Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WF Love/Hate

Default WF Love/Hate

So Happosaai and I decided to re-roll our mains since part of our static group dissolved. We figured since we were going to be doing the duo thing a lot, that we would roll up WF. I went with the WF Paladin, and he is a WF Rogue/Wiz. We have been talking about grouping more, but my primary concern is how much love/hate there is for WF both on Khyber and here in DDO overall.

Quote Originally Posted by flynnjsw View Post
    So Happosaai and I decided to re-roll our mains since part of our static group dissolved. We figured since we were going to be doing the duo thing a lot, that we would roll up WF. I went with the WF Paladin, and he is a WF Rogue/Wiz. We have been talking about grouping more, but my primary concern is how much love/hate there is for WF both on Khyber and here in DDO overall.
    Last night i was running a WF Fvs 11 in Stormcleave on elite and there was a dwarf cleric 9 in the party.

As soon as the group formed i saw the dwarf, lets call him "Mel" say "I don't care what you think, I don't heal WF"

My reply was "That's okay, I don't heal idiots, so your safe"

After we finished the mission, a couple of times we almost wiped, but at the end I think I got through his thick skull some and he could see how well WF can perform when played right. Unlike his dwarf which constantly ran out of SP, i was able to keep the party moving forward

If you're not Intelligent enough to play a wiz, make a sorc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gossamerblade
    Like it or not, some jerks justify their existence by spoiling others' good times.

Love WF period, even when i play my cleric. Most wf are powerhouses and a group of them can usally do quest above there lvl. Anyone that has hate "blah blah blah, my cleric is a gimp and cant heal". I just laugh, pull the 100 stack of pots to the hot bar and forget about any agro near them, there minds often change when all they do is heal themselfs and wonder why your non-healable WF hp bar is always full.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

The good news is I always have at least 1 repair spell slotted at all times, so I can keep healing us both if we get a healer who hates the forged ones ;-)
    Fullmental Lobotomy: Warforged 2Rog/18Wiz Catharxis: Drow 10Ranger/2Rog | Knobstomper: Dwarf 4Bard/2Rog/2Ftr
    Meatjob: Warforged 5 FvS | Tronjeremy: HOrc 4 Monk

Quote Originally Posted by karnokvolrath View Post
    Love WF period, even when i play my cleric. Most wf are powerhouses and a group of them can usally do quest above there lvl. Anyone that has hate "blah blah blah, my cleric is a gimp and cant heal". I just laugh, pull the 100 stack of pots to the hot bar and forget about any agro near them, there minds often change when all they do is heal themselfs and wonder why your non-healable WF hp bar is always full.

Well if I am going to be grouping, then wands are going to be my "stack-o-pots"...lol

Well if I am going to be grouping, then wands are going to be my "stack-o-pots"...lol
    When available, only one of my WF has the umd to use them, the other is a sorc (so self healing), one barb (pots), and the other is a ranger and i find the good repair pots seem to work better then the self healing wands that rangers get by defalt, saving the ranger sp for tight spots i cant stop to drink and or buffs. That being said i will often hand a caster a repair wand and just ask him, to keep an eye but dont make it your priority.
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

My experience is that WF are generally accepted. Sure you are going to have a few sour apples in the bunch that refuse to heal/repair WF but for the most part if you are aware of your own healing penalty and support with pots, most clerics wont have a problem. Particularly at lower levels (below 10), if the WF melee in group does not help out with his/her own repair pots and some healers friend enhancements/items, the cleric will not be able to keep up all party members all of the time. This can be frustrating for those healer types that really take pride in keeping their party alive throughout the entire quest.
    Anjoa-Plase-Thatsmine-Tacoe-Gizmodo-Booch-Khonn-Konnto-Khonno-Khonni-Khonne
    The Free Companions

I got nothing against WF, but then again I'm a Wizard so I can always grab Reconstruct if the WF(s) in my party don't happen to have healer's friend or we outright don't have a Cleric on board. I carry about half a tab of repair wands with me aswell if things come down to it.

I do, however, have a problem with WFs that don't realise they really can't be healed without the enhancements and start causing drama when they die, cussing at the Cleric for letting him die.

~ Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil. ~

Of my 9 characters, 7 are WF.

I enjoy them very much. I don't ever have too much trouble.

Occasionally you get someone who had a bad experience with an idiot playing a WF and they assume you are the same. I don't try to change their mind but I will drop their soul stone in lava if the opportunity presents itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazeous View Post
    I do, however, have a problem with idiots playing WFs that don't realise they can't be healed as easily without the enhancements and start causing drama when they die, cussing at the Cleric for letting him die.
    Fixed for you.
    you're attaching a stigma to the player's race when the player is the one to blame, these problems can arise no matter the race of the PC. Many a times I've seen fleshlings with a 100% reduction to healing because they are idiots.
    Last edited by Minor_Threat; 01-06-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheona777 View Post
    I am proud of this forum post because it shows my ego and my pride. Yahoo Answers! was only to poll others on what they thought of the situation. I know I am in the right and I am always right.

Basically I i think the WF race is fine.

However, in PUGs the likelyhood of a WF to be a stupid kid is higher than other races. Of course you are a nice guy/girl, howver its only statistics.

My second issue is more with wizards sometimes when having WFs in the party, when I go as FvS I do heal WFs of course, but when the WF/Barbarian continously sucks up mana like a sponge I ask the wizards at the next shrine do stack a reconstruct spell to help me. Both, "I don't care", "I don't have the spell", the WF, "whats your problem, just heal me." Pleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazeous View Post
    I do, however, have a problem with WFs that don't realise they really can't be healed without the enhancements and start causing drama when they die, cussing at the Cleric for letting him die.
    Those are the flip side of the same coin of people like the cleric Ash mentioned. I have 4 WF and 3 have Healer's Friend II, the 4th is a Wizard and self heals.

Although like Ash, my WF FvS was pugging and was told by a cleric that he doesn't heal WF. I just laughed and ignored him.
    Raelg Iron-Fist
    Others ruffians: Gog, Magogg, Quikksilver, Brux, Conor, Conspiracy, & Brewdawg
    PESTILENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Raelg14 View Post
    Those are the flip side of the same coin of people like the cleric Ash mentioned. I have 4 WF and 3 have Healer's Friend II, the 4th is a Wizard and self heals.

Although like Ash, my WF FvS was pugging and was told by a cleric that he doesn't heal WF. I just laughed and ignored him.
    Seeing they be livewood... would it not be nice just to fertilize and water them occasionally, oh and spray them down - keep those pesky insects away. Keep them warm in the greenhouse or bring them in when you know frost come morn. Make sure you prune them or you'll never see fruit. Still do not fret if you lack a green thumb... toss the old one away when it's whithering and go buy a new one...

Last edited by Emili; 01-06-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

Seeing they be livewood... would it not be nice just to fertilize and water them occasionally, oh and spray them down - keep those pesky insects away. Keep them warm in the greenhouse or bring them in when you know frost come morn. Make sure you prune them or you'll never see fruit. Still do not fret if you lack a green thumb... toss the old one away when it's whithering and go buy a new one...

ROFL OK thats a good one +1 Rep for sir. Oh and nice sig! Éirinn Go Brách indeed!!
    Raelg Iron-Fist
    Others ruffians: Gog, Magogg, Quikksilver, Brux, Conor, Conspiracy, & Brewdawg
    PESTILENCE

removed
    Last edited by zorander6; 01-21-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Is this healing issue really that much of a problem? Granted, I've seen people react poorly to having WF members in pug's. Yet I thought this was more due to some of the barbs out there demanding heals/haste/displacement/rage/repair or reconstruct constantly. To those players I've decided that if I am wasting over 2/3rds of my spellpoints on one character to keep them going, something is wrong. I'm not partial any longer to the whining over the mic and just use the squelch function. I'd like to have fun playing as well, and I didn't sign up to be that type of player's personal assistant/towel boy.

Healing a wf is a wizzy thing I thought. And though I have no problem doing it, (I often do it without being asked), I've been of the opinion that it isn't up to the cleric to be their main source of heals. More of a utility thing if someone has the spell points to spare. Even using repair serious dmg works pretty well for me at level 16 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

I'm just wondering what fruit a Warforged Tree would sprout...lol

+1 Miss Em

playing WF toons is like driving a truck.......................seriously...

Live to serve party and raid members as best as I can.

Why would a cleric deny warforged his share of MCMW?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivalavida View Post
    playing WF toons is like driving a truck.......................seriously...
    Really? Hmmm, something's remain unsaid 'bout the felling one experiences when a strong muscular man helps you up for a ride in his lorry.

I'm just wondering what fruit a Warforged Tree would sprout...lol

+1 Miss Em
    Remains to be seen ... mind wonders also, imagine quite succulent and think with seed? Yes?

Last edited by Emili; 01-06-2010 at 07:58 PM.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

On Cannith on my newest paladin. I hit up a tor lfm and a party mbr started swinging at me and said Die F****** WF right after i met up with the group.. All i did up to that point was say hello... Then i dropped group... I have honstly never had someone do that before..
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast