Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Lamannia Character Copy Now Available!

The ability to copy characters to Lamannia is now available! Click here to learn more!

W00T! I take it this means Lama will be up shortly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    if you want a challange, grab 5 strangers, park them at the quest entrance and then solo the quest

if you want even more challange, let those 5 help you

Quote Originally Posted by Xenus_Paradox View Post
    W00T! I take it this means Lama will be up shortly?
    It's up RIGHT NOW

Ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

After I copy 2 of my character on live server to lamannia, I login into lamannia and found out that I only have 2 character available to play (instead of have 10 before i do the copy thing)

Is it WAI or some bug occur ?
    [ Fernia / Ghallanda ]
    -- Role of the Combat Cleric : We fight for our party's survival --

Quote Originally Posted by samho View Post
    After I copy 2 of my character on live server to lamannia, I login into lamannia and found out that I only have 2 character available to play (instead of have 10 before i do the copy thing)

Is it WAI or some bug occur ?
    As per the character copy caveats, your character slots you have unlocked on live do not copy over to lamannia. Any previous purchases that were made on lamannia are also not there any more.

Dear Tolero,

What I want to get clarify was: Will the character copy remove the character you already have on lamannia already?

My sitaution was:

Before the copy,

I would have 11 character slot total on Lamannia which have 10 character (include 2 character I decide to copy from the live server).

I also have 11 character on live with 12 character slot total.

After I did the copy (I select 2 of my live character for the copying):

I have 2 character on Lamannia with 10 character slot total (so I have 8 empty character slot right now). I also lost the ability to access to my share bank on Lamannia, everytime I interactive with banker, I got the message even with single interactive:

! Bank

You must wait a moment before interacting with bank again.

If this is WAI, I would suggest giving some warning for the players who decide to do character copy about the wipe out of lamannia character. And I would assume the inability to access to share bank might be some sort of bank as well.

Nevertheless, the character copy service was still great since I can use my live gear to test thing out, which we beg to implement for a long long while.
    [ Fernia / Ghallanda ]

Quote Originally Posted by samho View Post
    If this is WAI, I would suggest giving some warning for the players who decide to do character copy about the wipe out of lamannia character. And I would assume the inability to access to share bank might be some sort of bank as well.

There is, and has always been, such a warning here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    NOTE: Due to the fact that Lamannia is a preview server, Turbine cannot guarantee constant content functionality on Lamannia. Permanent character residence is also not guaranteed, as Lamannia may be subject to character wipes as they become necessary.

it's about time! :O
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    There is, and has always been, such a warning here.
    We know this is the beta server, but I believe that as a beta tester (or something like that, whoever play on beta server), one of our function was try to figure out what's wrong (bug) or what's WAI, that's why I post my issue here. If it's a WAI, then I have no problem about it but hope they have more detail available for people who use the service. If it's a bug, then we could hope to see it get fixed.
    [ Fernia / Ghallanda ]

Gweater Dwagonmark of Fwiends (2009) (2010) Girlbrush's Avatar

Sweet! Can't wait to test out the new reincarnations!

Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found
    Showing related results for: http://my.ddo.com/charactercopy
    this is what i get every time i try to follow your instructions. i am logged into myddo.com and it is saying basically doesn't exist is there some other way to do this??
    Mess with the best die like the rest then i take all your loot!!!!
    Dinobot(20rog)Grimlocc(20pally)Blaqq(20rogTR)Lutte(13rog/1brb/6rng)Rattrap(8rog/1rng)Optymoss(14brb/2ftr/4rog)Swoopp(18brb)Snarrl(14ftr)Bumblbee(20mnk)Ultramagnuss(20fvs)LtData(1rog/14wiz)

Yahoo! 404 - Page Not Found

shame I wanted to do some more testing.
    Mabar - Ransacked.

Sure was nice of Turbine to give us our guild its own avatar.

Thank you. Testing will be much better now!
    Unofficial Dark Wizard of The Hand of the Black Tower

WOW. Thanks!

I think the new character transfer thing is acting up. I went to premium a month back on live to test it out for a few months so when I used transfer for Lamannia it said I could pick 5 characters to move over from my live account. No problem until I logged into Lamannia and noticed only 2 characters were active, 1 was greyed out and the last two were greyed out with the "buy Now" button attached to it.

The problem is, the two "Buy Now" characters is my drow wizard with over 2600+ favor on it. I had to buy it to use it. The other was my Favored Soul character which was also already unlocked, strangely enough by the high favored drow wizard on live months ago. So I lost out on about 1300 TP's to unlock a slot for an my elf ranger and another slot for drow "status" ability use. Why? Not the least of which I am wary of even spending more points just to unlock my FvS which is still greyed out with a "Buy Now" next to her.

Obviously I more than qualify for drow status from YEARS ago, yet it is acting like I do not have one character with 400 favor? I have like 7 characters with a minimum of around 2200+ favor on each of them. It makes no sense.

Also, I am more than qualified to unlock favored souls with 2600+ favor on that drow mage which originally unlocked it on live. Yet, it is locked up on Lamannia?

I think what happened is it is acting as though I am on a F2P account when I am in fact Premium and it has ignored any favor I earned to unlock drow or favored souls. Not that it really matters but can it be fixed so I have my premium account back on Lammania and I get my wasted TP's there as well? Sure, those TP's are fake there but it is less TP's I have to be able to unlock or test things there. Any help, please?
    Proud Leader of the Shadowhand.

A is A. -John Galt

Default Come on

Error 404 Bugged, whats the deal??? does it actually exist??
    *-_AlTS_-*
    Gorebot-Salvagebot-zyklade-graithor-flamne

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quanefel View Post
    it has ignored any favor I earned to unlock drow or favored souls.
    I logged in on a character with more than 400 favor, spoke to Nyx and logged out. Now my Drow characters are playable again (with no TPs spent).

Did not try with FS.

Quote Originally Posted by blahdblahdblahd View Post
    Error 404 Bugged, whats the deal??? does it actually exist??
    Try logging out of my.DDO
    Then go to my.DDO/charactercopy (you should get an error 'only players with beta access can copy characters' or similar)
    You will then be given a 404
    Press 'Back' and you may get to the Character Copy screen.
    Last edited by TechNoFear; 01-08-2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

i finally got to copy 5 characters but it said one failed and won't let me try it again or a different charcter. is there anyway to fix this?
    Mess with the best die like the rest then i take all your loot!!!!
    Dinobot(20rog)Grimlocc(20pally)Blaqq(20rogTR)Lutte(13rog/1brb/6rng)Rattrap(8rog/1rng)Optymoss(14brb/2ftr/4rog)Swoopp(18brb)Snarrl(14ftr)Bumblbee(20mnk)Ultramagnuss(20fvs)LtData(1rog/14wiz)

Quote Originally Posted by TechNoFear View Post
    Try logging out of my.DDO
    Then go to my.DDO/charactercopy (you should get an error 'only players with beta access can copy characters' or similar)
    You will then be given a 404
    Press 'Back' and you may get to the Character Copy screen.
    I got into the character copy page doing this, but someone needs to look at the DNS setup for that page because I still get a 404 if I try to go there directly.

See you in Stormreach, Shamguard "I am THE Rogue."
    Practice doesn't make Perfect. Practice make Permanent. Patience makes Perfect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast