Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Community Member

I'm new at this game and i like to know in which server would be best for a newby
    Im from portugal so my time zone is +0
    And sorry if this post should be here :P
    Last edited by GohanMF; 02-24-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Sure why not.

Forum name: Sirea
    In-Game: Ghallanda: Sohryu, Maiah, Zorya, Tabris, Sauza
    Time: Pretty much anytime, if you don't see me in-game I'm probably forum trolling, so send me a PM
    Classes: I've played most of them, but I most often play casters (divine and arcane), a Tempest ranger, and a Light Path monk
    Comments: Don't be discouraged if you send me a /tell in-game and I don't respond right away, I have a bad habit of going AFK to do chores or make dinner while the game is running, or, once again, I could be tabbed out to the forums and not paying attention
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Community Member

Default I'm new, well to DDO anyway :)

Firstly Thanks for the post Clay, these boards from what I have seen of them so far, are very good with loads of useful info provided by people.

My reason for posting here though is the fact I created two chars on Argonnessen but there are no contact details for this server. Is there anyone that could help or would I do better moving servers ?
    Any tips/pointers greatly appreciated.

Draximius

Default What about Orien?

Meh, I picked the new server.

Meh, the only one without available mentors...

Gotta live with your choices eh!

make characters on Thelanis and i will be happy to help you out.
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Community Member

Thank you very much Clay.

please make a mention of your character(s) name(s) so I can keep an eye out for you.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

I"m on a lot with free time, sign me up

Forum name: valorik
    In-Game: Arannel, Cocobolo, Lorithin, Aqueous, Olrick, Brunhellan, Loaken
    Time: Various times, normally on in the morning and early evenings, often on late night as well
    Classes: Mostly healers, but I play everything
    Comments: Feel free to contact me via the forums, or in game, I browse the forums at work, so expect a quick answer at most times of the day.

On ghallanda btw.
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

I used to play on Sarlona back before F2P was released and am quite disappointed with how the server is nowadays and would like to know if Thelanis is really worth rerolling on?

Most definitely.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Community Member

I assume it's a very popular server as the first time I tried to log on to it I couldn't because it was full!

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Most definitely.
    All right. What classes are most needed on Thelanis? I mostly enjoy either tanking,healing or being a trapmonkey or some kind of support class.

Community Member

Can someone help me get off Korthos? For some reason it will not let me do some of the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkan View Post
    All right. What classes are most needed on Thelanis? I mostly enjoy either tanking,healing or being a trapmonkey or some kind of support class.
    play what interests you. If you are newish to the game, experiment. It seems that what you enjoy covers just about everything so ... make everything. I really do recommend achieving VETERAN status quickly with your first character, which is not hard, but it is easier to do with a meaty character than can take a hit and dish some out. Lower levels that works well with a ranger, paladin, FvS/clr built with a little melee in mind. Fighter crossed with any of those works well too. Or light path monk. You want to be able to self heal. The monk presents other challenges as there are a lot of things going on with that class and I would recommend holding off a little with that one.

Don't neglect con when creating your character, starting it off at least at 14, and don't make a finesse character yet. Just stay simple.

The most fun I have had a low levels was with my FvS:
    Str14,Dex8,Con14,Int10,Wis16,Cha12. level ups into Wis.
    Skills: Concentration, Jump Balance.
    Feats: 1:Toughness, Extend, Favored of the Silver Flame. 3: Maximize 5: fire 6: Empower 9: Empower Healing or Heighten
    Spells: 1: Divine Favor, Cure Light. 2:Bless 3.shield of faith 4: soundburst 5: resist energy 6: searing light 7: hold person cure serious 8: Holy Smite 9: deific vengeance, bestow curse, divine power
    Enchancements: max out the light damage line, including the crit multipliers and then just take the life magic line... not the crit effects for healing.

This will definitely take you to 1000 favor, and you will have a lot of fun in the process. At level 8 Max/Emp Holy Smites ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Elven_Ranger View Post
    Can someone help me get off Korthos? For some reason it will not let me do some of the quests.
    It would help to be a little more specific: character name, class, quest name etc.
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Sadly i don't have a FvS unlocked yet.I am a VIP it's just i never really got attracted to the class

Quote Originally Posted by Elven_Ranger View Post
    This is best asked in a separate thread so as not to detract from the purpose of the thread, or by finding one of the mentors mentioned here in-game.

That said: There is an NPC on the dock with a green compass rose over his head. I seem to recall the compass rose is a bit difficult to see for some reason. Talk to him and he can send you to the Stormreach Harbor whether or not you've finished Korthos.

The quests in Korthos have a bit of an order to them. My guess is that you're stuck at the part where you need to do the quest inside the Inn. You'll need to do that before the explorer area's quests unlock. Go into the inn. Talk to the male bartender (not the female one.) Do his quest and the rest of the Korthos quests should unlock.
    Meh

Default Looking for a mentor

I read a lot on forums in order to roll and plan decent characters that I wont have to reroll halfway.

However, help from vets is always handy... here is my details :

Forum name : Kawabonga
    Server : Orien
    Ingame alts : Tryxol (ranger) & Zyon (wizard)
    Classes preferred : Ranger-roguesplash & Wizard-roguesplash
    Timezone : GMT-5 (I play a bit on evenings and mostly on weekends)

Add, tell or pm me if you are a potential mentor.

Cheers!

Wink Home Again

Its good to be home (the d&d world). Been playing a few rpg's at kongregate. Though this is my first time here at DDO im not new to D&D. Been playing since 1985. And im well versed with Faurun. I just started DDO and im on the Korthos island. I think that is how you spell it, correct me if im wrong. Anyway im loving this already. Interesting that Im a Drow Arcane Archer. Unique. Ill read the new messages and begin my learner here at Eberron. Thanks for a great game. I will be here for awhile. Any advice? Any questions about Faurun just let me know. Im a female Drow Arcane Archer, Hialia Amanodel. Anyone know what "Amanodel" means in the Elven language? take care see ya around.
    Last edited by Hailia; 03-04-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hailia View Post
    Its good to be home (the d&d world). Been playing a few rpg's at kongregate. Though this is my first time here at DDO im not new to D&D. Been playing since 1985. And im well versed with Faurun. I just started DDO and im on the Korthos island. I think that is how you spell it, correct me if im wrong. Anyway im loving this already. Interesting that Im a Drow Arcane Archer. Unique. Ill read the new messages and begin my learner here at Eberron. Thanks for a great game. I will be here for awhile. Any advice? Any questions about Faurun just let me know. Im a female Drow Arcane Archer, Hialia Amanodel. Anyone know what "Amanodel" means in the Elven language? take care see ya around.
    what server are you on?
    Khyber
    Thelanis

Default Server?

Forgive me Clay Im new to Eberron. How do I find out what server im on? sorry.

Will be back at around 3 or 4am MST. Thanks Clay.

Thanks Shal for the updated acronyms and slang terminology.

Hmmm. dont know why im Lawful Good. A Drow Ranger should be Chaotic Good. Doesnt matter much though.

Got it figured out. Forgot to select alignment at character creation.
    Last edited by Hailia; 03-05-2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: conserve space

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast