Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    Granting a +2 to spell penetration is pretty overpowered IMO. Assuming someone decides to go wiz/wiz/wiz/XXX, then they would have +6 spell pen over anyone else. Combined with the FvS past life, and you can get up to +9 to spell penetration.

My suggestion is to drop the wizard past life to +1 spell penetration, keep the +2 to wand (and scroll?) DC, and add a 15% potency for wands and scrolls only.

This would have the added benefit of being a valuable past life to anyone who uses healing wands or scrolls, which is a rather hefty part of the playerbase.

I would also suggest that all past life feats should be at least marginally usefull to all classes. The melee past lives are decent enough already as it isn't hard to get a little melee capability on any caster, but you can't get much from spell DCs and spell point bonuses on a pure fighter.

In that vein, I would suggest the following:

1) cleric past life give a +1 will save bonus rather than the extra turns, and +1 to conjuration DC
    2) FvS past life provides +5 jump and +1 spell pen
    3) Sorc past life provides +1 evocation DC and +1 cha based skills.
    You are assuming people will TR more than once. I'd say 99.9% of the DDO population won't -- with current XP wall. So though it is theoretically possible for someone to get an overpowered +9 Spell Pen (3x Wiz, 3 x FvS) the percent of people willing to put forth the time (and money) will be negligible to be of any priority.

I don't think Devs took the time to analyse this in depth and rushed it ($$$$) out. As a result you see past life feats that are so-so and ones like the Wiz Not unlike capstones, right?

Quote Originally Posted by valerieanne View Post
    I think the past life feats cannot be compared like we normally compare a class'/race' pros/cons. The simple reason is that it is attainable by anyone. If you are a sorc, and love to play a sorc, and seems to think that a Wiz past life is indefinitely better than a sorc's, by all means, TR as a Wiz, then back to a sorc. Problem solved. You now have the uber powerful (according to yourself) past life feat.

Val
    Now imagine the poor guy who had to sweat it out to TR twice to get that precious +2 Spell Pen were to be told that he only got +1 just because an extremely, extremely small amount of people will TR 6 times just to get +9 SPen? Unlike rerolling or re-specing new toons or /rerolling the time and effort that it takes to TR once (let alone twice) cannot simply be overlooked because of a very, very small few ... so few, IMO, that it's hypothetical.

Default put in the time, reap the reward

You put in the time, effort, plat, hours, days, weeks, year to reincarnate X amount of times. You deserve X rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJusticar View Post
    Now imagine the poor guy who had to sweat it out to TR twice to get that precious +2 Spell Pen were to be told that he only got +1 just because an extremely, extremely small amount of people will TR 6 times just to get +9 SPen? Unlike rerolling or re-specing new toons or /rerolling the time and effort that it takes to TR once (let alone twice) cannot simply be overlooked because of a very, very small few ... so few, IMO, that it's hypothetical.
    Exactly why I think it should remain the way it is. If they changed the way a wizard's past life feat just to please some people who thinks +9spell penetration after 6 reincarnates are too powerful, I'm going to get really upset. Spell penetration is not the be all, end all of things. It's good to be there, but since it is not needed for at least 50% of the end game mobs, not essential.

Val

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    You put in the time, effort, plat, hours, days, weeks, year to reincarnate X amount of times. You deserve X rewards.
    That's the idea it was implemented and i agree.The problem is for all the have-nots that are missing ,skill or people to run with and that will NEVER be able to do it.Those people wouldn't want someone that invested pretty much too much time to be actually better than them.And so they will try and get this changed.I remember when wops were worth something.I wonder what happened.

Community Member

Oh yes and lets change the melee past lifes too eh? change it to help casters so instead of ranger past life +2 damage? how about +20 damage to spells:/ dumbass

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2Crusader View Post
    Oh yes and lets change the melee past lifes too eh? change it to help casters so instead of ranger past life +2 damage? how about +20 damage to spells:/ dumbass
    It's like 6 years old. How did you even find this? And why even?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    Granting a +2 to spell penetration is pretty overpowered IMO. Assuming someone decides to go wiz/wiz/wiz/XXX, then they would have +6 spell pen over anyone else. Combined with the FvS past life, and you can get up to +9 to spell penetration.

My suggestion is to drop the wizard past life to +1 spell penetration, keep the +2 to wand (and scroll?) DC, and add a 15% potency for wands and scrolls only.

This would have the added benefit of being a valuable past life to anyone who uses healing wands or scrolls, which is a rather hefty part of the playerbase.

I would also suggest that all past life feats should be at least marginally usefull to all classes. The melee past lives are decent enough already as it isn't hard to get a little melee capability on any caster, but you can't get much from spell DCs and spell point bonuses on a pure fighter.

In that vein, I would suggest the following:

1) cleric past life give a +1 will save bonus rather than the extra turns, and +1 to conjuration DC
    2) FvS past life provides +5 jump and +1 spell pen
    3) Sorc past life provides +1 evocation DC and +1 cha based skills.
    1) no
    2)no
    3)no

ty but looks like u missed the point of the previous lives: if you have been during 3 lives a good clr, means you're a good clr, so if you were again a clr, would be a good on, will save? what for? ah ofc, you wanna push up your melee lives' will

fvs jump? the class that has access to the leap of faith, jump?

sorcs...cha? the cha based class NEEDS cha? o_Ouuuu

lemme tell u 1 thing, the day they touch the PL, ddo will die, they suck as they are now, or they are OP, nobody cares, but they are this way

do u remember what happened what turbine suggested they were gonna wipe all ED? same thing are suggesting you, and if turbine announced it, they would change their mind in question of 1 day

pl are meant to benefit to THAT class, no to the other 12, if u don't like it, don't get it, pretty easy, nobody forces u to get completionist, in fact, im tired of saying that it doesn't worth the time/effort of getting it, ALL THE GOOD BUILDS ARE IGNORING COMPLETIONIST, because +2 to stats and skills wit hthe cost of a feat...is crappy

it's nice to see how ppl only focus in completionist, and things to make it easier, when the only real important thing is the journey (that's why i'll get triple completionist, and if they add epic tr, the same) because once u hit the goal, there's nothing to do, it's ddo, not any other mmorpg, the good thing here is the journey and your decisions about it (as all halfling lives, or all pure lives, that stuff)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Holy Necro... hmm, or well, unholy pale master?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Wow did we view TRing as harder then! What a cool time capsule.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Wow did we view TRing as harder then! What a cool time capsule.
    Good times.

BTW, I'd gladly trade 20SP from sorc past life for +1 cha skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Holy Necro... hmm, or well, unholy pale master?
    that's what happens when repplying to last posts U_U'

how can ppl find 3 yeard old posts? always wondered
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    that's what happens when repplying to last posts U_U'

how can ppl find 3 yeard old posts? always wondered
    Search skill is borked
    It's definitely an N-word.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456