Community Member

Default At What Levels do you get Feat Selection

Hello, I am new to DDO and I just want to know if anyone here is able to tell me at what levels do you get new feat selection. I believe I get one at level 3 but I would like to know at what other levels do I get to select new feats.

Depends on what your class is.

All classes get feats at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15 and 18.

Fighters get extra class feats at level 1 and on every even level after that.

Wizards get extra class feats on every 5th level.

Monks get extra class feats at lvls 1, 2, 3 and 6.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Default More...

Rogues Get extra class feats at 10, 12, 15, 18
    Currently active

Rogue class feats differ substantially from Fighter/Wizard class feats, in that the ONLY way to get them is via those special rogue selections, where Fighters/Wizards (or pretty much anyone else...with rare exceptions, like weapon specialization) can take F/W "class" feats as a normal feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Rogue class feats differ substantially from Fighter/Wizard class feats, in that the ONLY way to get them is via those special rogue selections, where Fighters/Wizards (or pretty much anyone else...with rare exceptions, like weapon specialization) can take F/W "class" feats as a normal feat.
    Favored souls also get class specific feats at 1, 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, and 20. And rangers get their favoured enemy feats at 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20. Again, those are class specific choices. Not general feats,

Default More...

Class specific feats do, indeed, vary substantially by class - some are a fairly large subset of the regular feat pool, some are specific to that class and are indeed only available in those choices.

There are also automatic feats, such as class selection ones (heavy armour for cleric/paladin/fighter/fvs on creation or first level) or trip & sunder armour (that everyone gets at level 2) or class specific automatics, such as the ranger twf ones.
    Currently active

Favored souls also get class specific feats at 1, 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, and 20. And rangers get their favoured enemy feats at 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20. Again, those are class specific choices. Not general feats,
    Favored Souls choices are a tidbit limited. The diety you choose at chargen dictates all of the weapon feats you get after that.

When someone says "choose a feat", I generally tend it to assume they are talking about making, well...choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Favored Souls choices are a tidbit limited. The diety you choose at chargen dictates all of the weapon feats you get after that.

When someone says "choose a feat", I generally tend it to assume they are talking about making, well...choices.
    That's only two of the feats. (3 and 12)

And the ones at 5-10-15 are energy resists, meaning you take 3 out of 5 available options. That does not really qualify as "choices" to me, particularly since anyone with 1/100th of a functioning brain is going to take Fire for one of them. If it was 3 out of 10 (viable) possibilities...that would represent a choice.