Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    you always know there will be 2 casters, and they will always kill you right away, and you will never even reach them, and you never..., and they always, .....get the point?
    your post only actually serves to illustrate the need of improvments to pvp in this game. THe PVE content is never going to grow fast enough to sate any but themost casual player.

A well balanced pvp system can offer hours of ever shifting tactical game play. That is currently not possible in this games extremely imbalanced system which is not even fair in pve where some builds will always outshine. Or where long time players with a armory of twink gear will insure new players always feel gimped.

A good pvp world area where players could use only designated pvp gear etc would be great fair fun I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    A well balanced pvp system can offer hours of ever shifting tactical game play.
    true

but a well balanced pvp system needs an entirely new game

play ddo2 if you want pvp, but this isnt ddo2
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

I have killed every Pvp'er on my server at least once. It is fine the way it is, no need to change it.
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

What makes you think a improvement to PvP is going to make the power gamers happy?

From what I have seen and the people I play with (and I know several power gamers) they could care less for PvP.

We don't need resources wasted on what I consider a pointless system that adds nothing to the game or furthering my characters development.

We need content, races, classes, pre's etc..........

We don't need a system that is nothing more than a glorified bragging rights ritual. There are plenty of games for that.

I find it funny that people come to a game that is all about PvE and then want a better PvP system.

Next thing you know they will be calling for open instances.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

MMMM... necroed PvP thread.... just what we needed.
    “If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    THe PVE content is never going to grow fast enough to sate any but themost casual player.
    Speak for yourself, some of us have an attention span longer than that of a fruit fly on meth. Using "waah, devs are slow on PvE content" does not help the PvP argument because once you place people on duty to create your e-peen enhancer, you take away from the PvE devs. Self-defeat.
    Have you hugged a Warforged today?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPain View Post
    1) First, they must hide enemies names. There are so many good stuffs about the Rogue class, but the most fun and deadly one is the sneake attack and as the name say SNEAKE, it means Hidden, Invisible to eyes, and Undetectable ( information for the poeple that does not know what the true meaning of sneake mean ). Is no fun to have a strategy planned with some friends and send them to sneake behind and attack while you keep them occupy and everything blows up beacuse they can see your name on top of you.
    As long as you hide in a shadowy place it should be harder for someone to spot you. More so if you have trained move silently and hide in shadows. Besides, other players can train spot or listen and thus be able to detect you. Are you suggesting to turn sneaking into something like invisibility? Invisibility can be countered (e.g. see invisible, true seeing). Are you suggesting to turn sneaking into something similar to invisibility and be undetectable until you attack (like in WoW)? That would be unfair.

2) If you want to have a PvP match it means you want to prove your strenght and strategy against other players as a team or by yourself. Whould you not expect a prize, some experience, or something else for your hard work and wastes of bolts, arrows, potions, scrolls, wands, ingredients for magic, and many other wastable stuffs? Or/and at least a recognition on a list of players who have fought bravely like you?
    There exists different PvP playgrounds. Tavern brawl areas. Team vs Team playgrounds. Just visit the different bars in and around Stormreach.

I'm sceptical if item rewards should be introduced with PvP. Item rewards are a two edged sword in MMOs (effort to get it vs usefulness). This only motivates people that don't care about PvP to get the job done for a certain item. Just look at the battlegrounds in WoW. "Zerg back and forth" to earn some PvP points to unlock items. In the end this just hurts the quality of PvP.
    Additionally you'll have players complaining about the usefulness of items (PvP vs PvE item usefulness). Class balance in PvP is already a tricky subject. Item balance issues is opening a whole new can of worms...

3) Is also nessesary a place were you know you are going to come and is going to be full of people wanting to PvP, or some clan wanting to prove their strategy as a team against other clans. Would not be fun to compete against other guilds and have a record of loses and wins so you can compare their accomplishments as a team?
    I don't play DDO for PvP, but some kind of game ladder / ranking wouldn't hurt. To earn a certain ranking should be enough reward if you are really interested in PvP. Right now that isn't implemented, so in the meantime the PvPers will need to make the effort by themselves to record the rankings.
    Last edited by diamabel; 09-02-2010 at 03:33 PM.

I know people QQ about DDO and PvP saying that DnD has never been about PvP and you should go play some other MMO to get your PvP dose.
    But in all fairness, why do I have to play some other MMO as an addition to DDO just to get some decent PvP?

Something semi-simple, a battleground system along with a rating leaderboard with (perhaps) even a reward system. That should satisfy alot of players and would show the developers how many PvP enthusiasts there are in DDO and that they should be upgrading that part of the game aswell.
    DDO News, articles and guides - DDO-Daily.com
    With occasional contests with Turbine Points as rewards
    Your daily dose of DDO

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingcap View Post
    Something semi-simple, a battleground system along with a rating leaderboard with (perhaps) even a reward system. That should satisfy alot of players and would show the developers how many PvP enthusiasts there are in DDO and that they should be upgrading that part of the game aswell.
    rewards will get abused and a leaderboard existed but got removed

the big arenas, where real pvp (to current standards, the brawl is just ****) can happen, arent used at all

why improve something which isnt used?
    and obviously failed in ddo?
    *insert axe*
    o o

rewards will get abused and a leaderboard existed but got removed

the big arenas, where real pvp (to current standards, the brawl is just ****) can happen, arent used at all

why improve something which isnt used?
    and obviously failed in ddo?

By battlegrounds I would mean a small portion of a wilderness area for PvP with fixed amount of players.
    Also, if there was a decent way to spectate the matches in the pvp zones (non-brawl ofcourse) and a leaderboard that would assign points whether the match is "rated" or "unrated" which can be seen on a global server leaderboard.
    If it has failed, then they should try and unfail it. And if all else fails - then give up. Currently it looks like they had something going on, then just stopped improving it until people forgot it ever existed and then moved on to PvE content.
    DDO News, articles and guides - DDO-Daily.com
    With occasional contests with Turbine Points as rewards
    Your daily dose of DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by William_the_Bat View Post
    The main problem with PvP in DDO isn't balance, but the fact that a huge proportion of the player base hears the term "PvP" and immediately thinks of trash talking rude boys having e-peen contests. For a lot of people, the first response to any mention of PvP is to FREAK OUT.

Seriously, if they made guild rewards based on PvP, people would throw up their arms and cancel their subs and go play hello kitty online, since that's probably the only place left to get away from the trash talk and PvP politics.

If you want PvP with fast paced combat like DDO, go play Asheron's Call on the Darktide server.
    The only PvP trash talk in DDO Ive ever seen is comming from the anti PvP community. Its been consistent and nasty since day one. Its also rarely had a solid argument usually throwing up a bunch of strawmen. Looks to me like all you anti PvPers embraced all you claim to dislike long ago. You just would rather pvp with words in the forums rather than have fun doing it in a game.

And that attitude is why I took my PvP and PvE elsewhere. Cause I dont always PvP (nor require it in a game) but if it werent for a few real life friends in this game, I could take or leave the DDO community based on the attitudes of non PvPers posting in the PvP forums since release. Seriously some nasty posting going on here, derailing threads, cant believe mods to regulate you a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by hehateme View Post
    Seriously some nasty posting going on here, derailing threads, cant believe mods to regulate you a bit more.
    I wouldnt waste too much time countering against the anti-pvpers. its a waste of time, not to mention that the forum represents a very very small percentage of the total actual base players. (id venture a guess and say %5).

I like pvp and pve, makes no difference to me. I rather have them fix the lag which seems to be mounting n Thelanis day by day. But in the latter, there should be some rom for people who enjoy pvp, besides its another marketing aspect that they can cash cow in on.
    The one and only Aluecian - Congo Bowl I Champions, Team InB4Lock - Survival Builds(NEWEST BUILD IS AT POST #48): http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=209152 Pic of Me, Post# 332 http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=163146&page=9

[QUOTE=PyrosianFelicity;2743435]Fighting a Wizard? Hit him with a Wand of Grease to slow him down. For the wizard, it suddenly matters whether or not he has enough UMD to scroll a Freedom of Movement.

Wizard cast fleash to stone, kills you and eveyone in pvp crys about it and fleash to stone becomes a griefing tactic.

people whine that AA's get too much damage etc. fact is the only way to balance it is get rid of all feats, all enhancments all spells. give eveyone a masterwork long sword, no armour and then fight.

presto, 1 balanced PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

Quote Originally Posted by hehateme View Post
    The only PvP trash talk in DDO Ive ever seen is comming from the anti PvP community. Its been consistent and nasty since day one. Its also rarely had a solid argument usually throwing up a bunch of strawmen. Looks to me like all you anti PvPers embraced all you claim to dislike long ago. You just would rather pvp with words in the forums rather than have fun doing it in a game.

And that attitude is why I took my PvP and PvE elsewhere. Cause I dont always PvP (nor require it in a game) but if it werent for a few real life friends in this game, I could take or leave the DDO community based on the attitudes of non PvPers posting in the PvP forums since release. Seriously some nasty posting going on here, derailing threads, cant believe mods to regulate you a bit more.
    From my point of view, you couldnt be more wrong. go into the harbour on cannith, look at general chat and watch all the swearing and abuse getting thrown around... by people in the fighting pits!.

Im not saying all PvP'ers are infantile children. but a large portion of them are. Personally, i hate PvP after trying it out and giving it a go. Unfortunatly for some of you the people i encountered played up exactly to the stigma given to them.

If it looks like a cat and acts like a cat.......
    Quote Originally Posted by xanvar View Post
    I believe my left thumb is Gimp. I think I need to reroll.
    DDO Acronyms: http://ddowiki.com/page/Glossary
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...78#post2326178

I couldn't care less about PvP. If the devs deem it worthy of attention, it'll get it. All the posturing and preening being done by both sides is pointless. Just remember, they had grand plans for implementing PvP a few years ago. They got the base locations in and set up the rudimentary arenas. You know what happened, so small of a percentage of the population used it that they gave up on even fixing the leader board.

Personally, if they are going to put it in, I say leave the balance as is and remove the spell restrictions. A high level, well-geared caster should be the most feared opponent in a PvP situation. In D&D, only a well equipped and extremely lucky high level melee is going to take down a high level caster. If all the PvP players are so gung-ho about having it, then make them have it under the existing rules and balance and not change it to suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne View Post
    Personally, if they are going to put it in, I say leave the balance as is and remove the spell restrictions. A high level, well-geared caster should be the most feared opponent in a PvP situation. In D&D, only a well equipped and extremely lucky high level melee is going to take down a high level caster. If all the PvP players are so gung-ho about having it, then make them have it under the existing rules and balance and not change it to suit them.
    in the real pvp areas every spell is allowed
    the brawls arent pvp, they are brawls

just a small correction
    *insert axe*
    o o

in the real pvp areas every spell is allowed
    the brawls arent pvp, they are brawls

just a small correction
    Okay, now I know

I swear everytime I see one of these threads what I read is "I want WoW to be free to play."
    I said it before but what the heck i'll say it again.

Square peg, round hole

bitkaCK2
    Last edited by BitkaCK2; 09-06-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    "That's right, remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over..." ~ Heavenly Bank Account by Frank Zappa
    "Your 'Gin n' tonic Futon Brain' cyborg implants sure make you smart!" ~ Seraphita, Element of Fire

Community Member

I really can not understand you guys.
    You say that kids want pvp but most of the answers i read from people that do not want pvp are really immature.
    First of all excuse me for my English (it is not my mother language).
    I am 30 years old , married and both me and my wife love PVP and PVE.
    I can not see why you should all start attacking when someone DARES to MENTION the word PVP!!!!!
    I have read many topics where people attack those that do mention this word.
    No one forces you to play pvp.
    But i can not understand why you should be so aggressive with those who like it.

DDO is in need of players if you want it to advance as a game.
    And yes a good PVP system causes more players to play.
    From my point of view, me and my guildies play many times the capture the flag scenario and it is realy fun.
    Does this makes us all Kids that want to Pawn etc etc??
    No it just makes us a group of people that have fun after 5 quests , and laugh with eachother.
    And sometimes we want to find 6 more people to play and we can not find anyone.

Beeing immature is not a matter of PVP but a matter of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipokratis View Post
    I am 30 years old , married and both me and my wife love PVP and PVE.
    If you want PvP, it's very easy, change game, there are A LOT with good PvP.

I can not see why you should all start attacking when someone DARES to MENTION the word PVP!!!!!
    Because changing DDO for PvP would mean balancing classes, changing skill and mechanics, destroying all the PvE.

No one forces you to play pvp.
    No one forces you to play DDO, if you want pvp.

DDO is in need of players if you want it to advance as a game.
    That was before F2P. Now DDO has a HUGE playerbase.

And yes a good PVP system causes more players to play.
    And more players to whine because they don't know how to play. Look just now. Players Whining for slayers arrow, players whining because PvP is dominated by casters, and so on. And now PvP players are like 0.00001% of the player base. If you take Pvp players to DDO, the whines will flood the forums.

From my point of view, me and my guildies play many times the capture the flag scenario and it is realy fun.
    DDO has PvP, is just for fun, play for fun as you like.

No it just makes us a group of people that have fun after 5 quests , and laugh with eachother.
    So use the little PvP that already is in DDO to go on having fun. No need to change or balance or give PvP rewards, it's just for fun, and it's there. None force you to NOT use the PvP system there is

And sometimes we want to find 6 more people to play and we can not find anyone.
    DDO is all about PvE.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast