Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hailia View Post
    Forgive me Clay Im new to Eberron. How do I find out what server im on? sorry.

Will be back at around 3 or 4am MST. Thanks Clay.

Thanks Shal for the updated acronyms and slang terminology.

Hmmm. dont know why im Lawful Good. A Drow Ranger should be Chaotic Good. Doesnt matter much though.
    By server he means what world do you select when you open your client and log on?

There's Argonnessen, Ghallanda, Cannith, Orien, Khyber, Thelanis, and Sarlona.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

I rolled around here before release (tried to get into Beta, but didn't make the cut), when the background of the forums was still white and gray. I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed back then, and the content just didn't seem worth $15 a month.

Now that F2P is here I just recently signed up again and the game might actually get some money out of me. I'm pretty impressed with the way things turned out and might stick around for a while.

Community Member

i just started im a human fighter lvl 3 just wanted to see if anyone could teach me the tricks to the game. really intersested might stick with this game been looking for a while.

serverrien
    ingame: wtifitzmike

Default To Clay

Clay Im on Sarlona, shipwreck cove (shore, hehehe). Though I havent really started yet. Still looking through the forums. lol. And thanks Sirea.
    Last edited by Hailia; 03-10-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ***itsmike View Post
    i just started im a human fighter lvl 3 just wanted to see if anyone could teach me the tricks to the game. really intersested might stick with this game been looking for a while.

server: Orien
    ingame: wtifitzmike
    i am sorry, currently there are no Mentors for Orien. If you make a character on Thelanis I would be more than happy to help out. All my characters are in my signature... add them to your friends list and i will be happy to help you.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    i am sorry, currently there are no Mentors for Orien. If you make a character on Thelanis I would be more than happy to help out. All my characters are in my signature... add them to your friends list and i will be happy to help you.
    Which character do you play the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkan View Post
    Which character do you play the most?
    Azraeil overweight liteweight
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Community Member

sure clay i dont think i mind making a new character i might reroll and try sumething new ill send you a msg when i make it

Community Member

clay post the time i should get on again lol

Community Member

Default stuip game want let me load my sign in site

Then this is the thread for you.

The purpose of this thread is to match up new and returning players with experienced players to shorten the learning curve. DDO is largely based on the rules familiar to those who played PnP yet with many surprises for those knowledgeable in PnP rules, builds and strategies.

The game is also different in its combat style from most MMOs and those coming from a different background might find the controls unwieldy, strategy confusing and "twitch" style unfamiliar.

DDO also offers an incredible variety in classes and build make-up. You can have a party of 12 barbarians and each one be completely different.

While these are all things that I love about the game the fact is it can be overwhelming for someone to log into the game as a new player. There is a lot to take in and absorb, and at the same time, when joining a group, the other party members often have certain "class expectations" when you join a party.

I can understand the shyness about asking for help but really there are many wonderfully skilled and helpful people in the game. Even people who come across as gruff on these boards are often more than happy to lend a hand to someone new to the game. See, were were all new once. And like you, we started with nothing, knowing nothing. The biggest difference is that we grew with the game, and as it evolved, so did we. The other, most important factor: we enjoy the game. That is why we are happy to take the time to answer questions, demonstrate techniques and go over build ideas. We learned the hard way, there is no reason why you should!

This thread is a continuation of work started by Mythe, a player originally from Riedra. The banner was subsequently picked up by Levonestral. Due to RL he is no longer able to maintain the thread.

your game is great when i can get in and i will be taking u up on the experince. haveing major problems loading sent support files so maybe they can figure it out thanks for any help in the futur u can give . onesloopy hunk

Quote Originally Posted by sirsleepy View Post
    your game is great when i can get in and i will be taking u up on the experince. haveing major problems loading sent support files so maybe they can figure it out thanks for any help in the futur u can give . onesloopy hunk
    I can help you once you get in game. I am NOT a technical adviser, sorry. Good Luck getting your problems resolved.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Community Member

hey clay i made my pally its name is Zeare

Default Pictures?

Ive noticed that some of you have a picture beside your name when you post replies. I have a picture in my profile but it doesnt show when I post. Any suggestions?

Its a check box somewhere... display avatar............(see below).................Thanks Clay. lol
    Last edited by Hailia; 03-11-2010 at 05:20 AM. Reason: conserve space

Quote Originally Posted by Hailia View Post
    Ive noticed that some of you have a picture beside your name when you post replies. I have a picture in my profile but it doesnt show when I post. Any suggestions?
    Its a check box somewhere... display avatar
    Khyber
    Thelanis

hey clay i made my pally its name is Zeare
    ok. will be on next your thursday night. well, i will be on before that... just not at a time convenient to you.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Community Member

lol kinda difficult when we are the other sides of the world. dam if only it was flat maybe it would have been easyer

Default Looking for direction

Then this is the thread for you.

The purpose of this thread is to match up new and returning players with experienced players to shorten the learning curve. DDO is largely based on the rules familiar to those who played PnP yet with many surprises for those knowledgeable in PnP rules, builds and strategies.
    Hello, I have a lvl 8 Monk and a lvl 13 Sorceror on Thelanis. My issue is gear and bank roll. I am a casual player who is just returning from over a year away from DDO. Needless to say, I was VERY shocked to see the ridiculous prices for gear at the AH. I don't log enough time to farm quests over and over again, so when I play, I play for fun (not necessarily loot/gear)! Sadly, as a result, I am unable to 'twink' out my characters with the best equipment..

What I'm hoping you can help with by recommending certain quests (for my current lvl) that perhaps I could run that are a little more profitable then others? I need to develop a decent bankroll/stash of decent gear. Or perhaps you could recommend a good, helpful guild that doesn't mind running with less experienced players? I'd like to get into a guild that shares gear and passes it on to other players who could use it etc.

Anyway, I am on mostly with my monk who is named Deaths Arm in the evenings (anywhere from 5pm to 11pm Eastern time - always on Thursday nights). Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Firecloud - lvl 20 Sorceror / Johnnywayne - lvl 20 Paladin / Deathsarm - lvl 13 Monk / Reddblade - lvl 15 Favored Soul

I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do, isn't very nice..

Quote Originally Posted by Firecloud View Post
    Hello, ~snip~ I am unable to 'twink' out my characters with the best equipment..

What I'm hoping you can help with by recommending certain quests (for my current lvl) that perhaps I could run that are a little more profitable then others? ~snip~ Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Whew! I thought for a moment you were going to ask for handouts. I would be happy to show you how to make money. you are at a level where GH is easy, Vale is easy as is orchard.

Lots of Plat to be made there.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Default haha

Whew! I thought for a moment you were going to ask for handouts. I would be happy to show you how to make money. you are at a level where GH is easy, Vale is easy as is orchard.

Lots of Plat to be made there.
    no, no. I dont want handouts. lol I just cant seem to pull anything I need out of chests or end rewards! I've heard about GH but don't have much experience there. I've run the orchard/vale a couple times. It's fun as long as the leader of the group knows what he is doing!!

Can you recommend a friendly guild that is more about having fun then being elite? I'd sure be interested in joining. thanks

btw, my monks name is Deathsarm (not Deaths Arm).
    Firecloud - lvl 20 Sorceror / Johnnywayne - lvl 20 Paladin / Deathsarm - lvl 13 Monk / Reddblade - lvl 15 Favored Soul

I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do, isn't very nice..

lol kinda difficult when we are the other sides of the world. dam if only it was flat maybe it would have been easyer
    I will be online a lot this weekend. Please post what times you will be on and i will try to match them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecloud View Post
    no, no. I dont want handouts. lol I just cant seem to pull anything I need out of chests or end rewards! I've heard about GH but don't have much experience there. I've run the orchard/vale a couple times. It's fun as long as the leader of the group knows what he is doing!!

Can you recommend a friendly guild that is more about having fun then being elite? I'd sure be interested in joining. thanks

btw, my monks name is Deathsarm (not Deaths Arm).
    Firecloud, I would be happy to meet with you in game, show you some very easy loot runs and after getting a feel for you recommend you to some friend's guilds. Gotta meet you first tho.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast