Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default +1 Lesser Reincarnation Feedback

By giving Kruz a +1 Lesser Druidic Heart of Wood, you may respec a character and retain your level. Additionally, with a +1 Lesser Druidic Heart of Wood, you will be able to change your class for one of your levels. The level you decide to do the class swap is entirely up to you. You may +1 Lesser Reincarnate repeatedly, though you must wait for the cooldown timer before you can reincarnate again.

NOTE: During the reincarnation process you re-train each level of your character one at a time, confirming each as you go. Once you accept the class/abilities for that level with the trainer, you may not back out of the class change. Be extra certain of what class you'd like to be at each level before you confirm training a class swap!

Default Love to try it, but...

I don't have 1795 points on Lammania.

Any chance of giving us a way to get points (that does not involve $$$), or making the items considerably cheaper?

With +1 and +3 LRs can you change alignment and will this prohibit changing into alignment based classes?
    Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    With +1 and +3 LRs can you change alignment
    Not according to the release notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Archer View Post
    With +1 and +3 LRs can you change alignment and will this prohibit changing into alignment based classes?
    Didn't let me last night when I did the +1.

Default +1 Lesser Reincarnation Feedback

I copied over my very first toon ever, who is now a bank toon due to kinda botching him up He is a 15 Ranger / 1 Cleric / 1 Rogue. I was hoping to get rid of the level of cleric and I have the gear to rework him as a playable character with the new content. So here is my experience. I purchased the +1 lesser heart of wood and used it to reincarnate. I went through the character generation just fine and logged back onto the ship. This is where we could use a little help please. Being that this character was created almost 4 years ago, I could not remember the exact progression of classes that I took first, second, ect. I went second level rogue and it used up my +1 class respec. The only options available following that were to continue my previous class progressions. So this toon ends up a 14 ranger / 2 rogue / 1 cleric.

Suggestions to fix this problem:

Add in a WARNING: you are about to use your +1 respec" or something to that degree to let the player know that THIS is the one use of the heart.

Add in the previous class progression that was used the first time for the character.

Either way, there just needs to be something informing the player that the use is being applied on THIS option somehow to avoid confusion and end up like I did. Not enough points to try this again, loss of valuable points, and still a botched fairly unplayable character.

Thanks
    Zeeker

Founder

If anyone else is going to test the +1 or +3 reincarnations soon, could you please report what happens when you try to (for example) swap in a barb or bard level on a lawful character? Or swap in a pally or monk level on a non-lawful character? It seems silly to me that they would take the time to let you swap in levels but not anticipate that some of them would require an alignment change.

I second that motion... Can we get some feedback either from a player or a developer that the +1 and +3 will or will not allow alignment shifting.

It should, otherwise you cant swap to or from alignment controlled classes...
    Ghinsuu, Spikey, Preying, , Pyroclastic
    Khyber, Jesters Court

***Your Vip Account Has Been Cancelled***

Default How about Race?

Any plans to allow a Race change? I have a character where I'd like to respec from Human to Halfling, and still keep the same class, same level split, etc.

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

I tried this +1 lesser reincarnation on a 4 monk 6 paladin to play around with the monk changes. I chose the +1 lesser because I did not receive a choice to take a plain lesser. But I did get a choice of a plain greater even though this is a 32 point build.

I followed the character generation for a first level monk right up to the end and clicked on create.

It then gave me an error message
    "This character can not be created"
    very unhelpful.

So I went back in the process and double checked I was doing everything correct and lawful to the rules and when I got to the final screen again this time my alignment was available to be changed. I left it LG and received the same error message again. this greyed out the create button and I had to go back several steps and swap a feat and then swap it back and then move forward again to the create screen. I changed the alignment to LN (the only other option available because Monk) and received the same error message again.

Suffice to say I gave up.

Things of note:
    Character name: Steeley
    Origin server: Khyber
    Imported ~20 mins prior to attempting to reincarnate.
    Original first level taken on Live was Monk for the skill points.

Things I had no choice to change:
    Race
    Sex
    character path (had to customise)
    Alignment until going back and forward in the process as described above
    name

What I was doing differently to live
    Was trying to take TWF in the class feat and toughness in the level 1 feat slot.
    I also tried swapping the feats into each slot Ie toughness as the class feat and twf as the level 1 feat. No dice.
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

So that is an affirmative that alignment IS changeable with +1 and +3?

Can someone please confirm or deny this?

Tolero? Eladrin?
    Khyber, Jesters Court

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenx View Post
    So that is an affirmative that alignment IS changeable with +1 and +3?

Can someone please confirm or deny this?

Tolero? Eladrin?

Unfortunately it is NOT.
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Unfortunately it is NOT.
    Is this by design or technical challenge?
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    Is this by design or technical challenge?
    The latter. We're looking into a solution though, but it won't be for Update 3.
    The kobold cannot be marked as junk because it cannot be sold. You can destroy it by dragging and dropping it outside your inventory.

I wouldn't want to add the code for alignment change unless it was to a reincarnation: all levels adjustable.

I guess you could restrict the alignment change to valid alignments for the current set of classes. This would make people that had 2 barbo levels but wanted to switch them to two monk have to first lsr reinc:3 to remove the barbo (but not get monk classes) and then lsr reinc:3 with alignment change to pickup the monk levels. But that's a pretty complex route to explain to someone.

If you really want to change alignment... TR.... aka, nuke your toon from orbit... it's the only way to be sure.
    Happy 14th DDO.

Ya but that's silly... it completely limits the usefulness of +1 and +3... You wont be able to cross swap barb... pally.. or monk... basically anything with alignment restrictions.

Understood on the technical challenges... Coding is a PITA...

Hope it makes it in soonish ... I really wanna dual role my lil guy, but there's a chaotic and 4 +3 tomes (i don't wanna loose) in the way.

Oh and thanks for the reply.
    Khyber, Jesters Court

I had an issue doing a reincarnate +1 on my 14/1 Cleric/Ftr. I was swapping out the fighter level to go pure cleric, fighter was my second level.

The process worked fine except the display during my ability point application at 4th, 8th, etc. When applying the ability point the information on my current stat (WIS) was wrong. It's as if it still reflected enhancements spent for my wisdom. For example, I started with an 18 wisdom, at 4th level it reflected a 19 wisdom and allowed me to add one. This process continued. Please note NO TOMES were involved until the +2 tome at level seven. Even with the +2 tome the result was still off from level 8 on.

Once the process completed, the wisdom showed correctly on my character sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Unfortunately it is NOT.
    /fail
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    /fail
    QFT - was just about to type that myself!
    +1

On topic...
    Despite being told that you will be able to select new spells if adding additional Wizard levels, this was not the way it worked in game. I was not given the opportunity when getting new Wiz lvls and as such was unable to select any new spells. This meant that I could not try out the new lvl9 spells