Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to post images.

1 Make sure you know where your image is.

2 Go to WWW.imageshack.us

3 Click browse

4 Find the image you want to upload and select it.

5 Click open.

6 Click Start Upload

7 Select the text in the top box and hit the "Ctrl" key and "C" key on your keyboard at the same time to copy it.

8 Go to your DDO post and select the place you want to incert the image.

9 Click the insert image box

10 Paste the URL in the popup box. To do this hit the "Ctrl" key and "V" key on your keyboard at the same time to paste.
    11 Click OK

12 Complete the post as usual.

You now have the image you wanted in the post.
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

THANK YOU!!!

I'm a forum lazy and could never be bothered to figure this out.

+1 rep.
    "Funny 'Ha-Ha, or Funny 'Uh-oh...'?
    Probably Funny 'Uh-Oh.'"
    Khyber - Mesaana, Samaeila Suncrusher

Community Member

Nice guide, +rep

Folks, remember that not all boards allow image posting. If you can't find the "insert image" icon () then that board doesn't allow image posting.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

How'd you get that ui with the b, the u and all the smiley's at the side to appear? I just have two white spots; one for title, one for message.

I have to manually put the img url inside [img], to bold, I use [b] etc...
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    Nice guide, +rep

Folks, remember that not all boards allow image posting. If you can't find the "insert image" icon () then that board doesn't allow image posting.
    EVen if the forum doesnt allow images, you can still link to the image on Image shack(Or whatever hosting site you use).

The outline here is great for the second half of whats involved in Posting Images, But I think there are just as many problems before you get to that point....

If you want to take a screenshot In-Game, the process is quite Simple. Hit CTRL-P. Whatever you are currently looking at is instantly saved as a Jpg in
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online

These are saved in the format of "ScreenShotxxxxx.jpg" where the higher the number, the more recent the screenshot.

SInce these are jpg's they are generally quite small and can be used with services like Imageshack easily.

Sometimes you want a little better quality though. Thats where "PrtSc" Comes in.

Getting an image from "PrtSc" is rather confusing for most folks... "Print Screen" doesnt actualy Print the screen anywhere. It simply adds the screen your looking at to your virtual clipboard. Once you hit PRTSC, open up an image editing program like PAINT (Everyone has this and it works just fine) and hit CTRL-V. This will Paste the image to the editor! WAHLAH! you can now save it as whatever format you wish. BMP will preserve the original quality of the image but the file will be very large in size. This is often the best format to use if you are trying to get an image of a weapon or item description. Once the file is saved as a BMP, you can then Crop the image to show just the item description your after. Save that Smaller Image to reduce the size of the file and provide a very legible image!
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    EVen if the forum doesnt allow images, you can still link to the image on Image shack(Or whatever hosting site you use).

The outline here is great for the second half of whats involved in Posting Images, But I think there are just as many problems before you get to that point....

If you want to take a screenshot In-Game, the process is quite Simple. Hit CTRL-P. Whatever you are currently looking at is instantly saved as a Jpg in
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online

These are saved in the format of "ScreenShotxxxxx.jpg" where the higher the number, the more recent the screenshot.

SInce these are jpg's they are generally quite small and can be used with services like Imageshack easily.

Sometimes you want a little better quality though. Thats where "PrtSc" Comes in.

Getting an image from "PrtSc" is rather confusing for most folks... "Print Screen" doesnt actualy Print the screen anywhere. It simply adds the screen your looking at to your virtual clipboard. Once you hit PRTSC, open up an image editing program like PAINT (Everyone has this and it works just fine) and hit CTRL-V. This will Paste the image to the editor! WAHLAH! you can now save it as whatever format you wish. BMP will preserve the original quality of the image but the file will be very large in size. This is often the best format to use if you are trying to get an image of a weapon or item description. Once the file is saved as a BMP, you can then Crop the image to show just the item description your after. Save that Smaller Image to reduce the size of the file and provide a very legible image!
    To add to this, ctrl-alt-PrtSc will save an image of your currently focused window instead of your full desktop.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    To add to this, ctrl-alt-PrtSc will save an image of your currently focused window instead of your full desktop.
    DOnt need CTRL there. Just ALT-PRTSC.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Nice nav bar! lol
    hhmm "where does he get all those toys?"

Half way through new banner image for site, using SOME of the methods listed

Nice thread
    Last edited by ferd; 01-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Nice nav bar! lol
    The nav bar? In the pictures? Thats just Google Chrome I believe....
    Thelanis

Sev~

no! torrent links bud

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

The browser in the screenshots is Google Chrome. It has some nifty features including the bar of links you mentioned.
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

I personally endorse Photobucket over ImageShack these days... but a good guide none the less!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Nice nav bar! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhaven View Post
    The browser in the screenshots is Google Chrome. It has some nifty features including the bar of links you mentioned.
    /facepalm

He's talking about the bookmarks toolbar link names:
    "EZTV"
    "The Pirate Bay"
    "isoHunt"
    "TorrentFreak"

"Where does he get all those toys" as in, "where have you been getting your movies from?"
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

I know you have it disabled but +1 anyways for being useful

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

anyone know why I do not have an "insert image" option at all here in ddo forums?

Quote Originally Posted by smilinJ View Post
    anyone know why I do not have an "insert image" option at all here in ddo forums?
    because you dont have advanced posting things when you just respond to a thread

but you can just use the [img] tamgs by hand, it will work too

[*img]yourlink[/img*]

(without the stars * ofc)
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Community Member

ok i can post images now with the [img] trick thanx

Community Member

Default test

Hmm failed - I appear to be incompetent
    Last edited by donblas; 06-07-2011 at 05:55 AM. Reason: failed

Community Member

" Click the insert image box " <-----I donot see this, all i have are post icon options and nothing else :/

Quote Originally Posted by wootvenu View Post
    " Click the insert image box " <-----I donot see this, all i have are post icon options and nothing else :/
    You will have to enable it first

Click User CP, then Edit Options, then scroll all the way down to Miscellaneous Options. It is the first choice (under Miscellaneous Options).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast