Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Arcane Prodigy

  1. #21
    Community Member Visty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    So the ultimate archer is now a Ftr who was formally a Sor?!
    looks like

    im totally thinking now of swapping 11 of my rangers levels to sorcerer befor i TR her

    just to be pure then
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    0
    *insert axe*
    o o

  2. #22
    Developer Eladrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Marlborough, MA
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    So the ultimate archer is now a Ftr who was formally a Sor?!
    Unfortunately, you won't have any spell points to power your Arcane Archer abilities as a pure class fighter, even with Arcane Prodigy - like the Past Life, the spell points are only granted to those that actually possess a spell point pool.

    The thought was that Arcane Prodigy is "Mental Toughness Plus", so if Mental Toughness was a valid prereq, it should be one too.

  3. #23
    Community Member Kaervas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Unfortunately, you won't have any spell points to power your Arcane Archer abilities as a pure class fighter, even with Arcane Prodigy - like the Past Life, the spell points are only granted to those that actually possess a spell point pool.

    The thought was that Arcane Prodigy is "Mental Toughness Plus", so if Mental Toughness was a valid prereq, it should be one too.
    Ohhhhh. I see now.

  4. #24
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    10,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Unfortunately, you won't have any spell points to power your Arcane Archer abilities as a pure class fighter, even with Arcane Prodigy - like the Past Life, the spell points are only granted to those that actually possess a spell point pool.

    The thought was that Arcane Prodigy is "Mental Toughness Plus", so if Mental Toughness was a valid prereq, it should be one too.
    Ah...didn't think about that. Thx.


    Which raises some serious questions on what to do about my archer.....now that it looks like I'll be able to respect him and get kensei III. And now that Bow Str is a selectible feat.

    What should my other two lvls be? Hmmm....?
    Sor2 maybe? Although I had planned for Wiz1 and got him an 11 Int already.
    Last edited by Talon_Moonshadow; 01-08-2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Unfortunately, you won't have any spell points to power your Arcane Archer abilities as a pure class fighter
    That is what's been happening with things like that, but the in-game descriptions don't support it. For example, Arcane Archer provides a bonus to spellpoints, which could be expected to bring a pure fighter up from zero to a usable number.

  6. #26
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    What should my other two lvls be? Hmmm....?
    Sor2 maybe? Although I had planned for Wiz1 and got him an 11 Int already.
    Yeah, definitely a build to think about when I have the time...

    Since you're stuck with level 1 spells, I might just go FvS, at least +1/+1 from Divine Favor will have some use throughout your entire career. Still get Nightshield for Magic Missile protection too, but I can't think of many level 1 Arcane spells (cast at caster level 2) that would have much use...I guess Shield, maybe.

    You could always go weird and go 1 Sorc/1 FvS, hehehe.

  7. #27
    Community Member KristovK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    That is what's been happening with things like that, but the in-game descriptions don't support it. For example, Arcane Archer provides a bonus to spellpoints, which could be expected to bring a pure fighter up from zero to a usable number.
    If your class doesn't have SP, bonuses to SP are totally useless regardless of where you acquire them, since you don't have SP to begin with. A Past Life feat that gives EXTRA SP is obviously not going to do so if you don't have SP for it to work on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload