We also have a web page aswell

http://SmokeysGuild.com

A Guild Forum Too..

http://smokeysguilds.spruz.com/

So you can grow within the guild and share
    your greatest moments here at
    Smokey's Guild..

Fight Well Friends
    Last edited by Smokeyturtle; 03-09-2010 at 12:13 AM.
    ===============>Smokey's Guild<==============
    (Leader)...SmokeyTurtle (1st Officer)...BurninDragon
    All Welcome At Smokey's Guild
    http://SmokeysGuild.com/

[Combat]: You cast protection from flame at caster level 20.
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar
    Tempest's Spine where my minions bow to my greatness

It never dies.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Good luck Smokey - Make it a race vs Az Inc for largest guild!
    Thanks for the long time forum user purge of Aug '10 (Sarcasm for those who don't get it)

Default As said by the white house crashers...

"Mr. Chairman on advice of counsel I respectfully assert my right to remain silent, and decline to answer your question."
    Dungeon Alert and difficulty scaling killing LFMs since 9-1-2009.

Community Member

Has Smokey's guild broke 1000 members yet?
    Thelanis: Ikeren, Paladin 7. Dylas --- Cleric 21.

Thumbs up All Welcome.

We at Smokey's Guild wants to thank our members and partners. I love this game, from the strong sword swinger or to the characters that uses the powers within. DDO gives us all the interaction with friends,strangers and others that soon will be close. So this is a thanks to my guild for all your hard work and to DDO. And to all the new members that are joining up in the guild. ((Thanks)) For if not for you, we wouldn't be a great guild. So like I say "Judge not, and ye' shall not be judged" Having a good time is always my way of life.

Visit us at..

www.Smokeysguild.com

Fight Well Friends
    ===============>Smokey's Guild<==============
    (Leader)...SmokeyTurtle (1st Officer)...BurninDragon
    All Welcome At Smokey's Guild
    http://SmokeysGuild.com/

top of a Tower of pain, on a throne of blood

Default The truth about Smokeys

There is a time for everything, and the time to pull back the covers and reveal the truth about Smokey's Guild is now. Any claims of immense membership, proper player treatment, and a group of "honorable people, with no regard to lvl" are lies, told by Smokey himself, and required to be repeated by his officers.

The claims of "1000/ near 1000" membership is something of a fraud. The truth is that over 65% of Smokey's membership have been inactive now for more than 4 months, many for 1+ years, and another 10% are alt accounts, which are hardly logged onto as well. This leaves 25% of the total guild membership as active players, and I believe that number to be a stretch itself. Smokey lays claim to many of them leaving when the lvl cap was at 10, but there are over 184 names listed that are under lvl 10, ranging from 1-7.

When approached about the problem of such a large amount of inactive players, who have not bothered to log in for a year or more, there are two responses: excuses (and poor ones at that) and/or beratement. Smokey makes excuses of guild history, such as follows:

QUOTE="Smokeyturtle": "
    Alot of people have been asking questions about a group of adventures, members, and officers that haven't been online for about 3 plus years.
    Also why some are still officers of the guild.
    I can explain...See in 2006 I started Smokey's Guild with a very large group of adventures all here to enjoy the DDO. All of us paid to play DDO aswell. Well when the 10th level cap hit us and they released the new Mod adventure, They didn't increase the leveling. Alot of us left the game because all of us wanted to increase in leveling.
    These Members and Officers are to show the history of your guild and will always remain in the guild as the lost Adventures. Some are returning and when they do they still will have a place here at Smokey's Guild.
    Just as you too will have your place in our guild.
    I hope this answers alot of questions you may have had. So when you see names from 3 years ago, You will know this guild is here to stay."
    SOURCE="Smokeys Guild Forums"

certian officers lay claim to the fact that Smokey's will be undergoing a "much needed house cleaning". I have heard this line since I joined, and while there has been MUCH MORE then ample oppertunity for it to happen, it has not. I challenge you, Smokey, to answer the question: What ARE you doing? are you cleaning house? are you keeping this mass list of inactives? PICK SOMETHING AND STICK WITH IT.

The line "some are returning" has also been used for at least 6 months, as long as I was a member. I have not seen a single one of those names log in, nor change to a more recent log-in time. I have also proposed that a "Memorial" page be posted on the guild forums, and that these members placed on that list, then removed from the guild charter so that we can institute some much needed fresh blood. This idea was not even entertained, and the truth behind why is sad.

All those inactive players are simply kept to lay some foundation to the claim of Smokey's "immense" membership. History and having a home to return to are nothing when placed against the claim of the "largest guild in Thelanis" in Smokey's eyes.

Beratement from Smokey and his officers are a common occurance if this subject is approached by members. I was personally called an idiot, arrogent, and told that it was none of my concern when I approached an officer (guild recruitment officer) about the subject, after another officer (guild events officer) asked me what my point was, then rudely pawned any responsibility off to Desirenots, who I was more then polite to about the whole subject. This happened to me while I was not only a member, but in the running for my THIRD officership within the guild (I had deleted the other two previous characters, and yes, all the officers new who I was prior to this conversation). If the status and well-being are not the concern of the members, who ARE the very status and future of the guild, then whose right of concern is it?

Ask this question to Smokey and his officers, and expect different answers from each, or no answer at all, as ignoring people, both outsider and member alike, is almost a pronounced practice among the officers there. Any remark of the current/growing strength of Smokey's is naught but a cloud to hide the truth: Smokeys is a dying entity, a creature that suffers a growing cancer, both in the body of the beast and in it's head as well.

Smokey himself is more concerned with loyalty to himself then he is about loyalty to the guild and concern over it's health. Members and officers alike have been told exaggerated tales of Smokey's persecution, and have been, on several occasions, requested to "defend him" to other guilds, and players. Not defense of the guild, but defense of SMOKEY himself. He has talked more about the placement of spies in guilds he feels are "enemies" of his guild, then about promoting guild events, etc. Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others. These spies are to report only to Smokey himself and the guilds above were mentioned in numerous officer meetings.

He uses the names of other guilds as insults to those that don't agree with him, specifically AZ Inc and Order of the Black Serpent, in his beratement of players. He keeps players with reported anger management issues (guild recruitement officer has flown off the handle at more then a handful of players in the past 2 months, berating, belittling, and even booting those that DARE ask a question of her if she is in a quest) in as officers.

I was a member of Smokeys for 6 months. I have been an officer in that guild 3 times over. I partied with numerous members, and have seen the rising number of people leave/ get booted from the guild, up to an average of 20 members a week currently upon my exit of the guild.

As a warning to Future and current players, do NOT join Smokeys Guild. You will feel welcome for about 3 hours, then ignored. You will be berated and/or ignored if you ask questions when the officers are "busy". If you bother with the growth of the guild, the most recognition you can expect is a well-rehearsed "I've noticed" from Smokey and/or his officers, which is repeated to anyone that bothers to bring up their efforts, be they real or not. If made an officer, expect to be asked to be loyal to Smokey himself, not the guild. ALso expect to hear tales of members that have been booted for asking questions, or even asking officers to send a guild invite to other players.

My personal reccommendation is to find another guild, one without the mass of lies, betrayal, beratement, and poor officership, because to join Smokeys is to find a place full of the opposite of everything they lay claim to.

Jorill
    Ex-officer and member
    Formerly Smokeys Guild.
    Last edited by Nyriana; 03-10-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriana View Post
    There is a time for everything, and the time to pull back the covers and reveal the truth about Smokey's Guild is now. Any claims of immense membership, proper player treatment, and a group of "honorable people, with no regard to lvl" are lies, told by Smokey himself, and required to be repeated by his officers.

The claims of "1000/ near 1000" membership is something of a fraud. The truth is that over 65% of Smokey's membership have been inactive now for more than 4 months, many for 1+ years, and another 10% are alt accounts, which are hardly logged onto as well. This leaves 25% of the total guild membership as active players, and I believe that number to be a stretch itself. Smokey lays claim to many of them leaving when the lvl cap was at 10, but there are over 184 names listed that are under lvl 10, ranging from 1-7.

When approached about the problem of such a large amount of inactive players, who have not bothered to log in for a year or more, there are two responses: excuses (and poor ones at that) and/or beratement. Smokey makes excuses of guild history, such as follows:

QUOTE="Smokeyturtle": "
    Alot of people have been asking questions about a group of adventures, members, and officers that haven't been online for about 3 plus years.
    Also why some are still officers of the guild.
    I can explain...See in 2006 I started Smokey's Guild with a very large group of adventures all here to enjoy the DDO. All of us paid to play DDO aswell. Well when the 10th level cap hit us and they released the new Mod adventure, They didn't increase the leveling. Alot of us left the game because all of us wanted to increase in leveling.
    These Members and Officers are to show the history of your guild and will always remain in the guild as the lost Adventures. Some are returning and when they do they still will have a place here at Smokey's Guild.
    Just as you too will have your place in our guild.
    I hope this answers alot of questions you may have had. So when you see names from 3 years ago, You will know this guild is here to stay."
    SOURCE="Smokeys Guild Forums"

certian officers lay claim to the fact that Smokey's will be undergoing a "much needed house cleaning". I have heard this line since I joined, and while there has been MUCH MORE then ample oppertunity for it to happen, it has not. I challenge you, Smokey, to answer the question: What ARE you doing? are you cleaning house? are you keeping this mass list of inactives? PICK SOMETHING AND STICK WITH IT.

The line "some are returning" has also been used for at least 6 months, as long as I was a member. I have not seen a single one of those names log in, nor change to a more recent log-in time. I have also proposed that a "Memorial" page be posted on the guild forums, and that these members placed on that list, then removed from the guild charter so that we can institute some much needed fresh blood. This idea was not even entertained, and the truth behind why is sad.

All those inactive players are simply kept to lay some foundation to the claim of Smokey's "immense" membership. History and having a home to return to are nothing when placed against the claim of the "largest guild in Thelanis" in Smokey's eyes.

Beratement from Smokey and his officers are a common occurance if this subject is approached by members. I was personally called an idiot, arrogent, and told that it was none of my concern when I approached an officer (Desirenots, guild recruitment officer) about the subject, after another officer (Caldra, guild events officer) asked me what my point was, then rudely pawned any responsibility off to Desirenots, who I was more then polite to about the whole subject. This happened to me while I was not only a member, but in the running for my THIRD officership within the guild (I had deleted the other two previous characters, and yes, all the officers new who I was prior to this conversation). If the status and well-being are not the concern of the members, who ARE the very status and future of the guild, then whose right of concern is it?

Ask this question to Smokey and his officers, and expect different answers from each, or no answer at all, as ignoring people, both outsider and member alike, is almost a pronounced practice among the officers there. Any remark of the current/growing strength of Smokey's is naught but a cloud to hide the truth: Smokeys is a dying entity, a creature that suffers a growing cancer, both in the body of the beast and in it's head as well.

Smokey himself is more concerned with loyalty to himself then he is about loyalty to the guild and concern over it's health. Members and officers alike have been told exaggerated tales of Smokey's persecution, and have been, on several occasions, requested to "defend him" to other guilds, and players. Not defense of the guild, but defense of SMOKEY himself. He has talked more about the placement of spies in guilds he feels are "enemies" of his guild, then about promoting guild events, etc. Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others. These spies are to report only to Smokey himself and the guilds above were mentioned in numerous officer meetings.

He uses the names of other guilds as insults to those that don't agree with him, specifically AZ Inc and Order of the Black Serpent, in his beratement of players. He keeps players with reported anger management issues (Desirenots has flown off the handle at more then a handful of players in the past 2 months, berating, belittling, and even booting those that DARE ask a question of her if she is in a quest) in as officers.

I was a member of Smokeys for 6 months. I have been an officer in that guild 3 times over. I partied with numerous members, and have seen the rising number of people leave/ get booted from the guild, up to an average of 20 members a week currently upon my exit of the guild.

As a warning to Future and current players, do NOT join Smokeys Guild. You will feel welcome for about 3 hours, then ignored. You will be berated and/or ignored if you ask questions when the officers are "busy". If you bother with the growth of the guild, the most recognition you can expect is a well-rehearsed "I've noticed" from Smokey and/or his officers, which is repeated to anyone that bothers to bring up their efforts, be they real or not. If made an officer, expect to be asked to be loyal to Smokey himself, not the guild. ALso expect to hear tales of members that have been booted for asking questions, or even asking officers to send a guild invite to other players.

My personal reccommendation is to find another guild, one without the mass of lies, betrayal, beratement, and poor officership, because to join Smokeys is to find a place full of the opposite of everything they lay claim to.

Jorill
    Ex-officer and member
    Formerly Smokeys Guild.
    MERCS? as in the now defunct guild MERCS? Or my Guild, Merc's Only? Regardless, if mine, he is welcome to it, I have nothing to hide. His guild is listed in our penalty box due to some of my guildies having issues with various members. Regardless, Outside being driven up the wall by his annoying recruiting methods and been insulted by some of the officers on this forum, I don't care what he does.

Regardless, I find it interesting and worthy of popcorn munching. But you should remove some of the names due to forum rules.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

He has talked more about the placement of spies in guilds he feels are "enemies" of his guild, then about promoting guild events, etc. Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others.
    Teeheehee.
    Legion has been infiltrated by Smokey's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    MERCS? as in the now defunct guild MERCS? Or my Guild, Merc's Only? Regardless, if mine, he is welcome to it, I have nothing to hide. His guild is listed in our penalty box due to some of my guildies having issues with various members. Regardless, Outside being driven up the wall by his annoying recruiting methods and been insulted by some of the officers on this forum, I don't care what he does.

Regardless, I find it interesting and worthy of popcorn munching. But you should remove some of the names due to forum rules.
    names have been changed, but only to follow forum rules...if anyone asks me in game, I will be more then happy to name what officers/ members were involved.

and yes...the now defunct guild MERCS....it only goes to show how off-kilter SMokey has become

Well, when someone names a guild after themselves there is a potential for some personality issues.
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

Guilds that have been said to be infiltrated by Smokey and his spies are as follows: MERCS, AZ INC, Praetorian Household, Order of the Black Serpent, and Legion, among others. These spies are to report only to Smokey himself and the guilds above were mentioned in numerous officer meetings.

Jorill
    Ex-officer and member
    Formerly Smokeys Guild.
    How's that Thorazine treating you buddy? Looks like you need some more.
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    Well, when someone names a guild after themselves there is a potential for some personality issues.
    Well, I was going to name mine the "WOrshippers of the Goddess of Tempest's Spine" But it was too long. WHew! Now I got out of the stigma of personality issues!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    Well, I was going to name mine the "WOrshippers of the Goddess of Tempest's Spine" But it was too long. WHew! Now I got out of the stigma of personality issues!
    Well, you could always use "WOTGOTS"

WOTGOTS sounds pretty cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by weyoun View Post
    How's that Thorazine treating you buddy? Looks like you need some more.
    Just repeating whats been said NUMEROUS times by Smokey himself, in officer and member meetings for the guild....don't take it up with me....take it up with Smokey...I'm just the messenger.

I'll notify the officers immediately. We're gonna get the boys down at the crime lab working on it. They're gonna be working in shifts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcNpXmr-Ps
    Lysol, Winner of the Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence

Quote Originally Posted by weyoun View Post
    I'll notify the officers immediately. We're gonna get the boys down at the crime lab working on it. They're gonna be working in shifts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBcNpXmr-Ps
    what would it hurt to at least look into it? Every guild can say that their too good to be infiltrated, but history shows that nothing is impossible, and infiltration is one of the easier things to do.
    Your choice though....if you wish me a fool, then so be it....but you have been told...so if a future event shows that you DO have a spy amongst you, at least the knowledge was there, weither or not you did anything with it.

what would it hurt to at least look into it? Every guild can say that their too good to be infiltrated, but history shows that nothing is impossible, and infiltration is one of the easier things to do.
    Your choice though....if you wish me a fool, then so be it....but you have been told...so if a future event shows that you DO have a spy amongst you, at least the knowledge was there, weither or not you did anything with it.
    Not legion. THough it would be funny if there was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Minor_Threat View Post
    Well, you could always use "WOTGOTS"

WOTGOTS sounds pretty cool to me.
    bah!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast