Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Madborn

Default The Madborn

About Us

We are a smaller guild containing a great group of mostly veteran players with a wide range of skills and abilities.

Combining strong play with a focus on maintaining a casual and relaxed atmosphere, we allow members to learn & experience raiding and epic content without causing distress.

We are family and couples oriented and understand that sometimes the needs of our families might interrupt our play time, however, we try to limit those occurrences to as few as we possibly can.

The Madborn has been around since 2006, over that time many of us have become very close friends who always look forward to playing with each other and also meeting new people.

Logging in, you will be greeted with a friendly, family-like environment with a great group of people who actually care about each other both in and out of game.

When organizing groups and raids, we try to include as many members as we can to ensure everyone gets to work together as a team as often as possible.

We're always running everything from new builds, to TR's, to epic quests & raiding. We also try to maintain several scheduled "guild" raids (epic and regular) to allow many of our more casual members to have times they can "bank on" for raids they'd like to run.

We're always glad to earn renown and have enjoyed our guild ship so far, but renown grinding is not a focus; instead, we take it as it comes and enjoy what we have at a pace we know we can manage without stressing about it.

Digging a little deeper...

We strongly support our guild Motto's:

"What could possibly go wrong !" and "What's the worst that could happen !"

While raiding, we like to learn as many of the smaller details we can, many times learning things not normally noticed. We strongly focus on team oriented success, resulting in us being quite tactical & technical in nature. Many of our members have a lot of knowledge and are more than willing to share it with others should they ask for help.

We play DDO for the fun of the challenge, not so much for bragging rights; although many of us do have our own personal list of accomplishments in the game acquired over the years. We take it upon ourselves on a regular basis to see just how far we can push ourselves; most times ending up with great success, other times with fantastic (and story worthy) failures ! This results in a good portion of our members who are not only prepared for, but also trained to handle the worst case scenarios ! We always aim to keep cool heads regardless of the situation and obtain our game enjoyment through these types of challenges.

We are very open as to who brings what class and will alter strategies based on what we have in group instead of trying to get the "perfect" group created. Sometimes we end with with some very unique group make-ups which provides various challenges of their own; resulting in teaching everyone how to make the best use of what they're given at hand and making it work to their advantage.

Everyone is considered an equal and everyone's suggestions are not only listened to, but encouraged to be expressed while in group. There is by no means "one way" to accomplish things in game and we're always trying to find new and interesting ways to do things. We aim to take things in stride and try not tend to stress the little things. We fully understand mistakes happen and love the challenge of trying to recover from them !

Though we have members from various timezones, we tend to be more busy in evening times from 5pm to 3am EST with most raiding starting around 10pm EST (sometimes sooner).

There are a lot of great guilds out there that have a lot to offer, but if you're looking for a change in pace and still want to raid on a regular basis, or looking more of a challenge without taking things too seriously, then we may very well be what you're looking for.

Finally, some quick requirements:

- Many of us are Veteran players and our play style strongly reflects this. However, we also try to create a relaxed environment for learning at the same time. Please be willing to have people in group that may still learning the "tricks of the trade".

- Although a reasonable amount of in-game skill & knowledge from you would be a great asset; being a good listener, team player, quick thinker and willing to learn through suggestions (and mistakes!) makes all the difference in the world. We look at you as a person, not as what you have accomplished.

- Many of us have been in game a long time and thus have a lot of alts. Having several high level characters of various classes will certainly provide you a better experience in guild.

- Quality over quantity. We will require some in game time with you before recruiting to make sure our styles match. We use a private channel to allow people to keep in touch during this time.

- Being F2P/Premium is fine, but please note that we may not limit our quest/raid choices based on your not having access to the content we wish to run at the time.

- In case it is a personal requirement of yours, we currently do not have vent (or any external voice system). The usage of in-game voice is not required, but we do try to encourage it as it makes communication easier.

Finding Us:

If you want to catch us in raids, we can be found raiding most Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday evenings starting around 10PM EST.

The remaining days lean toward running smaller groups in both Heroic and Epic quests. If you're looking for a smaller group to hang out with, these nights would work best for you.

If you're interested, feel free to contact any of the officers listed below in game, or grab any member from The Madborn, and they will be more than happy to get you in contact an officer.

Officers:

Searros (Most of my alts are listed below in my signature)
    Jasarian
    Trooper
    Aussie
    Katergaris
    Misstral
    Sacrifice
    Kraak
    Last edited by Levonestral; 09-25-2014 at 09:12 AM.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

Default Madborn

Ya, Madborn is a damn fine, old Xorian based guild that is always good to run with.

Although we had a rough raid the other day when I was on my Cleric Mistayke... but we got through it, which is better than I've seen with a number of other guilds.

MINISTRY

"the golden rule" to our guildmates. ???

i belive that means Keep Trooper alive at all time
    The veiw from the top is not as important as the climb to get there.

Yes we have a lot of vets and are family friendly we are not elitist at all. We are here to have fun and enjoy the game. Whether elite, epic, whatever we feel at the time.

If you are interested in joining us my alts are:

Jasarian, Bilger, Krazarian, Rshiel, Krazana, Rijen, Rajiela, Kreger, Jasaria, Rajlin, Rumail, Catariana, Krazaria, Zergarian and a few more that can't think of atm.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Quote Originally Posted by gemmal_trueshaft View Post
    "the golden rule" to our guildmates. ???

i belive that means Keep Trooper alive at all time
    Which can be very hard at times!!!

Still recruiting!!

Exclamation Zao wants to join

I am in my own 1 man guild as of now. I would like to join if you are still recruiting?
    Characters most played - Zaofu and Zaolit

Quote Originally Posted by sago View Post
    I am in my own 1 man guild as of now. I would like to join if you are still recruiting?
    Look us up when online would love to run with you and see if we are the fit ya looking for!

I've have ran quest with madborn since the ole Xorian days around mod two. I think when I first ran with them. Anyway, Competant guild and always a blast to game with. Good luck to your recruiting.
    Xoriat born, Xoriat sworn
    Dwat Motto - Preperation is the mother of good fortune.
    Dharley, Domidar, Sotek, Domia, Drambow, Krispykream, Eulon, Stinkbait, Oleo, Dhapper

Default I want in!

Quote Originally Posted by Levonestral View Post
    If your interested, feel free to contact any of the officers listed below in game, or grab any member from The Madborn, and they will be more than happy to get you in contact an officer.

Officers:

Searros (Most of my alts are listed below in my signature)
    Sacrifice
    Jasarian
    Kraak
    Trooper
    Aussie
    Hello, I am looking for a quality guild to run with and I sure like the sound of Madborn. I will look for one of your Officers in game to request a 'tryout'.. Just wanted to give you a head's-up. Thanks.
    Firecloud - lvl 20 Sorceror / Johnnywayne - lvl 20 Paladin / Deathsarm - lvl 13 Monk / Reddblade - lvl 15 Favored Soul

I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do, isn't very nice..

Shameless bump with some updates
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

Default Highly recommended

I got a chance to play with Madborn this week and I was really impressed.

We ran 3 raids in short order and short manned. All went smoothly and efficiently thanks to the skill and teamwork of the guild members. They were very gracious to me as their guest and also kind to another newer player they were showing the ropes to.

They have great communication and good friendly banter which for me is a big plus.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    I got a chance to play with Madborn this week and I was really impressed.

We ran 3 raids in short order and short manned. All went smoothly and efficiently thanks to the skill and teamwork of the guild members. They were very gracious to me as their guest and also kind to another newer player they were showing the ropes to.

They have great communication and good friendly banter which for me is a big plus.
    Thanks for the compliments sig it was a blast and we would be glad to have ya along anytime.

I wanted to give a shout out to The Madborn. Thanks for having my hubby as a guest in your raid group! It means a lot to me that he really enjoyed questing with you. Hopefully, in the following week i'll get to either quest or raid with The Madborn soon!
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

Default Bump and Plug

Madborn is a great place to be if you want to enjoy your in game experience with achieving some loot and XP while having a good time.

It is mostly filled with competent players (except that guy Kraak--stay away from him) and good people. I would recommend them to anyone over my guild as my guild is filled with the Devil. But everyone already knows this so just stating the obvious.

Good people, good times. What more can you ask for?
    Khyber
    R e v e n a n t s Renowned
    Thelanis

Shameless bump and a thanks for all the comments

BTW Clay, sadly the Kraak guy is on a break from game atm RL stuff so no need to be scared lol

The madborn are a joy to see in any PuG.

I first hung out with them when Amrath came out and Kraak was still around, and numerous times since then

to this day they are on the very short list of guilds that I would join when Thor and I get over our guild commitment issues and join one.

also I should be back in game after Tuesday 11th the wraps up my brutal grad school semester

see ya then fellas, send a tell anytime you need a dirty Pugger to fill out a quest or raid.

-Runix
    ________________One of Two Kings_________________
    *Runix*Lazarath*Drednauht*Slaadi*Malrauthin*Umaru*

Quote Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
    The madborn are a joy to see in any PuG.

I first hung out with them when Amrath came out and Kraak was still around, and numerous times since then

to this day they are on the very short list of guilds that I would join when Thor and I get over our guild commitment issues and join one.

also I should be back in game after Tuesday 11th the wraps up my brutal grad school semester

see ya then fellas, send a tell anytime you need a dirty Pugger to fill out a quest or raid.

-Runix
    And we would be happy to have you guys.

Thx for the reply and we are still recruiting

Talking

THE ONE TRUE SPELL

"In ancient days, sorcerers sought to learn the One True Spell that would give them power over all the world and understanding of all magic. Some said they'd found it, but men were usually dismissed as crazed.

I saw one of these "crazed" mages myself. He could ignore spells cast at him as if they did not exist, or work any magic himself by silent thought alone. I did not think he was mad-but at peace, driven by urges and vices no longer. He told me the One True Spell was a women, that her name was Mystra-and that her kisses were wonderful"

King Doomhammer yr kahzadoom goes home.
    Last edited by die; 06-15-2010 at 03:08 PM.
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by die View Post
    yes great group of people, ive been a member now for a week, its great too be back home on xoriat
    THE ONE TRUE SPELL

"In ancient days, sorcerers sought to learn the One True Spell that would give them power over all the world and understanding of all magic. Some said they'd found it, but men were usually dismissed as crazed.

I saw one of these "crazed" mages myself. He could ignore spells cast at him as if they did not exist, or work any magic himself by silent thought alone. I did not think he was mad-but at peace, driven by urges and vices no longer. He told me the One True Spell was a women, that her name was Mystra-and that her kisses were wonderful"

King Doomhammer yr kahzadoom goes home.
    Glad ya joined us good to have people come back especially from old Xoriat.

Now we are still recruiting and looking for good players we have gained a few good people in last couple weeks and looking for a few more.

Again if interested look me up in game or PM me here. Or any of the officers Lev mentioned in post.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast