Default ER does VoN 6 Epic

ER has done epic von6

1 death (on a pillar none at the dragon)

loot

epic dragon helm
    red scale
    delving boots
    delving suit
    a few random shards, no sos

ran another

same kind of loot only no epic dragon helm
    Last edited by cluedout; 02-06-2010 at 02:27 AM.
    Khyber. Shanayney TR wiz. Sahanna 20 Cleric. ossifer of MADM

Community Member

3rd run was about the same. The devs a nice job on that quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    3rd run was about the same. The devs a nice job on that quest.
    Seems like a pretty stellar drop rate in there. Much different than my experience with epic dq.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikfire~Quikkilla~Quikinator~ Missquik~Quiktunes~Fatalbert~Bignugly~Quikmeister~ Member of Quantum Entropy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quikster View Post
    Seems like a pretty stellar drop rate in there. Much different than my experience with epic dq.
    By the way epic dq is better if you have not run it yet this mod you should. Yeah and on 5 Von completions in our group (prophets and alot of good friends) tonight we pulled 2 +4 tomes and alot of nice loot in general.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Congrats ER.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    By the way epic dq is better if you have not run it yet this mod you should. Yeah and on 5 Von completions in our group (prophets and alot of good friends) tonight we pulled 2 +4 tomes and alot of nice loot in general.
    ooh +4 tomes in a non-ToD raid yay.. Congrats Prophets.

Yea I did 3 epic raids that night, 2x dq 1x von.. And even run I pulled an epic shard. Also the night before.. Droprate is awesome now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Congrats ER.

ooh +4 tomes in a non-ToD raid yay.. Congrats Prophets.

Yea I did 3 epic raids that night, 2x dq 1x von.. And even run I pulled an epic shard. Also the night before.. Droprate is awesome now.
    As Mysticmalus was saying, that is one sexy chest.

Community Member

Had one 13 minute run tonight and also one 16 minute flawless.

I'd post screenies but it will be under 10 minutes and flawless tomorrow.

Congrats, what tactics are you guys using on the actual dragon out of curiousity?
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!

Default never tell

unfortunately people who run raids like this dont like to tell their secrets, after all, they have the phat loot, they feel better then everyone else, why tell when they can keep running it and boasting about it. From what I hear though, apparently there is a piller in the middle that you need to destroy once the dragon locks whoever in. Outside pillers are a cinch as per normal, bridges do not burn btw either im told. As for the dragon, I think you just Zerg him with clerics mass aoe cure crits and fire prots and resists. /shrug
    Vorpalsword , Yamantaka , Battlelord , Deathsbreath
    Guild Leader of: Loot Gods.
    'Loot Gods - Where the Sacrafices just keep coming...'

Quote Originally Posted by Trapdoor View Post
    unfortunately people who run raids like this dont like to tell their secrets, after all, they have the phat loot, they feel better then everyone else, why tell when they can keep running it and boasting about it. From what I hear though, apparently there is a piller in the middle that you need to destroy once the dragon locks whoever in. Outside pillers are a cinch as per normal, bridges do not burn btw either im told. As for the dragon, I think you just Zerg him with clerics mass aoe cure crits and fire prots and resists. /shrug
    Bridges do burn if you take long enough on them.

People don't like to share the secrets because maybe it took alot of resources and some dedication to get it done with no prior info and we'd like to enjoy our success a little before the tactics become common info.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Its not about sharing or not sharing, its about joining or not joining. Several successful Von6 runs from last night posted lfms for the last few slots in the 12man runs. People learn by doing. Get your character to level 20 and join.
    Lava Diving Free Companion
    Boliard Orland Bace Falion Racas Gimak Augite Bitterpill Lutav Fanion BellJar Anoni Debussy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trapdoor View Post
    You know, I made several posts in your defense on the alternate forums the other day, saying I'd never had a problem with you and I didn't understand why everyone seems to have a problem with you.

Nice work, slick. You didn't even give anyone time to respond to the question, did you?

p.s. see next 2 posts
    Last edited by Strakeln; 02-07-2010 at 11:16 AM.

in our last few runs we have it down to aprox 3 pots per healer. hoping today at our Superbowl halftime dragon run we can eliminate even that

however the first few runs were sometimes using up to 26-28 major pots

scrolls are mostly useless as the concentration checks are to high without quicken
    Khyber. Shanayney TR wiz. Sahanna 20 Cleric. ossifer of MADM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaelis View Post
    Congrats, what tactics are you guys using on the actual dragon out of curiousity?
    ****************SPOILER WARNING********************

The trick to slaying red dragons is avoiding the fire breath. Like all red dragons of lore, you can tell when a dragon is about to breathe fire, as it seems they need to "build up" the fire inside them. While it is building up, some escapes out of various orifices. (Disclaimer: I have not examined all orifices, just the forward-facing ones).

Adventurers wishing to slay red dragons quickly learn to hide behind that which cannot be melted (rocks, Kargon) as soon as they sense that their target is building up fire. Some have found it helpful to have trusted members of their adventuring party to tell them when they notice something amiss.

By the way, Vorpalsword, ER has been sharing this - along with everything else they've learned - with PUG members all weekend. When you hear PUG groups on Khyber repeating the phrase "Get out get out get out get out", you can thank Mystikmalus.
    Last edited by Strakeln; 02-07-2010 at 11:15 AM.

(Disclaimer: I have not examined all orifices, just the forward-facing ones).
    Haha +1 rep for you for the good laugh, I'm sure you'll be sure to examine the other orifices next time.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Retired Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza ~ Carelle
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

****************SPOILER WARNING********************

The trick to slaying red dragons is avoiding the fire breath. Like all red dragons of lore, you can tell when a dragon is about to breathe fire, as it seems they need to "build up" the fire inside them. While it is building up, some escapes out of various orifices. (Disclaimer: I have not examined all orifices, just the forward-facing ones).

Adventurers wishing to slay red dragons quickly learn to hide behind that which cannot be melted (rocks, Kargon) as soon as they sense that their target is building up fire. Some have found it helpful to have trusted members of their adventuring party to tell them when they notice something amiss.

By the way, Vorpalsword, ER has been sharing this - along with everything else they've learned - with PUG members all weekend. When you hear PUG groups on Khyber repeating the phrase "Get out get out get out get out", you can thank Mystikmalus.
    Thanks for this Strak we've been doing this as well we just don't seem to have the timing/cue's down 100% yet as we're still high death and pot count it's looking like. Todays run our secondwas down to about 20 pots overall. A lot better then the 50ish our first run cost while we figured out the tactic.
    Beaker is self-centered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalcon View Post
    Best Piker: Beak: that son of a ***** always scew's me over in every quest im ever in with him. I honestly Don't know why i keep grouping with him!