Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by redraider View Post
    The deluge of ranged rangers that has come in with DDO:EU, which we had almost eliminated from the game when the cap was 16, has nearly ruined the ranger name.

I just send grps like this a tell "baddest twf tempest in game - you want dps and killing fast, I'm your man". Almost always get accepted. The claim isn't really ture, I'm sure there are lots of bigger badder dps rangers out there, but it gets the point across that I'm not going to sit back and plink away.
    you must be

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    Invaders. Level range 15-20. Let me repeat. 15-20. The group has a sorc, cleric, fighter, two pali's. The group is only accepting fighter, pali, barbarian, monk. /cry.
    There really is only one thing to say. This group leader is really not in tune with various class attributes. With the classes you described in your OP it really was open season on any additional class. I may have purposely either recruited a ranger or another caster as this quest can be an SP drain.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Quote Originally Posted by PwnHammer View Post
    you must be
    You must be... jealous? =)
    I wanna be a farmer when I grow up!

my pure tempest ranger does some amazing dps, on par with the average beserker, your problem is the influx of players who think ranger means ranged combat...while yes, we do have bow skills, our 2wf/tempest ability coupled with decent strength makes for mean dps, save your manyshot for situational situations, then put your bow away
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    my pure tempest ranger does some amazing dps, on par with the average beserker, your problem is the influx of players who think ranger means ranged combat...while yes, we do have bow skills, our 2wf/tempest ability coupled with decent strength makes for mean dps, save your manyshot for situational situations, then put your bow away
    The new influx of players are discriminating kind of like the old veterans did towards rangers back in the day.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Default yeah yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Draccus View Post
    And we ran it last night four times in 50 minutes total, n/n/n/h with two level 14 rogues and a sorcerer. We added a ranger at the end. How dare we run without a full group and without paladin and a cleric!?!? The imputence! The audacity! The unmitigated gall!!!!
    so you didnt have a cleric but you had haste and web so there

and our fs was a melee fs and didnt do much healing anyhow :-P

Default rangers back in the day stunk

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    The new influx of players are discriminating kind of like the old veterans did towards rangers back in the day.
    itwf was yucky and wasnt even faster then spam attack in fact alot slower also they sorta smelled like trees and squirrel droppings so

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Groups running quests with no traps that are only taking a rogue.
    I noticed a group like this the other day that was only taking a rogue for Dreams of Insanity. I was on my wizard and wanted to go. I sent a tell to the leader of the group and said "You know there aren't any traps there right?" He was like "really?" My reply "Yup, so invite me ^_^" Smooth easy beholder warforge killing fun.

If you notice a group like that point out to them. Hey there aren't any traps and ask for an invite.

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by honkuimushi View Post
    Rangers aren't the only class missing. After all, who wants a Bard when you're fighting creatures with DR many of the melee won't be able to penetrate and beholders which strip away all magical buffs.
    lol & soda up the nose, +1.

Default Class Discrimination

Invaders. Level range 15-20. Let me repeat. 15-20. The group has a sorc, cleric, fighter, two pali's. The group is only accepting fighter, pali, barbarian, monk. /cry.
    Pfft. And here I thought this was going to be about my halfling thrower build.
    Bronko Lawbringer
    Founder, Guild Leader, & Official Meat Shield™ of THAC0 on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Make Gazebo cry.
    www.thaczero.net

Quote Originally Posted by Daehawk View Post
    I noticed a group like this the other day that was only taking a rogue for Dreams of Insanity. I was on my wizard and wanted to go. I sent a tell to the leader of the group and said "You know there aren't any traps there right?" He was like "really?" My reply "Yup, so invite me ^_^" Smooth easy beholder warforge killing fun.

If you notice a group like that point out to them. Hey there aren't any traps and ask for an invite.
    I tend to do that even if I'm not trying to get into the run. I frequently will send a tell to a group leader if I notice something amiss with his LFM. Like groups up for Devil Assault lvl 3-6. Or when the LFM says, "Need DPS," yet rogues are restricted.

Still, some people don't want to listen.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Still, some people don't want to listen.
    I hear you; at least we tried
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

Quote Originally Posted by hydra_ex View Post
    I hear you; at least we tried
    Yeah. It's really silly, and sad how narrow-minded some people are about class roles and the flexibility of of the game. I just ran half of GH (most on elite), Chains of Flame and DQ 1 with 2 bards, a FvS, a cleric and my wizard, and they were some of the smoothest runs I've had in those quests (12-14 group).

One day people may learn...but I won't hold my breath.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Yeah. It's really silly, and sad how narrow-minded some people are about class roles and the flexibility of of the game. I just ran half of GH (most on elite), Chains of Flame and DQ 1 with 2 bards, a FvS, a cleric and my wizard, and they were some of the smoothest runs I've had in those quests (12-14 group).

One day people may learn...but I won't hold my breath.
    Because of course, everyone knows the only way to run the shroud is 1 healbot FvS, 1 warchanter, and 10 pure KotC Paladins dual wielding epic chaosblades with silver
    THELANIS - Chief Scientist of DARPA
    Ravinex: Bard 18/Fighter 2 - Krotus: 20 Fighter - Hemium: Ranger 18/Fighter 2 - Stema: Favoured Soul 11 - Hemios: Ranger 15/Fighter 1/Monk 1

I think new players have bad runs with less optimal group setups and go for savity on the next runs. They choose for what they think is a optimal class setup. But in ddo you can have a good group with various classetups, because tactics are far more important than classsetup. Invaders can be a very hard quest if you don´t know what you are doing (and linger at the portals). Same goes for Taming the Flames (all you need is fire resistance). When these new players get more experienced they probably will be less selective in their group setups.

On the subject of rangers: Long ago I thougth rangers weren't that great, until I grouped with one that kicked a$$. I rolled one myself shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Nysrock View Post
    or the groups that have an LFM up showing all classes and then ignore your join request.
    This was always one of my peeves.

R
    ---------------------
    Faskin-Lorich-Lorichae-Lorichei-Loriches-Lorichh-Lorichha-Lorichie-Lorichies-Lorichiette-Lorichisoul-Lorricch-Lorrich

Try getting into a group as an 8bard/6ranger/2fighter!! Not an easy task. And when ya do, they get all weird when you double there kill count
    Some people just have no imagination

"Hit points=DPS! You aren't doing ANY DPS when ur dead!"
    and like that,.......he was gone.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rage9 View Post
    Try getting into a group as an 8bard/6ranger/2fighter!! Not an easy task. And when ya do, they get all weird when you double there kill count
    Some people just have no imagination
    I am trying to imagine how you double anyone's kill count when there are a finite number of critters to kill and if there aren't, killing faster almost always means facing fewer due to a quicker win .

They didn't want druids either!?!?!?!
    Worst LFM ever.
    I hope they wiped.
    Life's a party and I'm the entertainment.

Proud member of Sabbat
    Alhana, Arlik, Aristobulus, Alhanna, Alharra, Llira, Arnack

a group at that lvl with sorc and cleric and they are looking for more

heck at that lvl just the sorc or cleric could solo it. best avoid such a group if neither the sorc or cleric can solo it, lol
    Somedays your the Bug
    Somedays your the Windscreen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast