Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member SolarDawning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Solo Elite Wrath of the Flame as pure melee

    Pure monk 20, no spells here. =)
    Consumables used: None!
    Weapon of choice: +2 Holy Handwraps of 5% weighted.

    Now, this is one of the easy Amrath quests (along with Weapons Shipment), but typically only cleric, favored soul, and warforged arcane builds have much luck soloing high level elite content, so I'm pretty proud of doing this as a pure melee without much in the way of special gear, as I'm still relatively new to the game.


  2. #2
    Uber Completionist Lithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,959

    Default

    I tried to solo that quest on a melee. I got to the end, but then the boss mistress batted her pretty eyes at me, and I forgot how to attack.

    I died.

    It was worth it.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

  3. #3
    Community Member SolarDawning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    I tried to solo that quest on a melee. I got to the end, but then the boss mistress batted her pretty eyes at me, and I forgot how to attack.

    I died.

    It was worth it.
    She only wanted you for your soul, anyways. =)

  4. #4
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolarDawning View Post
    Pure monk 20, no spells here. =)
    Consumables used: None!
    Weapon of choice: +2 Holy Handwraps of 5% weighted.

    Now, this is one of the easy Amrath quests (along with Weapons Shipment), but typically only cleric, favored soul, and warforged arcane builds have much luck soloing high level elite content, so I'm pretty proud of doing this as a pure melee without much in the way of special gear, as I'm still relatively new to the game.

    That is one of the most uber sets of handwraps in the game, you know. Very few better monk weapons exist at all.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  5. #5
    Community Member SolarDawning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    That is one of the most uber sets of handwraps in the game, you know. Very few better monk weapons exist at all.
    Pulled it off the Auction House for 50k platinum buyout. =)
    and believe me, I know. Another four ToD runs and I'll have Holy Burst on a ring to stack with it.

  6. #6
    Community Member Goldeneye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    Impressive! Well done. Just curious: what's your AC. and are those the healing dragonmarks?
    Check out my: My Index of Builds / My Capped Characters on Khyber: Krythan II / Velkro Sorcerer / Krythen 13/6/1 Rogue
    Need Some XP? / AFK for a bit: School. / See WF Body Feat Appearances

  7. #7
    Community Member SolarDawning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
    Impressive! Well done. Just curious: what's your AC. and are those the healing dragonmarks?
    61 AC, 65 for a minute with Shield spell from clickies.
    And yup, Halfling healing dragonmarks. I equip a Greater Potency VI staff before casting Heal on myself, then swap back to handwraps.

    Even with that much AC, the silver flame paladins and rangers hit easily, and very hard.
    Orthons were the easiest enemies, they mostly got glancing blows rather than actual hits.
    The orthon named boss was another matter, I kited him back into a mob of Silver Flame paladins, and let them tank him for me, while I healed them with Healing Ki. (Turns out they have 300% healing amp or so, so I was tossing 100-120 pt mass cures on them)
    Last edited by SolarDawning; 01-30-2010 at 09:13 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Member -Satureon-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stormreach
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Grats. (not so easy dps those self healer palas/cles on elite: guess your key was stun...)

    Checked that quest in solo just now and the endboss just stood in one place, bugged as Harry in part4.
    Did you experienced similar?
    Will go again sometimes when have time again to check again its perma or not.

    Edit: confirmed in another run-> the boss and succubuses are not moving and not doing anything there; it seems a bug.
    Last edited by -Satureon-; 01-31-2010 at 03:43 PM.
    Satureon, Ranged (Pal x1, Mnk x3, Ran x3, Rog x1 8/8 lives),
    Betelgeuseon, Multitank (Ftr 2x, Barb 1x 3/10 lives),
    Androgun, Arcane (Wiz 3x, Sorc 3x, Fvs 1x 7/10 lives)
    [Saturus, 8 years old toon (Pal 1x, Ftr 1x, Mnk 3x, Rog 1x), Exterminus (Wiz 1x, Fvs 2x, Sorc 1x): on Thelanis.]
    Improvisative play preferred. No VC, because i just don't care by different reasons + honestly sometimes just need to focus anywhere else too, as i'm not the 'gnome at the basement' type 24/7-er.
    2006-2009 EU Aureon-Keeper; 2009-2013 US Thelanis; 2013- US Ghallanda;
    Founder/Namegiver: formerly Eternal Infinity (Thelanis), presently
    Alive
    (Ghallanda)
    Older melee 'fame': Zawabi raid solo (mod6)+(a 'bit later' in US), old Elite DA solo, VoD solo (2011), Titan raid 4 mins shortman (2011?), ToD melee duo (2012)
    Some growing Solo Achievements (EE/Raids/Max lv. Challenges; no death/no reenter/no hire/little resources)
    My DDO True AC Calculator

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,909

    Default

    I did this on my 17th lvl paladin with a hireling cleric. Used a few CMW wand charges and barkskin potions.

    I died once and the cleric twice, luckily right next to the shrine. Orthons ignored me and killed the cleric.

    Used a +5 Frost Scim of PG / +3 Bodyfeeder of Slowburst for trash and HolySwords for boss.

    This was when it was first released (and scaling was a bit bugged).
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

  10. #10
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolarDawning View Post
    Pulled it off the Auction House for 50k platinum buyout. =)
    and believe me, I know. Another four ToD runs and I'll have Holy Burst on a ring to stack with it.
    LOL, they are probably worth about the plat cap, certainly more than the AH plat cap of 2 million PP. Nice find.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload