Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Epic Fail is going Epic

Hi all!

Epic Fail is pleased to announce the formation of a sub guild within the Epic Fail umbrella geared towards elite raiding and Epic Content. This guild will be made up of current Epic Fail members and guild allies with common purpose, attitude and vision. This is a guild designed for people who want the challenge of the hardest content the server has to offer and want to put in the time, effort and resources required for this playstyle.

Current raiding within Epic Fail will contune as ussual.

The Guild will be called Epic.

This guild will function differently than many people are used to. Some examples include:

Players will be expected to contribute plat and pots on a regular basis to help fund the effort.

Loot will not be rolled on by classes that can kinda use it. Loot will be assigned to the most logical person, and rolls will only be used in cases where 2 or more people are of equal need.

We will not be filling our raids with puggers. Raids will contain current and prospective members. Any empty spots may be filled with current Epic Fail members.

The guild is exclusive and not easy to gain membership in. However, if at first you don't succeed, try try again. If you are not accepted into the guild innitially, a reason will be given. If you are able to find a way to improve or correct the issue, we will take a second look.

Membership to the guild will require the unanimous agreement of a 5 person ruling body. This body is made up of Bril/Vixa, Cruven, Shaerza/Weasal, Trulath and Sparticus/Titanticus.

If there are any questions, please direct them to one of the above players.

If you think you are a good fit for this guild, please contact Sparticus via in-game mail to make application for the guild.

Thanks

Sparticus

Assigning gear? Really? Lern2dkp.

Seriously though, good luck going hardcore. I hope you guys manage to keep having fun. Good luck!

Please god no more DKP.

Hi officers of Epic and Epic Fail,

I run a highly efficent halfling favored soul lvl 18 named Iliona, and I recently used lesser reincarnation which maintained my listing of friends but wiped clean my notes on the players themselves.

So I decided to keep a notebook with notes jotted down about characters that I game with.

As I do party with Epic Fail guild member often enough, I have a few questions that I hope you will be kind enough to answer. I shall start my notebook here hoping you will answer:

1) Is there any particular reason for the name "Epic Fail"? Any story or point of interest that we should know. {I have asked several guild members this question without an answer.}

2) Is there any particular meaning for the phrase "Non Epic Fail"? Any inside joke or abreviation we should know? {My current assumption of the phrase is thus "You have made a mistake that we members of Epic Fail would never make." Used in certain circumstances this could be taken as insulting.}

3) Is it not traditional to say "Thanks for the heals" {tyfths} at least once to a specialized healer during a series of quests regardless of whether that healer is a member of your guild or not? A certain portion of your guild members do not bother to type a simple "ty for heals". It happens often enough that perhaps an officer should speak to the group as a whole about this matter.

4) Should I have cause to praise or complain about members of these two guilds, Epic Fail and Epic, who should I contact? {Healers spend about 3/4 of their time tracking other party member's health, status, location, and activity therefore they have a very good handle on what other players are like, but a very poor understanding of a dungeon's layout.}

5) What does the word "Pug" stand for? {I assume it means random unknown players?}

6) Iliona usually passes on rolling for any items, so from my point of view letting the best choice for the item is not a problematic philosophy.

7) What does the phrase DKP mean? {Yes, I am asking a lot of question, but that is how we learn easily. I am halfway between college and retirement, not a teenager. I did discover a powerful healing build that is not posted on the boards, and how to obtain starter eternal wands with a veteran character.}

8) Are you expecting a highly effeciant healer to donate pots and plat when they buy ddo sp pots for their character already? It is usually tradition to give a healer gifts to help them out, but I have a build that usually does not require sp pots at all except in extreme prolonged dangers.

9) How patient will this new elite Epic guild be? As Iliona grows towards level 20, she will obtain cure light wounds at will which will amplified by many large bonuses. This means that if players want to wait to be healed before charging to the next battle, they could be healed for free. Or will they do like a certain amount of gamers, who will not pause for a second or two after a battle to allow me time to target everyone to heal up injuries. {Perhaps monks and fighters prefer to race to the next battle while the ki and action points are still running?}

10) Who are your "guild allies" that you mention in the first post? Does that include Iliona who unselfishly heals your guild members without needing any resources from them?

11) Do you intend to help healers follow you with a bit of patience, realizing that the more efficent a healer is, the more difficulty they have getting lost simply by the nature of their role?

12) I assume that you do not want members of this guild to use Greater Reincarnate, is that correct? {As a healer, I sense a certain amount of players wanting me to stay high level and be flagged for all the raids.}

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post

1) Is there any particular reason for the name "Epic Fail"? Any story or point of interest that we should know. {I have asked several guild members this question without an answer.}

2) Is there any particular meaning for the phrase "Non Epic Fail"? Any inside joke or abreviation we should know? {My current assumption of the phrase is thus "You have made a mistake that we members of Epic Fail would never make." Used in certain circumstances this could be taken as insulting.}

3) Is it not traditional to say "Thanks for the heals" {tyfths} at least once to a specialized healer during a series of quests regardless of whether that healer is a member of your guild or not? A certain portion of your guild members do not bother to type a simple "ty for heals". It happens often enough that perhaps an officer should speak to the group as a whole about this matter.

4) Should I have cause to praise or complain about members of these two guilds, Epic Fail and Epic, who should I contact? {Healers spend about 3/4 of their time tracking other party member's health, status, location, and activity therefore they have a very good handle on what other players are like, but a very poor understanding of a dungeon's layout.}

5) What does the word "Pug" stand for? {I assume it means random unknown players?}

6) Iliona usually passes on rolling for any items, so from my point of view letting the best choice for the item is not a problematic philosophy.

7) What does the phrase DKP mean? {Yes, I am asking a lot of question, but that is how we learn easily. I am halfway between college and retirement, not a teenager. I did discover a powerful healing build that is not posted on the boards, and how to obtain starter eternal wands with a veteran character.}

8) Are you expecting a highly effeciant healer to donate pots and plat when they buy ddo sp pots for their character already? It is usually tradition to give a healer gifts to help them out, but I have a build that usually does not require sp pots at all except in extreme prolonged dangers.

9) How patient will this new elite Epic guild be? As Iliona grows towards level 20, she will obtain cure light wounds at will which will amplified by many large bonuses. This means that if players want to wait to be healed before charging to the next battle, they could be healed for free. Or will they do like a certain amount of gamers, who will not pause for a second or two after a battle to allow me time to target everyone to heal up injuries. {Perhaps monks and fighters prefer to race to the next battle while the ki and action points are still running?}

10) Who are your "guild allies" that you mention in the first post? Does that include Iliona who unselfishly heals your guild members without needing any resources from them?

11) Do you intend to help healers follow you with a bit of patience, realizing that the more efficent a healer is, the more difficulty they have getting lost simply by the nature of their role?

12) I assume that you do not want members of this guild to use Greater Reincarnate, is that correct? {As a healer, I sense a certain amount of players wanting me to stay high level and be flagged for all the raids.}
    1) Soul Probably thought it would be a funny guild name. He has, what some would say, an odd sense of humor.

2) This one confused me.

3) I don't know about thanking for standard heals. If a healer is exceptional I always compliment them on it.

4) In Epic Fail, Tossing is the guild ethics officer. Otherwise any other officer will take your complaint/praise and try to constructively pass it on.

5) Pick-up Group. Grabbing people that you generally do not know.

6) We agree.

7) Dragon Killing Points. Started in Everquest by raiding guilds as a way to award items to guild members. Basically Boss A gives X points. Loot B is worth X points. You earn them by attending raids and spend them by picking up items. It's a good system in the right game, I don't feel DDO is that game though.

8) If you have your own then I don't think we would expect you to buy more. Generally the donations are FOR the healers to get what they need to help everyone complete the quest.

9) Efficiency is #1 in Epic content. I would expect anyone in an Epic quest to be ready between pulls before initiating the next, rushing = wipes.

10) Guild allies refers to those people who routinely run raids with us who are not a part of Epic Fail but show exemplary skills and attitude.

11) As you become a more efficient player following should not be a problem. There are a few tricks that allow you to continue casting while moving.

12) I assume you mean True Reincarnate. No specific answer on this. As far as I know it has not been discussed but the nature of the guild is doing epic/elite raid content, hard to do if not 20.

I hope this answers all of your questions.

I think to answer your Question #2, the term Non Epic Fail refers to some people who may not like either certain (or all) members of EF, therefore then want a party filled with "Non Epic Fail" players. That is the only thing I can think of, but not 100% sure if thats what the OP meant in his question.
    Last edited by Verimont; 02-11-2010 at 02:33 PM.

(TR'd my FvS into a Sorc, will go back to winging around the Marketplace soon)
    Orion Alts ~ Kaerie - 18 Ranger/1 Fighter/1 Monk ~ Verimont - 20 Barbarian ~ Vexxiana - 20 Sorcerer

Community Member

you guys should call it "HI InFidelity 2".......

lol
    gg hf dd (good game, have fun, dont die!

Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    I run a highly efficent halfling favored soul lvl 18 named Iliona, and I recently used lesser reincarnation which maintained my listing of friends but wiped clean my notes on the players themselves.

So I decided to keep a notebook with notes jotted down about characters that I game with.
    I haven't messed with reincarnation, but I would guess that if you had exported your friends list before reincarnating, and then imported it afterwards, the notes you had made about the players would remain.

Thanks for the answers

I do hope more people will thank a healer once per a session, it is rather easy to type tyfths, it is good to hear that you do compliment exceptional healers. Having only mostly played healers, I don't have much experience of what low quality healers are like since I am doing the healing. Myself, I try to remember to thank the arcane for their spectacular spells and the melee/ranged for their many kills and the trapbusters for their disarms.

Since I am not a member of your guilds, please provide me with a listing of some officers that I can contact in the event I have a comment to make about a guild member.

The second time I heard a reference to "non epic fail" was right after I ran into a very hidden hazzard (a deep narrow trench with deep lava at the bottom). I was rushing as the group had gotten ahead of me in a complex dungeon and assumed that they had jumped down into the trench as a route. The person behind me died and the cleric who came to ressurect me died as well. (I guess he tried to get line of sight and moved too close.)

I do cast healing on the move quite a bit. I found the main problem with casting while moving is that walls block line of sight often and that many healing spells have limited ranges. Casting a spell slows your speed down as well, placing more possiblities of broken line of sight, after 2 or 3 failed casting due to broken line of sight one falls behind a bit even with running gear at which point one has to result to higher level spells to gain enough range to heal. A simple gather for one mass cure actually at times would be more effecient.

Healing on the run also presents the problem of my concentration on chasing down other characters instead of paying attention to the dungeon layout. Mass Buffing while moving is even worse as it usually only hit 2/3 or less of the characters in the best of circumstances.

I am not quite sure why you need a new guild instead of making ranks within your old guild, but I am sure that you have a better understanding of this than I. Has your guild gotten too big?

The true ressurection issue is something for all to consider, cause a lot of level 20 players talk as if sooner or later they want to do this. Therefore over time, eventually all the members of the guild may want to do thus.

Cheers,
    Iliona
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 02-12-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Right before you cast your spell jump in the air, with FF and a decent jump you will not slow down at all.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterium View Post
    Assigning gear? Really? Lern2dkp.
    Loot Council > DKP. I've run both as guild leader and officer in WoW raiding guilds and loot council wins hands down.

Glad to see Orien raiding maturing to this point. Best of luck with <Epic>.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulnavara View Post
    Right before you cast your spell jump in the air, with FF and a decent jump you will not slow down at all.
    Thanks

My jump is out of this world (37 without buffs) so I can keep up, jump over traps, leap past all the monsters drawing aggro on others, and impress local shopkeepers.

Yah i ran in eq back when dkp was Dragon kill points was to distribute loot for Nafagen and Lady Vox well back then all corpses decays in 5 minutes so loot had to be done fast.
    In general i think loot council works 100* beter than dkpin the long run it basicly depends on the people. Always will be people who are upset with any sort of loot system though.
    the best system i saw was a loot council where a representaive of each class who was voted on by each class and officers could sugest but had no direct vote on loot distrabution.
    And has for someone who has been on Both sides of a Dkp points system. I so much prefer loot council.
    Thand Ros <Epic Fail> ddo
    Thand Ros <Legions of Darkness> Innroukk eq

Community Member

Wink very glad to see the change taken hold...

Unfortunatly due to the original name some players may have felt it best to be fail..both in how they ran with groups and as well as respecting others...

The problem was I ran with Epic on other servers THere players are not fail they are quality humans playing a great game...

For the rest of the people that do not Know...Not all of epic fail is fail they have alot of great memebers...

I actually haven't run into *any* Epic Fail that are fail, so far. Not sure who you had the misfortune to cross paths with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynien View Post
    I actually haven't run into *any* Epic Fail that are fail, so far. Not sure who you had the misfortune to cross paths with.
    If I had to guess... it was Hiromo.

Orion Alts ~ Kaerie - 18 Ranger/1 Fighter/1 Monk ~ Verimont - 20 Barbarian ~ Vexxiana - 20 Sorcerer

Poor poor Hiromo.

Poor us.... for putting up with his.... oddities

Well a certain somebody's barbarian was frenzying and just couldn't resist hitting the demon queen a couple times... barely got out in one piece he did...

he does that on his cleric too...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast