Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Right ok by stating this is compared to a browser game may not be fair. Though we are talking about a large part of the new gaming industry talking billions. With "F2P" option you can play this game without a sub and pay for things you like. The only limiting thing I come up against is opening quests on a certain difficulty setting. Once again I dont actually play this game for free. Its extremely difficult for me to justify paying a sub just to open adventures on a certain difficulty setting.

Wait until you run into the modules and quests that are VIP or Premium only. Like any good drug dealer, Turbine saved the best stuff for the paying customers...

Thats what I'm getting at as a premium member I can purchase(real money) anything I want. I can pick and choose options I like and dislike. I'm unable to purchase a simple difficulty setting options unless I use a subscription. I'm not trying to start a "F2P freeloaders" thread.

I think that that goes away after you reach a certain level. I think it is tied to veteran status, not VIP status. Would have to do some digging around. Once you qualify for veteran status (and someone who pay more attention than I can verify if it is strictly a VIP thing or not) you can open up quests on hard and start at level four...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormanne View Post
    I think that that goes away after you reach a certain level. I think it is tied to veteran status, not VIP status. Would have to do some digging around. Once you qualify for veteran status (and someone who pay more attention than I can verify if it is strictly a VIP thing or not) you can open up quests on hard and start at level four...
    Opening on hard is not tied to vet status. Just having a subscription lets you open on hard. Vet status just lets you make a character and level it up to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungnmaster001 View Post
    Opening on hard is not tied to vet status. Just having a subscription lets you open on hard. Vet status just lets you make a character and level it up to 4.
    And he who pays more attention than I has spoken. Sorry, if you want to start the quests on hard from the get, you have to subscribe...Thanks DM...

To be honest its not game breaking at all. Its just a small thing I've noticed while playing and may be over looked.

The option for VIPs to open on hard is a recent addition, previously we all had to run normal, hard, elite. Depending on the quest if can pretty much easily be run in a timely fasion on normal to get to a harder difficulty. I noticed you mentioned storyline, you realize the story does not change on each setting correct? And if you don't want to run quests multiple times because it kills the immersion you wont be leveling too high as a FTP player, repitition is kinda a necessitly

I understand the need for some repition but what I'm trying to do is limit it as much as possible. So if I can skip normal go right to hard I'll atleast skip a run I wont have to do. I really like how DDO has played out for me brought back my interest in PvE games because I dont feel like I'm farming or even playing the ladder game.

i lol'd at the comparison to this and fallout and other single-player games... MMOs are a totally different beast than single player games. i don't expect much in terms of story in these games therefore i don't feel like i'm spoiling much playing.... hell i usually play with my music on full blast and ignore the story.... can't really do that with fallout.
    Captured Wraith: you think capturing me will save you? when i get out of here you will be the first i feed upon.
    Sheppard: Okie Dokie... i'm gonna go make myself a sandwich.

if you want a challange, grab 5 strangers, park them at the quest entrance and then solo the quest

if you want even more challange, let those 5 help you
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

They are not going to add this for Free players, it is bad business.
    They likely will not even add this option at the store, as it would take away from VIPs.
    As has been said, you MUST repeat quests if you are going to play free.
    If you must complete them, might as well do them on all 3 difficulties.
    If you really must have it (silly IMO) then subscribe.

The fact that you are complaining they are too easy shows that you are very new and have yet to experience any content higher than the Waterworks.

You need to give it more time before you complain it is not challenging enough.

OR, you are a masochist, in which case might I suggest Star Wars Galaxies.
    It has a nice long repetitive grind to level 90, plus an insane loot lotto grind for gear, an unfulfilling pilot grind, a collections grind, a Heroics grind, and TWO PvP grinds.

Hope this helps.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Corstaad's original gripe is not a problem I have faced; however, he was annoyed enough to post his complaint, so maybe there's something to it. It doesn't matter; we can still disregard his complaint.

There are two things I like about other players in DDO:
    1) They give Turbine money, money which is spent on creating and improving content for me to play.
    2) They create additional people for me to play and interact with.

This guy isn't paying for the game, so he's useless in the first respect.

Based on the face he has presented, I doubt he would be much fun to play with, making him useless in the second respect. He's overconfident to the point of saying that NOTHING he does is difficult-- usually a bad sign in teammates, especially if they're new-ish to the game. I enjoy working with players who are positive and who want to work with me, but Corstaad's comments suggest that he simply has no interest in the team aspect of the game.

That's fine-- let him solo everything. He offers no money and no positive interaction for the rest of us, though, so we need not have any interest in his frustrations, however legitimate or illegitimate they may be.

Sorry to double-post, but, despite my previous post, it would be the right thing to throw him a bone.

1) If you're soloing, buy the cheapest hireling you can find; summon it and leave it at the quest entrance. The game scales the difficulty of a dungeon way down (on normal and hard) if there's only one of you in the instance; add that dummy character, and the monsters will be tougher.

2) If you're not soloing, follow the advice of others; enjoy carrying weaker players, and rallying weaker players to beat difficult parts. Also, take advantage of other players' ability to open higher difficulties.

3) On reflection, I suspect what you really want is for the low-level introductory-type content to be not so embarrassingly easy. It works as a nice intro to MMO gameplay, which is just annoying if you're an old hand at MMO gameplay. Here's what you do: Get off Korthos as fast as you possibly can, then jump up to a quest of whatever level you actually find difficult. If you, as a level 1 character, find that nothing below level 5 challenges you, just accept that you'll never enjoy that first-challenging-run experience in level 1-4 quests. It's sad, but, then, remember that the game is free and that we offer advice because we're nice people and not because we actually care about you.

Oh, and, happy xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nysrock View Post
    Well as a VIP and Veteran I CAN start all quests at Hard level. I think it is the Veteran status that gives you that option but not 100% sure.
    Vet status only starts you at lvl 4.

VIP will allow you to start on hard difficulty, P2P and F2P have to start with normal.

Edit...Nvm...someone already covered this.
    Last edited by KillEveryone; 12-24-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Quote Originally Posted by Corstaad View Post
    Right I understand that now. I'm wondering if this can be changed because it makes the game alittle better. F2P really isnt free you can and pretty much have to purchase TP, its just another option to play this game.
    F2P is free. You don't have to pay a cent. You don't have to purchase any TP. You can grind for TP and not pay a dime, you just have to devote the time.

I would like to see a option to purchase the ability to bypass normal difficulty. I just went VIP though and may keep it so I don't have to grind through normal on my alts.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Community Member

Hi Welcome.
    Q&A is the business of pointing out others' failures. Optimists need not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    if you want a challange, grab 5 strangers, park them at the quest entrance and then solo the quest

Mind if I sig this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post

Most off all I like to explain I am probably paying the same as you are for all the content I purchase at the DDO store. I'm self inducing all challenges I can. I get to a road block when I enter a quest for the first time. I have to run it on normal run which i find is to easy to enjoy(personel onion) and when I run them on harder setting I already know the adventure sequence. I just asking if they ignored this part of the game. I know for fact this game is marketed to a mass group of players and dont understand why there isnt a more available difficulty setting to get rid of "grind" type adventures.

So if its not difficult enough, impose your own difficulties. There are plenty of perm-death guilds on each server, have you tried this route yet? And as stated before, Korthos is a training ground, nobody should be dying there, not even the newest of the noobs (often anyways). Get out and run the higher content quests, you'll get your difficulty there. Try a solo run in the Pit and get back to everyone. Can anyone open that on Hard/Elite for him to make it more of a "challenge"?

And don't start that F2P isn't free because that's total pile behind the bull. There is nothing that Turbine demands from you to play F2P, if you're buying TP then that was your choice. You might make it "harder" by not buying them. You said you pay so that therfore gives you the right to ask, but don't ask for more free handouts, that'll just put you on the wrong side of most of the playes in this game. The people that pay do so for a reason, and it isn't because we enjoy giving Turbine money for the hell of it.
    Last edited by Durion; 12-25-2009 at 03:15 AM.
    Durtyy-Barbarian 20 Durrty-Cleric 18 Durion - TR Rogue 20 Duurty-Bard 20 Ddurty-Favored Soul 5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast