. I will like play with people that enjoy the game, that take the time for play it, and together have a lot of fun playing. Do you know which guild have a recruitment process opened, for new players and low level characters, for grow together?
    What server have you started on, if any?

Most of the volunteers have their home server(s) that they would be able to help you get going on a bit better.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Community Member

Default Just returned

I was just wandering if anyone from my old guild (Legendary Knights of Mabar) are still around.

Oh I'm on Argo
    Last edited by kshields_81; 09-25-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    Machthree Spitfyre Littlemight Trainee

Community Member

Default Thanks!! Now, many quiestions :D

Hi Braegan, I have toons in Ghallanda (4/1 barbarian / figther) and Thelanis (2/2 fighter / barbarian). I was accepted in guilds in both server, but I have many questions about how function the social interaction in DDO.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by maopancho View Post
    Hi Braegan, I have toons in Ghallanda (4/1 barbarian / figther) and Thelanis (2/2 fighter / barbarian). I was accepted in guilds in both server, but I have many questions about how function the social interaction in DDO.
    Hey,

Happy to hear you found guilds to take you in and get you going. And, sure if you have any questions ask away.
    Git off mah lawn!

Community Member

... it can be overwhelming for someone to log into the game as a new player.
    It's probably less overwhelming for a returning player, but after all those changes and additions in the past 2.5 years that i haven't logged-in, i feel pretty confused... I have questions for many aspects of the game, and sadly some sources of info like the wiki seem a bit outdated.

Ghallanda

Forum name: Sirea Active
    In-Game: Sohryu, Maiah, Zorya, Tabris, Sauza, Egobrain, Rosmerta
    Time: In-game evenings EST, Forums most other times
    Classes: Most comfortable mentoring for: Cleric, Favored Soul, Wizard (Pale Master), Sorcerer, Bard, Ranger (Tempest and Arcane Archer), Monk (Light), Rogue and Paladin
    Comments: Don't be discouraged if you send me a /tell in-game and I don't respond right away, I have a bad habit of going AFK while the game is running, or I could be tabbed out to Firefox and not paying attention
    Sirea is one of the kind persons that helped me in the past. I wonder if she's still around.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Add me to the mentors list please Clay sent you a PM with some information.

Stoner81.

Okay, so I've returned to the game after maybe a year or so. It was sometime between update 14 and update 15. At least one of my characters still has a piece of 6-year old cake (does that still work?).

Now I return to see something about Hall of Heroes and Forgotten Realms, +20 Lesser Hearts of Wood, and something about TR.

What the heck?

Am I supposed to redo my toons to bring them back up to speed? Considering the seeming lack of other players on Sarlona, is the game having us transfer to the Forgotten Realms?

AAAAaaaaaaAAAAHHH!

'Tis a bit frustrating. If I didn't have Turbine Points in the game, I don't think I'd even entertain the notion of playing again.
    Last edited by Heketon; 11-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Heketon View Post
    Okay, so I've returned to the game after maybe a year or so. It was sometime between update 14 and update 15. At least one of my characters still has a piece of 6-year old cake (does that still work?).

Now I return to see something about Hall of Heroes and Forgotten Realms, +20 Lesser Hearts of Wood, and something about TR.

What the heck?

Am I supposed to redo my toons to bring them back up to speed? Considering the seeming lack of other players on Sarlona, is the game having us transfer to the Forgotten Realms?

AAAAaaaaaaAAAAHHH!

'Tis a bit frustrating. If I didn't have Turbine Points in the game, I don't think I'd even entertain the notion of playing again.
    Welcome back to the game!

A good has changed in the last year or so. I recommend going to the ddo wiki and read up on last couple updates.

The LR+20 heart was given to all characters made before the enhancement pass went through to allow you to rebuild your characters with existing changes. It functions just like a Lesser +3/+5 but with ability to swap 20 different levels, same rules about 3 class limit apply. Almost every character would need to do this as the enhancement pass changed alot of things, mostly for the better. To avoid getting overwhelmed I would start with one character at a time after doing some research on the changes in game and in particular changes made to the character class(es) you are currently working on.

Servers are still servers, Forgotten Realms is another area in game like Gianthold, Necro, etc it's not another server.

I know it sounds like alot, but all in all it's still DDO.

Hope that helps you some.
    Git off mah lawn!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast