Community Member

Default Change Combat expertise

Now I realize having casting break combat expertise has good intentions, otherwise you just gave every caster +5 Ac as they dont care about their mellee + to hit. However, this really doesnt make sense when it comes to a monks special attacks. Monks should be able to sit in either power attack or combat expertise and spam off whatever finishers they please without having to reapply CE. I don't think anyone would disagree with me here.

As it stands, it would be difficult for a caster to attain a meaningful enough AC to even warrant getting CE. This may not be the case with druids if they are ever available, but they arent. And when I say "caster" I dont mean a self buffing FVS/cleric mellee type, I mean someone whose primary role is to be actively casting spells. Since I'd assume finshers are coded as spells and thus break CE, just do us all a favor and remove that aspect of CE. Just about every caster would still continue to complety ignore AC and CE and if a few oddballs decided, "hey I want to be an armored/AC caster" who cares? That means an investment into feats,dex and int for everyone besides a wizards, so the extra AC isnt even a complete freebie.

Removing the spellcasting cancelation part of CE would help the classes that actually use/need it, and for those who would potentially "abuse" it, GOOD! It's about time we have the option to make a different kind of caster. Even a pure caster type cleric for example, they were never intended to be as squishy as they are in mellee.

Community Member

I think it should be exempt when using buff clickies. When I want to use my greensteel to cast stoneskin, I always have to click CE on again and it is somewhat anoying, and does nto impact game play in any way that would warrant this.

Mentor

Cool Disagree...

Having played several characters who use CE, i would have to disagree with implementing a change like this. I feel the skill is used to imply..that I am attempting to be more aware of what is happening in this battle. I will use my CE to make myself a bit more defensive minded during this combat. Damm, need to heal and my fire protection needs replenishing...Ok now where was I..ah yes...CE and back to melee.
    I feel this helps me stay focused during combat. if It just stayed on endlessly...blah blah blah...
    Hope you see my point of view though.

Good Luck!
    Dravun , Yocoba, Daivik, and so many more.
    Proud to serve the Imperial Assassins!
    Do not drink the awesome-sauce......One must BE the awesome-sauce.