Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake Havasu City Arizona
    Posts
    1,910

    Default What's the better harry beater?

    Min2 or holy silver greater evil outsider bane.

  2. #2
    Community Member ryingar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    665

    Default

    I'm not running the numbers right now, but i have checked this out in the past... and i believe its the holy silver of GTR evil outsider bane.

  3. #3
    Community Member tc12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Ya, some quick back of the envelope numbers suggest even a +1 holy silver greater bane does about the same on crits, but definately more on the regular hits. Only gets better if it's greater than a +1.

    TC

  4. #4
    Community Member woundead85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    If you want the numbers, MinII gives you double crit range, and of course a higher grade of a hit die - depends on your weapon.
    Silver of Gtr Harry Bane. Greater Bane makes weapon +4 better than the start bonus (+4 damage before multipliers too) and deals additional 4d6 on every hit. This one is best for Harry, hands down. And you'll need it to be Holy too, to fully override his DR.
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio - 05.16.2010 Rock After Death \m/
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth_of_Sarlona View Post
    People don't come onto the forums and moan and complain when their characters are overpowered due to a bug.

  5. #5
    Community Member Goldeneye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    If you have a holy silver greater evil outsider bane, USE IT!!
    You will save the larges that it would cost to make a Min II, and it is always trade able if you want to use it on another character or sell it.
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances

  6. #6
    Community Member NXPlasmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,387

    Default

    oh that holy silver GEOB weapon is total junk, but since we're friends I'll take it off your hands as a favor to you....
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

  7. #7
    Hero uhgungawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    I can see Russ.. I mean Turbine HQ from my front porch
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Personally I prefer using a rabid halfling on a stick
    ........................................... I <3 22/7
    Sassy, Babbette, Migette, Snip, Phatass, Bimbette, Sassette, Wentch, Duelingbanjo, Jaillbait, Sticki *WARNING* ALL PM'S ARE OPEN TO POSTING *WARNING*
    When asking for buffs, always ask for the Axer Package

  8. #8
    Community Member Happosaai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhgungawa View Post
    Personally I prefer using a rabid halfling on a stick
    This deserves a picture of the goblins attacking Ludo in the movie Labrynth, but I can't find a closeup of the weapons... little big tooth creatures on the end of a stick...
    Fullmental Lobotomy: Warforged 2Rog/18Wiz Catharxis: Drow 10Ranger/2Rog | Knobstomper: Dwarf 4Bard/2Rog/2Ftr
    Meatjob: Warforged 5 FvS | Tronjeremy: HOrc 4 Monk

  9. #9
    Community Member grodon9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NJ/Ghallanda
    Posts
    9,752

    Default

    Not sure how to crunch the numbers on this and I haven't run a Shroud since we started getting 20% XP for running up my lowbies . . .

    Ranger 20 Arcane archer - Min II Rapiers aren't finished yet but I do have two Metaline/PG that I bought to use until they are. A friend of my lent (definitely a loan, no way I'm able to keep) a Holy of GEOB long bow.

    With the 500 damage on a 20 from a slayer arrow and all the other bonuses (using house D Silver arrows of course) am I better off just shooting the bow the entire time or only using it while manyshot is up?

    I of course will be standing right in his face shooting so as not to kite.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woundead85 View Post
    If you want the numbers, MinII gives you double crit range, and of course a higher grade of a hit die - depends on your weapon.
    Silver of Gtr Harry Bane. Greater Bane makes weapon +4 better than the start bonus (+4 damage before multipliers too) and deals additional 4d6 on every hit. This one is best for Harry, hands down. And you'll need it to be Holy too, to fully override his DR.
    I think you mean 3d6.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

  11. #11
    Community Member Goldeneye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    With the 500 damage on a 20 from a slayer arrow and all the other bonuses (using house D Silver arrows of course) am I better off just shooting the bow the entire time or only using it while manyshot is up?
    My advice: use the bow for Manyshot, then run in to do damage until the timer is up.
    Considering your weapons I don't know what would do more damage while your manyshot cooldown is going.

    However, remember: mass heals are on the big guys, so watch your heal if you are running around.
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances

  12. #12
    Community Member grodon9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NJ/Ghallanda
    Posts
    9,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post

    However, remember: mass heals are on the big guys, so watch your heal if you are running around.
    Yup, which is why you stand in his face and shoot point-blank. I'll try it out tonight/tomorrow.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lake Havasu City Arizona
    Posts
    1,910

    Default Nx

    Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    oh that holy silver GEOB weapon is total junk, but since we're friends I'll take it off your hands as a favor to you....
    Go wait by the mail box. See if it gets there. LOL

  14. #14
    Community Member NXPlasmid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Go wait by the mail box. See if it gets there. LOL
    Heading over there now!
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

  15. #15
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    The afterlifeguild.org calc is still useful for comparion weapons between the same character/weapon styles.. Just don't try to use it to compare different styles/characters, it won't be accurate at all.

    For this comparion:
    Click here

    This uses 60 strength, both Greataxes.. Fighting Arraetrikos on hard or elite (so 0 acid damage) and a Holy/acidburst/blast min2 greataxe vs +1 holy silver greataxe of GEOB.

  16. #16
    Community Member Trunk-Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The afterlifeguild.org calc is still useful for comparion weapons between the same character/weapon styles.. Just don't try to use it to compare different styles/characters, it won't be accurate at all.

    For this comparion:
    Click here

    This uses 60 strength, both Greataxes.. Fighting Arraetrikos on hard or elite (so 0 acid damage) and a Holy/acidburst/blast min2 greataxe vs +1 holy silver greataxe of GEOB.
    Looks like this calculation is based on a +5 Holy Silver GA of GEOB.... but i could be reading it incorrectly.
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

  17. #17
    Founder Kindoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happosaai View Post
    This deserves a picture of the goblins attacking Ludo in the movie Labrynth, but I can't find a closeup of the weapons... little big tooth creatures on the end of a stick...
    Like this?

    Last edited by Kindoki; 02-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.

  18. #18
    Community Member Emili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Meath co. Ireland
    Posts
    9,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trunk-Monkey View Post
    Looks like this calculation is based on a +5 Holy Silver GA of GEOB.... but i could be reading it incorrectly.
    No he had to imput the greater bane properties separately... a +1 Greater bane is a +5 weapon against the foe of the bane. - thus he entered +5 weapon bonus. Holy is 2d6 and GB is 3d6 so should be = 5d6 on Primary Damage, extra: I think though?
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

  19. #19
    Community Member Trunk-Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

    No he had to imput the greater bane properties separately... a +1 Greater bane is a +5 weapon against the foe of the bane. - thus he entered +5 weapon bonus. Holy is 2d6 and GB is 3d6 so should be = 5d6 on Primary Damage, extra: I think though?
    Ah, thats right. Thanks for the clarification
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

  20. #20
    Hatchery Hero Dark_Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Min2 or holy silver greater evil outsider bane.
    The subject lead me to ask if you are right handed or left handed.


    But, I would think the Holy of Silver GEOB is better on the equivalent weapon.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload