Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Post Ghallanda Mentor

Server:Ghallanda
    Characters:Triaja, Hailbop, Wildwest, Draisen, Mumbling, Crimsonata
    ForumID:Stormdum
    Playtime:4pm-11am CST

Send a tell to Triaja if you need in-game help right away. I am also available 1on1 for discussion reguarding reincarnation, build and leveling if needed.
    . ~ H A I L B O P . T R I A J A . D R A I S E N ~ .
    . ~ K h y b e r ~ .

Sarlona.

Forum name: Elixxer
    In-Game: Elixerr / Exiile
    Class: Rangers
    Online Time: Random, just try to find me.
    Comments: Since I started playing DDO I always played the ranger class, from tempest to Arcane Archer
    I am more tempest focused at this time but I have a lot a experience with rangers overall. From splashes to pure ranger if you got a question just ask. I should be able to find anything you need somewhere even if I don't already know. Broccoli.

Hi there everybody,

Passed by to say that i actually like to help newbies and offer some advices and suggestions. After i noticed that no one is applying for Orien i thought i could be of use.

If someone needs assistance look for Phemt in Orien, i will be glad to help if possible.

Server:Orien
    Characters:Phemt
    ForumID:Phemt81
    Playtime:vary
    Last edited by Phemt81; 01-05-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

This service is still being offered by veteran players who have volunteered to give 1:1 time to help new people.

Even though it is under utilized, the results are high. Several players can attest to that: Pandalet, Ttip among many others have taken me up on my offer of assistance and seem to be enjoying the game, Pandalet even gained access to an end game guild quite quickly.

Don't be shy. Even if Turbine doesn't value our commitment to helping the community, we are here to help. You will enjoy the game more, if you don't have to make all the stumbles and rerolls that each of us vets already made.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Community Member

Bump for this service. Clay is an excelent teacher. Thorough and patient. He will make sure that you get the info you need to be a competent player in Stormreach. He has helped me immensely and I can't thank him enough. 2 Thumbs up.

i think its a great thing that someone is doing this, and when i get so i know all the inns and outs of the game i would like to help those who dont already know myself. as of right now im a lowly level 6 wf barb who has almost no clue what he is doing, im not exactly new to role playing games and i have been playing mmo's for like 6 years (starting like most people did on runescape) but i would like some help getting used to all the complicated things about ddo, so if any of you mentor people have some free time and feel like helping a semi-noob out hit me up on kyber my barbs name is sieler (pronounced sylar like the badguy from heroes, because being bad is just more fun lol) down to party any time with anyone anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by invrstprkin View Post
    i think its a great thing that someone is doing this, and when i get so i know all the inns and outs of the game i would like to help those who dont already know myself. as of right now im a lowly level 6 wf barb who has almost no clue what he is doing, im not exactly new to role playing games and i have been playing mmo's for like 6 years (starting like most people did on runescape) but i would like some help getting used to all the complicated things about ddo, so if any of you mentor people have some free time and feel like helping a semi-noob out hit me up on kyber my barbs name is sieler (pronounced sylar like the badguy from heroes, because being bad is just more fun lol) down to party any time with anyone anywhere
    There are a number of kind experienced Vets on Khyber more than willing to lend a hand.
    Check the second post, choose a Mentor that sound/looks cool and send them a PM.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Post Just looking around?

I'm very new to DDO (just started this week) and am looking for either beginners or intermediate players to get a feel for the game. I'm not very skills and am still getting the hang of the camera controls, but I tend to pick stuff up quickly and don't mind getting yelled at. not new to the mmorpg scene, but new to ddo in general.

I'm on the Argonnessen server-- level one Ranger named Saeotie. You may have seen me running around and bumping into NPCs trying to get their attention.

~Any takers, I'll be on Friday apx 4-6 pm est or perhaps later in the evenings this weekend.

cheers.

Since you just started, move to Thelanis and look for the Mentor Program guild or anyone from Legion that can direct you to Clay. His style of mentoring is straight out of Xoriat. He will belittle your efforts, lead you into traps, laugh when they go off in your face, tell you just how bad you really are at jumping, running, sneaking, etc....and then tell you how it should have been done, maybe even show you, and then mail you some nice boots or weapons that could have helped you so you can do it right the next time.

The Mentor Program works and I am surprised that more people do not take these Vets up on their offer.

(humor in a PUG) from the disembodied voice of the soul stone of a Horc Barbarian 2 levels higher than me that I just picked up to take to the shrine "You just triggered the mobs and closed the doors on me with the rest of the party outside, I expected better from someone in a guild called Mentor Program!" My response, "I'm the Mentee, and I survived the fight, what's your excuse?"

Cool thanks. I've been thinking about moving to Thelanis because that seems to be where most of the action is (from what I've heard at least).

Legion is the guild I'm assuming.

"He will belittle your efforts, lead you into traps, laugh when they go off in your face, tell you just how bad you really are at jumping, running, sneaking, etc...."
    Sounds like my kind of learning.

Thanks a bunch.
    ~} Saoetie Sonbard; Elf Ranger; Argonnessen {~ ~} Syphair D'arsbard; Elf Rogue/Ranger; Argonnessen {~ ~} Ariksander Sonbard; Elf Paladin; Thelanis {~

you know you play too much ddo when...
    Quote Originally Posted by wisdomstorment View Post
    ...You go to work thinking "I'm just gonna run this on Casual today..."

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to match up new and returning players with experienced players to shorten the learning curve. DDO is largely based on the rules familiar to those who played PnP yet with many surprises for those knowledgeable in PnP rules, builds and strategies.

This thread is a continuation of work started by Mythe, a player originally from Riedra. The banner was subsequently picked up by Levonestral. Due to RL he is no longer able to maintain the thread.
    Wow it is so great to see that someone has continued to organize help for new players while I have been gone from this game. When I saw this thread my face must have had quite the smile . BTW this is Mythe (my main account) I've decided to play DDO again for a bit anyways.

It seems this time I am in need of help. I am apparently a "Recently returned after an absence" type person at the moment.

I posted in a new thread looking for information. HERE I'm also considering starting off on a new Server for a bit. No one I used to travel with in game plays anymore on Khyber so I guess I have a chance to explore the worlds a bit. I have the name Mythe/Talish reserved on all servers so if anyone sees me around say hi. So anyways any suggestions on which server? what's the flavor of each server nowadays?

A lot has changed in the years I've been gone. Hopefully I'll get up to speed and then you will be able to re-add Mythe to this list once again as a helper. For now I need a helper from any world to get me back up to speed.

Any volunteers? I can play basically anytime of day or night as long as it's a regular thing.

Thanks in advance
    Mythe
    Mythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Play what you want to play, and play it well.

Mythe, welcome home. Sorry I cannot assist you in finding a server. My main is now Thelanis, but I have alts on all servers and have found great people willing to help on all of them. I still prefer Orein and Thelanis...but that has more to do with particular alts/builds I have there than the company. (My best mentors on each of those servers have little online time in common with me.)

However, some of the best PUGs I have ran with lately have been on Thelanis with members of Two Dwarfs, Monty Python...., and Legion in attendance. Great people from all 3 guilds! Never kept waiting for a quest by any of these Guys and Gals while they ran for 'ship buffs', leveling, buying and selling, etc...when they join a PUG they are ready to roll.

Look me up on any of my alts... listed below. Will most likely find me on Azraeil tho, atm.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Look me up on any of my alts... listed below. Will most likely find me on Azraeil tho, atm.
    Thank you. I will head to Thelanis later then and sort through my characters and add you to my friends list. Please add Mythe and Talish as those are the names I will be using. After I sort things out it seems I need to relearn the controls a bit. I'm apparently really rusty.

I'll be around sporadically today getting things organized and remapping my controls etc. but will start actively looking for you tomorrow.

Thank you again
    Mythe
    Mythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Play what you want to play, and play it well.

Community Member

Talking Returning to DDO

I have a Ranger (Archer) on Thelanis that I would love some help on. I also think I have a Rogue, but I can scrap that and start a new character. I would love to do a wizard, maybe a pale master or something like that. Hit me up if you have any advice or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Forum name: pelaaja
    Server: Argonnessen
    In-Game: Gulda, Grisdalli, Feenex Le Petit, Bladina, Elliie and one favor farming guy ( Hjutre ATM )
    Time: I'm on usually 5-7 PM (GMT +3) and 10 PM-12 AM (GMT+3). Though these may vary as i have Ice hockey games to watch and players to help in other game
    Classes: Cleric, Favored Soul, Phoenix (Paladin/Monk/Fighter), Monk, Sorcerer, Ranger. Though i have played with all classes pretty much except Wizard
    Comments: I will gladly help new players. That's why i created my guild for it - with not so good success. Anyways, hit me up here or in-game, and i shall help.

Quote Originally Posted by dcorrons View Post
    I have a Ranger (Archer) on Thelanis that I would love some help on. I also think I have a Rogue, but I can scrap that and start a new character. I would love to do a wizard, maybe a pale master or something like that. Hit me up if you have any advice or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
    Please list your names so I can friend them.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Forum name: pelaaja
    Server: Argonnessen
    In-Game: Gulda, Grisdalli, Feenex Le Petit, Bladina, Elliie and one favor farming guy ( Hjutre ATM )
    Time: I'm on usually 5-7 PM (GMT +3) and 10 PM-12 AM (GMT+3). Though these may vary as i have Ice hockey games to watch and players to help in other game
    Classes: Cleric, Favored Soul, Phoenix (Paladin/Monk/Fighter), Monk, Sorcerer, Ranger. Though i have played with all classes pretty much except Wizard
    Comments: I will gladly help new players. That's why i created my guild for it - with not so good success. Anyways, hit me up here or in-game, and i shall help.
    Thank you. Added to Mentor list.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Smile Hi!

Hi, complete newb to DDO, MMORPGs and if I am honest, computer games in general (I've apparently been living under a rock for the last 30 years!). Anyway, I've been playing for the last month or so, currently running two characters, a level 6 cleric/1 rogue and 1 rogue/3 cleric (As soon as I can get a lesser heart of wood +1, I'm taking rogue out of my higher level cleric build).

Anyway, I have no idea about stats, action points or feats, I just go into a dungeon and have fun smashing things. I am sure I will learn as I go along.

Hope to make a few friends along the way. Sorry for the long winded post.

I'd like to update my info as such, thanks

Forum name: Sirea
    In-Game: Ghallanda: Sohryu, Maiah, Zorya, Tabris, Sauza, Egobrain, Rosmerta (rest are listed at myDDO)
    Time: In-game evenings EST, Forums most other times
    Classes: Most comfortable mentoring for: Cleric, Favored Soul, Wizard (Pale Master), Sorcerer, Bard, Ranger (Tempest and Arcane Archer), Monk (Light), Rogue and Paladin
    Comments: Don't be discouraged if you send me a /tell in-game and I don't respond right away, I have a bad habit of going AFK while the game is running, or I could be tabbed out to Firefox and not paying attention
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast