Community Member

Default Definitive Lockania and Hall of the Mark quest

I am hoping to pull a few threads together regarding Lockania and the Hall of the Mark quest in regards to feat respec.

We know she is in the Market (NNW area), even though she does not show up on the map. As has been stated, she offers the opportunity to answer questions that allow for the least dragon mark for a character.

Apparently, she also offers the ability to respec a feat for free as opposed to having to rely upon Fred, dragonshards, and hard earned cash. My question/effort to pull it all together:

As a player who has completed her quest (i know this because i see in my log that i have done so, and i have the feat option for least dragon mark) how did i overlook the feat change aspect of her quest? As of now, i can not enter the Hall and she will not offer a progressive dialog. I have been told that she offers a token that allows the feat change. However, it is hard for me to believe i disposed of this as i am the pack rat of all pack rats. What can one do to utilize the free feat change option?

I would like to provide this info and possibly the various corresponding levels of Syberis dragonshards (vs player level) that one takes to Fred for feat changes. I know he tells players, but offering that here might be prductive.

Thanks to all you contributors who demystify!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorynn View Post
    I am hoping to pull a few threads together regarding Lockania and the Hall of the Mark quest in regards to feat respec.

We know she is in the Market (NNW area), even though she does not show up on the map. As has been stated, she offers the opportunity to answer questions that allow for the least dragon mark for a character.

Apparently, she also offers the ability to respec a feat for free as opposed to having to rely upon Fred, dragonshards, and hard earned cash. My question/effort to pull it all together:

As a player who has completed her quest (i know this because i see in my log that i have done so, and i have the feat option for least dragon mark) how did i overlook the feat change aspect of her quest? As of now, i can not enter the Hall and she will not offer a progressive dialog. I have been told that she offers a token that allows the feat change. However, it is hard for me to believe i disposed of this as i am the pack rat of all pack rats. What can one do to utilize the free feat change option?

I would like to provide this info and possibly the various corresponding levels of Syberis dragonshards (vs player level) that one takes to Fred for feat changes. I know he tells players, but offering that here might be prductive.

Thanks to all you contributors who demystify!
    The last I knew, you still have to go to Fred for the free feat swap, but I will have to do a little digging to find it.

Completing her quest allows you to get a free feat exchange from Fred. SHE doesn't offer the feat exchange, you have to go see Fred.

you get a free respec token after doing the quest. you still have to visit fred

and for the shards:

Basic Stone of Change Conversion Recipes
    100 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments : Flawed Siberys Dragonshard (lvl1-4)
    10 Flawed Siberys DragonShards... : Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard (lvl5-8)
    10 Imperfect Siberys DragonShards : Siberys Dragonshard (lvl9-12)
    10 Siberys DragonShards : Exceptionel Siberys DragonShards (lvl13-16)
    10 Exceptionel Siberys DragonShards : Flawless Siberys DragonShards (lvl17-20)
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

If only ddowiki was up, then I'd be able to link to one or two relevant pages.. ah well.
    When you complete Lockania's quest, you can talk to "Fred" in house J. There is no physical toke, infact I noticed this in compedium the other day, but I haven't seen it ingame so I think it's just a placeholder:
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Feat_Respec_Token
    Quote Originally Posted by Flood View Post
    I think the only thing DDO suffers from, is the inability to please everyone.

Yep, you gain the free feat exchange from her, and go to Fred to use it. At the bottom of the feat swap box where it would normally say how much plat and what dragonshard you need, it'll just say "1 Free Feat Exchange Token" or something to that effect.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Pretty sure the feat exchange "token" isn't physical, and doesn't exist in your inventory--Fred just knows (that psionically wily brainsucker!). After you complete Lokania's quest, just head to Fred and see if he will exchange a feat for you for free. Even if you don't want to swap one now, you can go through the process and just don't click finish or submit or whatever, just to double-check.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Pretty sure the feat exchange "token" isn't physical, and doesn't exist in your inventory--Fred just knows
    Correct. Just go to fred and he knows.

And OP, if you actually read the dialogue box with her she tells you to go to him.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Pretty sure the feat exchange "token" isn't physical, and doesn't exist in your inventory--Fred just knows (that psionically wily brainsucker!). After you complete Lokania's quest, just head to Fred and see if he will exchange a feat for you for free. Even if you don't want to swap one now, you can go through the process and just don't click finish or submit or whatever, just to double-check.
    Yes, but it still refers to it as a "Token" when you talk to him, even if there is no physical item.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

In my experience, every time you log in you should receive a notification that you have 1 free feat exchange available as well. As has been stated, you still need to go to Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    Yep, you gain the free feat exchange from her, and go to Fred to use it. At the bottom of the feat swap box where it would normally say how much plat and what dragonshard you need, it'll just say "1 Free Feat Exchange Token" or something to that effect.
    What she (and others) said is correct. It's a good idea to save your free feat exchange until high levels if it will let you - lower level dragon shards are plentiful and cheap, but at 20 it takes a zillion to change a feat.
    Fanarchy - Fanatik - Fanfare - Fanda Bear - Fantta Squirt - Fanttom of the Roq Opera
    Co-Leader, Ghallanda ReRolled (GRR)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nomical View Post
    What she (and others) said is correct. It's a good idea to save your free feat exchange until high levels if it will let you - lower level dragon shards are plentiful and cheap, but at 20 it takes a zillion to change a feat.
    As far as I know, you can't use a shard if you've already been awarded a free feat exchange.(servers down so I can't verify) There is no option to use it later. So, as I have been doing, I would suggest to everyone that wants to save their free feat exchange, To Not do Hall Of The Mark until you want to use the free one.

*edit* Thank Lorien for the small correction. I'll rephrase:
    Once you've done the quest on a server, you will have the option to take the dragonmark feats at character creation, so you can save your free feat exchange for the higher levels, and it does get expensive.
    Last edited by deadmanet; 12-23-2009 at 08:30 AM.
    Nomuertos 20/3 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul Stargrazer 3 Human Druid
    Tahren 16 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?

Quote Originally Posted by deadmanet View Post
    As far as I know, you can't use a shard if you've already been awarded a free feat exchange.(servers down so I can't verify) There is no option to use it later. So, as I have been doing, I would suggest to everyone that wants to save their free feat exchange, To Not do Hall Of The Mark until you want to use the free one.
    Absolutely the case! Don't go near Lockania until your are over level 12 (16?) and want a feat changed!
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

As far as I know, you can't use a shard if you've already been awarded a free feat exchange.(servers down so I can't verify) There is no option to use it later. So, as I have been doing,
    True

I would suggest to everyone that wants to save their free feat exchange, To Not do Hall Of The Mark until you want to use the free one.
    Partially false, unless thats a new bug. You should need to complete the DM quest on 1 char once per server to unlock DMs, then they become available during char creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    Partially false, unless thats a new bug. You should need to complete the DM quest on 1 char once per server to unlock DMs, then they become available during char creation.
    Yeah, forgot that part, its been so long since I've done the quest on my first character, just thought they updated it so you could take them at the start. Thanks for the correction.
    Nomuertos 20/3 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul Stargrazer 3 Human Druid
    Tahren 16 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?