Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Rabidly Halfling dps 15 bard 3 rogue 2 fighter

Once you start playing this character in mostly epics what I have found is the 15th level of bard does not add anything. Since Ac is virtually meaningless in epics and the whole ballgame is about dps 14 bard 4 rogue 2 fighter is a stronger build because 4 rogue adds Sneak Attack Training 2 (+3 SA damage), Rogue Haste Boost 2, and a little more rogue skills and you only lose IH and a few spell points which do not add anything really anyway. The other major change I made with the lowering of trap dccs is to get a Tower ring with exceptional int +3 on it and to craft a shroud int +6 skills item that I can swap to so my search and disable device now are close to 60.

Rabidly Twf Battle Bard
    Race: Halfling
    Bard level 14 Rogue Level 4 Fighter Level 2
    Alignment: True Neutral

The goal of this character is to provide the highest dps whenever possible. It does not heal other then the occasional heal scroll and other then fascinate has no cc ability. It kills and buffs. It is the real max dps build.

Notes on Levels: I chose this level split because it allows for close to the highest personal bard dps, but yet while still allowing a bard to play almost the best song buffs. This bard also has full rogue skills. Edit: once you start playing epics alot lesser reincarnate for an extra rogue level.

Notes on Race: I like Halfling for the dps of Halfling guile, the synergies for Halfling saves and sneak damage with the three rogue levels, and the awesome Halfling hero companion buff which at the top enhancement level provides: +5 bonus to damage and saves, +4 to hit, and +3 to ac for one minute.

AC: 17
    Hit Points: 465 (565 with rage spell, ship buff, using alchemcial weapon, and yugoloth pot).
    Spell Points: 794

Starting Stats:
    Str 16
    Int 9
    Wis 8
    Dex 15
    Con 16
    Cha 8
    Optimum Stats
    Str 38 (16 +5 level ups, +10 item, +3 profane, +3 tome, + 1 fighter enhancement)
    Int 11 (9 +2 int tome at 7 and +1 int tome at level 3)
    Wis 16 ( 8 +2 tome, +6 item)
    Cha 18 (8 + 3 cha tome + 7 item)
    Dex 24 (14 +3 tome +7 item)
    Con 28 (16 + 2 tome +10 item)
    Edit: Note: +2 dex tome and +2 int tome used at level 7 and +1 int tome at level 3

With the rage spell 40 str and 30 con.. If you add ship buffs it is +2 to all stats so with rage and ship buff and yugoloth pot Str is 44.

Saves: 25 F, 27 R, 20 W.

Level Progression:
    1 Rogue
    2 Bard
    3 Bard
    4 Bard
    5 Bard
    6 Bard
    7 Bard
    8 Rogue
    9 Fighter
    10 Bard
    11 Bard
    12 Fighter
    13 Bard
    14 Bard
    15 Bard
    16 Rogue
    17 Bard
    18 Bard
    19 Bard
    20 Rogue

Feats:
    1st Level two weapon fighting
    3rd Level weapon focus slash
    6th Level Power Attack
    9th Fighter Bonus: improved two weapon fighting
    9th Level extend
    12th Level Khopesh proficiency
    12th Fighter Bonus: Improved Critical Slash
    15th Level Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    18th Level Toughness

Skills: Umd (23 ranks), Perform (22 ranks), Disable Device 23 ranks, Open locks 13 ranks, Search 23 ranks, Spot 4 ranks, Tumble 1 rank, Balance 4 ranks.
    Umd: Umd 36 and with gh and focusing chant = 40. With Rogue Skill Boost 42.
    Disable device : can hit 59 self buffed.
    Search: can hit 59 self buffed.
    Open Locks: can hit 50 self buffed or higher with uncanny dodge.

Enhancements:
    Warchanter 1
    Fighter toughness 1
    Lingering Song 3
    Bard Extra Song 2
    Bard Inspire Damage 3
    Bard Inspire Attack 3
    Halfling Toughness 2
    Bard Scroll and Wand Mastery 1
    Inspire Bravery 2
    Sneak Attack Training 2
    Fighter Strength 1
    Rogue Skill Boost 1
    Rogue Haste Boost 2
    Halfling Guile 4
    Halfling Cunning 4
    Heroes Companion 4

Spells: 1st level: Merfolks Blessing, Focusing Chant, Master’s touch, Remove Fear, Expeditious Retreat. 2nd Level: Blur, Rage, Invisibility. 3rd level: Haste, Displacement, Good Hope. 4th level Spells: Dimension Door, Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement. 5th Level Spells: Break Enchantment, Greater Heroism, Cure Mass light Wounds.
    Current Gear
    Helm: Epic Helm of Frost(greater false life)
    Trinket: Bloodstone
    Dragontouched: Set 1: (Freezing guard, Corrisive Salt).
    Goggles: Tharnes
    Necklace: Shintao Neck +15 concentration +6 con/Divine Power Clickies 15x
    Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak w/good luck
    Belt: Epic Belt of Morannon(+1 exception dexterity)
    Bracer: Tharnes Bracer
    Gloves: Epic Charged Gauntlets
    Ring 1: Tower Ring +3 exceptional con
    Ring 2: Shintao ring(+6 wis, + 1 exceptional str, +2 exceptional str)
    Boot: Concordant Opposition (Tier 1: Disease immunity & Blindness immunity, Tier 2: +2 cha skills & 50 sp, Tier 3: +3 cha skills & 100 sp).
    Shintao Set: +2 to hit and damage
    3 piece Abashi Set: Main benefit is +3 profane bonus to strength.

Optimum Gear
    Helm: Epic Helm of Frost (Greater False Life)
    Trinket: Epic Bloodstone
    Robe: Red Dragon Armor (with heavy fort, +1 exceptional con)
    Goggles: Tharnes Goggles
    Necklace: Shintao Neck +15 concentration +6 con/Divine Power Clickies 15x
    Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak w/toughness or good luck
    Belt: Ravager Belt (+6 con, +2 seeker)
    Bracer: Shroud HP +45 radiance guard
    Gloves: Epic Charged Gauntlets (+6 dexterity
    Ring 1: Ravager Ring (+6 str, +1 exceptional str, +2 exceptional con)
    Ring 2: Shintao ring(+6 wis, + 1 exceptional str, +2 exceptional str)
    Boot: Concordant Opposition (Tier 1: Disease immunity & Blindness immunity, Tier 2: +2 cha skills & 50 sp, Tier 3: +3 cha skills & 100 sp).
    Ravager Set: Damage Over Time.
    Shintao Set: +2 to hit and damage
    3 piece Abashi Set: Main benefit is +3 profane bonus to strength.

Primary weapons: Alchemical Khopeshes 1 is Tier 1 earth, Tier 2 air, Tier 3 earth and other is Tier 1 Earth Tier 2 Earth and Tier 3 Water, Mineral 2 Khopeshes, LS2 Khopeshes.

Trap gear: ring of deftness and +6 int ring and +6 int skills item swaps in for search and disable and for open locks just swaps in deftness set.
    Note 1: biggest issue with this gear setup is trying to to non no fail heal scrolls with umd = 40 (23 ranks + 5 cha score + 5 shroud item + 4 gh + 1 focusing chant + 2 good luck).
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 03-14-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

I like - I'm trying to build something similar.

When did you take the three rogue levels?

Cheers
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Gotta take your fighter levels right so you dont get screwed and waste a feat when you only have class feats available.

I went human with my build to get the extra feat and human versatility + adaptability.

Nice build though. I went with a 12 int, kindof based numbers on the amazon build.

Take Rogue at level 1 for sure to max points.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post
    I like - I'm trying to build something similar.

When did you take the three rogue levels?

Cheers
    I edited the original post so you can see the level progression.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I edited the original post so you can see the level progression.
    Cheers ears
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Matt:

Please go easy on me, I'm new to the game... but I was wondering something.

I am going by your build and I believe I've set it up right. Started with veteran character, lvl 4. But I don't see that I can use Khopeshes yet. Does that come later? I notice they are exotic weapons, but I don't see that in the build anywhere. I'm guessing that an enchancement or picking up fighter later opens that up?

I've picked up slashing feat and can only use sickles atm.

Have I missed something? Or am I on the right track?

Thanks!

He has the Khopesh proficiency listed at level 12.

This build looks like it would be a lot of fun for my solo per server/char TP grind.

Adjusted the stats for 28pt no tomes:

STR - 15
    DEX - 16
    CON - 14
    INT - 10
    WIS - 08
    CHA - 09

Had looked at the Axesinger build but I really do not like dwarves, just think they are ugly.
    Last edited by Executie; 12-25-2009 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Well, Brick Wall, I'm not saying you'd have to stop calling people idiots while you solo.

No offense to the Axesinger creator who knows his stuff, but it is my belief that halflings are the best for this build split. Hero's companion is very powerful and really fits with the build concept as does the halfling guile. You can take khopesh profiency at an earlier level if you so desire. I like taking it later because rapiers are also very strong and a bard is proficient with them right away. I also have alot of nice low level and mid level rapiers. The key thing about weapons at low level is twinkage. How twinked are your low level weapons of a certain type. You should adjust when you select feats based on this.

Thanks for the quick responses .

I noticed the Khopesh proficiency at lvl 12, but wasn't sure if that meant making it stronger; again too new to game.

But yeah, I'm really enjoying the build so far.

Community Member

Default improved TWF

I'm trying to generate a build like this in chargen and faced a problem that on level 9 ITWF can't be get as fighter bonus feat... Is that a bug of chargen?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhemiro View Post
    I'm trying to generate a build like this in chargen and faced a problem that on level 9 ITWF can't be get as fighter bonus feat... Is that a bug of chargen?
    You need 17 DEX for ITWF I believe.
    The OP used a +3 DEX tome so by level 9 it would be +2 DEX from the tome, right? (With the new way that tomes work - I'm not quite sure on that though.)

It's either that or a BAB progression problem.

Personally I'd put Toughness in at level 1 and offset the TWF line to 9 and 12, pushing back IC:Slash and GTWF to 15 and 18.

No room for OTWF in this build unless you adapt it for Human, which would be quite different in play due to enhancement differences.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Irinis View Post
    You need 17 DEX for ITWF I believe.
    The OP used a +3 DEX tome so by level 9 it would be +2 DEX from the tome, right? (With the new way that tomes work - I'm not quite sure on that though.)

It's either that or a BAB progression problem.

Personally I'd put Toughness in at level 1 and offset the TWF line to 9 and 12, pushing back IC:Slash and GTWF to 15 and 18.

No room for OTWF in this build unless you adapt it for Human, which would be quite different in play due to enhancement differences.
    I used a +2 dex tome by level 7, but have since pulled a +3 dex tome. Your suggestions are fine. A player can emphasize hit points over offense if they so desire at the low levels.

Hello,

I wonder, how does one play this little rabid dps'er of a bard?
    Maximum concentration on DPS and an AC of 17 create a dissonance in my newbie head.
    Does one rely on it's only CC - fascinate? But I think hitting the enemy breaks his fascination?
    I'm really eager to try this out, but as soon as I imagine hitting and ogre, all I can see is
    one meatpulp of a bard...

Quote Originally Posted by gott_ist_tot View Post
    Hello,

Maximum concentration on DPS and an AC of 17 create a dissonance in my newbie head.
    Does one rely on it's only CC - fascinate? But I think hitting the enemy breaks his fascination?
    I'm really eager to try this out, but as soon as I imagine hitting and ogre, all I can see is
    Bards aren't usually known for their AC, as a result not many try getting a very high one. They mostly rely on thing like Displacement, Ironskin Chant, and Stoneskin (from wands or clickies) for damage mitigation.

The max Concentration can come in useful in the midst of battle, so a bard can get a fresh Haste/Rage/Displacement/etc. off while having aggro and getting hit at the same time.

Of course songs also come in handy on a warchanter, just play a fascinate and pick the monsters off one-by-one.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by gott_ist_tot View Post
    Hello,

When running lowbies alot of bards will wear light armor and use a shield until level 10ish in order to reduce damage taken. That is fine, but as you get into the high levels use two weapons and as the other poster states cast displacement on yourself and play the ironskin chant. DPS in ddo can often be the best defense because you kill the monsters quickly thereby taking less damage. This build is designed to supply alot of dps both through its own dps and others. Kill the mobs quick quick quick and there will be no issues.

Community Member

It is the real max dps build.
    In what context? I suspect I know what you're getting at, but that's too broad of a statement to leave unqualified.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Quote Originally Posted by Strakeln View Post
    In what context? I suspect I know what you're getting at, but that's too broad of a statement to leave unqualified.
    The flaw in many Max dps build postings is they emphasize the individual over the party (6 or 12 person). The real max dps build is the build that adds the most dps to the party. I would submit this build as the real max dps build because it adds the most dps to the party.

Community Member

The flaw in many Max dps build postings is they emphasize the individual over the party (6 or 12 person). The real max dps build is the build that adds the most dps to the party. I would submit this build as the real max dps build because it adds the most dps to the party.
    Hehe, okay, that's where I figured you were going. While I don't believe there is one single build that could do that (as such a claim is party-dependent), for the majority of cases, this concept (or something very similar) could probably get away with making such a claim.
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

When running lowbies alot of bards will wear light armor and use a shield until level 10ish in order to reduce damage taken. That is fine, but as you get into the high levels use two weapons and as the other poster states cast displacement on yourself and play the ironskin chant. DPS in ddo can often be the best defense because you kill the monsters quickly thereby taking less damage. This build is designed to supply alot of dps both through its own dps and others. Kill the mobs quick quick quick and there will be no issues.
    One more question about the DPS - is there any guide as to what renders monsters prone to sneak attacks?
    The specific question for this build would be if the 'fascinate' feat does?

P.S. Making some minor tweaks (to respec at igher levels) I have to say this build is perfect for newbies!
    It offers LOTS of fun right from the start, comparable only maybe to monk or barb at low levels.
    I have invested a bit in defense - by bumping up offense (took khopesh proficiency right away, now I'm
    happy I havent sold this holy khopesh of PG!) and defense - found this darkleaf breastplate lying around.
    Taking utility spells like 'expeditious retreat' add greatly to the comfort of this build, nearing play comfort of a monk class. Although it means I have to exchange spells a lot, and this build is too fun to put it away for 3 days,
    so occasionally I run around with a no-good-spell-selection.

I gotta give you credit for the build, it really does shine in the hands of a good player. I gotta give ya props. Its a blast of a build to play.
    Leader of the Force Addicts // Established 12/20/2011
    There is no emotion, there is peace - There is no ignorance, there is knowledge - There is no passion, there is serenity - There is no chaos, there is harmony - There is no death, there is the Force.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast