Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

1. DDO is not WOW. I dont have a WOW account, I have a life.

2. PVP games suck for PVE. in all the PVP based games, 90% of the zones that didnt come with the current expansion are deserted. Sucks being a new player in that environment.

3. Class balance issue patches every 2 weeks are lame. People cry that their class is gimped because they cant win in PVP, - then when its changed everyone else crys that the class is overpowered. Sucks in PVE when I am raiding and one week I am an awesome raid healer and the next week I cant keep a blade of grass standing up straight due to nerfing a character I worked on for 2 years.

4. I dont want to farm gear for PVE and PVP and have 2 or more different complete suits of gear hanging around. The level of farming DDO has is already high enough for people that dont play video games 16 hours a day. I also dont want to create specific builds for PVP and specific builds for PVE.

5. PVP is just another schwantz waving contest. If it is put into the game in any other place than the taverns, you will have people at max level greening newbie toons. EQ tried to solve this where they put a 5 level spread into the game and it just made it so that the level 15 twinked as all get up PKers were PVPing in zones where the level 10s and 11s hang out, etc.

No Ty. No need to add PVP focus to this game.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

witty comment about your mother goes here

PvP needs one thing and one thing only.

more people like me

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=237585

that up there is how you should play PvP in this game
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

^^
    I Have No Fear!

Good For The Good God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uskathoth View Post
    As opposed to the very sensible killing of hobgoblins and magical wizards. In Pretend-Land.

i hereby declare myself the king of PvP. because by my standards i have won every mach i have ever played

when i get to -500 hp i supper win

Much gooder.
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

Wow, just wow. How dare you have the nerve to come into the PvP forums and make a post about PvP.

Can everyone relax a little the OP is allowed to have an opinion and he even posted in the correct place.

i do agree with the OP a little. the classes are a insanely mismatched when it comes to them fighting each other.

however i agree with everyone else that we should do nothing about it.

but i do think that when i try to sneak up to someone that they should, you know, not see me.

Default no point in even talking about it here

Really...how can we even have a public discussion about this?

All the cry baby 10 year old E***** people are also posting on this thread. The same people who derail an honest talk about our game, are the same people who take a way from what little PvP experience could be had in DDO.

I mean, people who complain about the attitude of PvPers have never honestly participated in a forum. Were its mostly pee verses pee. This thread is a perfect example.

Default more funner.....

what are you 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Bracosius View Post
    Wow, just wow. How dare you have the nerve to come into the PvP forums and make a post about PvP.

Can everyone relax a little the OP is allowed to have an opinion and he even posted in the correct place.
    True, and eveyone else is entitled to express their disapproval.

Right?
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    what are you 12?
    are you asking mentally or physically?

I know a guy who is 14 and has the maturity of a 4 year old.

personally I'm 17 and i think i have the mentality of a 8 year old and a 25 year old at the same time

you and me? pee v pee?

I respect that you have the right to your opinion, however, I do not agree in any way, shape, or form. Almost every toon I have is a cleric or a healer of some sort, I do not pvp, I have pvp requests blocked because blind invites are rude and annoying and I have no interest in it, I only bother to pvp with a couple of friends that like to pvp and only when I'm bored to tears and they have no one else to fight (this happens like 2-3 times a year, if that).

If I wanted pvp I'd go join WoW, I've always loved the fact that pvp is not required in any way and I'd be sorely disappointed in DDO if they made it any kind of requirement. I don't believe that rewards should be given for something like killing fellow players. If pvp was required I too would likely give up my sub. I have friends that enjoy pvp so I understand those of you that get a kick out of it but there are far more people who have no interest in it which is evident by your complaint that there aren't enough people pvp'ing for you to find people to fight. I sincerely hope that guild vs. guild pvp isn't part of the new guild system coming in because I know very few people who would be interested in that and those of us who are in multiple guilds would be divided in our loyalties of who we're supposed to fight for making it harder to be social with more people in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogrin View Post
    Please be advised that when dealing with Khyberians, do not take everything for granted, always expect the worse and maybe you'll survive the first 5 minutes of what some of us will do to you. ESPECIALLY Sweetsoul.

There is plenty of great PvP opportunities in this game already. I personally have played with such fine PvPers as: The idiot who takes more agro than he can handle, dies and then cusses out the cleric, the warrior who takes his great axe to an ooze and then has to punch monsters for the rest of the mission and who can forget the zerging wiz with 8-10 con. With some many great PvP masters such as these in the game what more could you ask for? If these folks aren't attacking the players not the monsters I don't know what is.
    Last edited by Mikula; 03-17-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Not obvious what I mean by PvP

ONLY PvP I would accept.
    Honestly, if you had played LOTRO for any length of time, you wouldn't say that. Turbine promised that monster play would not, in any way, affect regular play. You know what? Turbine lied...
    [This space intentionally left blank]

Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne View Post
    Turbine already has a mechanic for PvP that I would love to see implemented here...Monster Play. Take the mechanic that they use in LoTRo Monster Play and tweak it to fit here. It would solve both the alignment issues for PvP and keep the congruity of PvE balancing...
    Hey that actually sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by ddoplayer064 View Post
    Honestly, if you had played LOTRO for any length of time, you wouldn't say that. Turbine promised that monster play would not, in any way, affect regular play. You know what? Turbine lied...
    *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    True, and eveyone else is entitled to express their disapproval.

Right?
    It is possible to disapprove/disagree without belittleing the OP. Some people are just stating they are against all PvP, etc. No problem. Those who are personally attacking him and telling to him leave the game are being rude.

Pvp has no place in d&d. I fail to see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsaun View Post
    The new guild system just might add something to this love/hate kind of debate about PvP.

So let me ask you, if the new guild system affected pvp at all...would you change your mind about it?

I mean you guys who avidly hate the idea of PvP in DDO...would you maybe take a second look, or have a second thought? Or if the new guild system did affect PvP somehow..would this be a new all time failure for Turbine? (putting my money here)

For me, Pvp in DDO is very very lackluster (I started being a huge fan), I have been playing it at all levels and found the most fun from beating people at a higher level than me. Its a great training ground, and fun place to experiment!

But now that Im L18, I find myself playing more of a "protector" kind of roll. Its like, I only kill people who are giving grief to others (beware all you bards that think its funny to fascinate everyone and then leave, you are my main target and PWS has no save). I have yet to find a group of like level/type people to have a fun Cap the flag or death-match with. I ALMOST hope that we could have GvG...ALMOST (yes, I am a 4 year GW vet)

Anyways...thoughts anyone?
    Simply, no, PVP is still a waste of resources anyway I look at it.
    It is ok to hate me, I don't like me most of the time.
    The Harsh Reality is "we both believe we are right"
    People are strange

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldTrapper View Post
    See previous 2 statements.

DnD was NEVER about player vs player. It was always players vs Dungeon Master. (I decied who lives and dies, etc...) Yea, him. The one thing DDO lacks is what separates it from the "trash" MMOs out there for those of us NOT into smashing each others brains out with a 2x4.
    My thoughts exactly.

We live a dying dream, if you know what I mean.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast