Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question [Toolbar screenshot thread]

Every time I see a screenie, what amazes me is how people arrange things. I'm curious about most players who qualify as good to me, and of course, I'm curious how some really horrible players keep theirs.

Post up your layout and a small brief explaining.

~Dogchair

Mine are reasonably different on each character. Got to keep it challenging

(Exception would be haste, which is G (modifier) 9 (numpad) on every toon that can caste it. Sprint boosts tend to be on this spot for toons that can't. Priorities. ^^)
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    Mine are reasonably different on each character. Got to keep it challenging

(Exception would be haste, which is G (modifier) 9 (numpad) on every toon that can caste it. Sprint boosts tend to be on this spot for toons that can't. Priorities. ^^)
    Displace - G6
    Haste - G5
    Rage - G4
    Stoneskin - G9
    Quote Originally Posted by Asialee View Post
    Spisey, you are a epic item no one can match your skillzs :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I think a full group of level 20s butt naked riding zebras should be able to beat part 1 even if the only portal DPS is said zebras kicking the portals with their hind legs as us Wisconsinites try to tip them over sideways and laugh about it afterward.

Community Member

lol i only ever run 1 hotbar displayed on my screen and everything moved as far to edges as possible i prefer to actually see whats goin on around my toon. i just use ctrl and whatever corresponding number for the toolbar i want. i actually have to remember what toolbar i want for each toon as each is different
    timpon timpwns timp bloodytimp bloodpig bloodynoob bloodvein bloodyheals bloodsplash bloodyrsoul fistsofblood

I can see Russ.. I mean Turbine HQ from my front porch

Quote Originally Posted by bloodyrag View Post
    lol i only ever run 1 hotbar displayed on my screen and everything moved as far to edges as possible i prefer to actually see whats goin on around my toon. i just use ctrl and whatever corresponding number for the toolbar i want. i actually have to remember what toolbar i want for each toon as each is different
    try a good vid card, max out res, and scroll camera back
    ........................................... I <3 22/7
    Sassy, Babbette, Migette, Snip, Phatass, Bimbette, Sassette, Wentch, Duelingbanjo, Jaillbait, Sticki *WARNING* ALL PM'S ARE OPEN TO POSTING *WARNING*
    When asking for buffs, always ask for the Axer Package

This thread has a bunch of screenies too for ya Cherry.

But here's a few more for ya.

Ranger...

Cleric...

Sorc... (and btw, where the hell is the rest of Stormreach in this pic?

EDIT: BTW.. do you know how difficult it was for me to find a screenshot of my toolbars w/o something inappropriate in the chat box?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    ~locks Erres in the ancient cage~

Quote Originally Posted by uhgungawa View Post
    try a good vid card, max out res, and scroll camera back
    I only use one hotbar on all my characters aswell, I hate the clutter of more bars and can't play otherwise - I blame OCD.

Example;

Quote Originally Posted by Dogchair View Post
    Every time I see a screenie, what amazes me is how people arrange things. I'm curious about most players who qualify as good to me, and of course, I'm curious how some really horrible players keep theirs.

Post up your layout and a small brief explaining.

~Dogchair
    Not sure which group I qualify for (the good or the bad), but here's my layout and explanation thereof:

Top bars are weapons, 1-0 and Alt1-Alt8. Alt9 and Alt0 are 'combat clickies' and are mapped to my side mouse buttons. Depending on the character it might be intimidate/smite, trip/stunning, sneak/assassinate, or PK/FoD. These bars are located just below the buff icons.

Left side bars are spells or other clickie abilities (and healing). They are mapped to the G keys on my Logitech keyboard. The top 6 slots of each bar match exactly to the same spot on the 3 columns of G keys. The rightmost bar has 'fast action' clickies (healing, trip, stunning blow, divine might, etc.) as I can reach those keys with my pinky while moving. The leftmost bar usually has stances, combat expertise, or similar 'slower activating' clickies. Anything else can fall in the the other slots. In the case of my rogue, some keyboard macros are set up to handle gear swaps for trapsmithing and/or high UMD scroll usage so I only have to click the one button to swap gear, perform the action, and swap back. The bottom slots of these three bars don't match any G keys, so they're kinda extraneous and mostly have clickies that I either seldom use, don't fit anywhere else, or take a long time to activate.

The right sidebars (top) hold wearable gear. The 'standard' choice is the bottommost of that type (goggles, gloves, etc.) which is a throwback to the 'ladder system' I used to use for trapsmithing (click gear, click skill, click other gear, all lined up from top to bottom). They are also loosely arranged from head to toe depending on character.

The right sidebars (bottom) hold consumables that don't necessarily need to be accessed quickly (if so, they'd be on the left), or gear that didn't fit in the top bars.

I put my health bar under my feet, as it makes it easy to see while in combat and doesn't distract from my field of view. Under that are chat and combat boxes. Chat on left and combat on right. They fill up almost to the health bar, but are transparent when inactive (a few seconds after something is posted), and even when active they don't restrict vision that badly.

That's about all I have. It works for me, seems fairly organized and is not THAT cluttered.

However, you didn't post YOUR layout, Chair. Inquiring minds want to know!
    Last edited by kamimitsu; 12-20-2009 at 02:46 AM.
    Shiz -Proud Officer of the Southern Tenant Farmers Union - Ghallanda
    Shizmonkey, Shizrhino, Shizlazer, Shizpanzee, Shizlion, Shizchopper, Shiztiger, Shizopotamus, Shizphoenix, Shizquito, Shizwolf, Shizfrog
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Trois

All you guys have frickin' huge screens

Now maybe you guys'll understand why I'm so particular about what direction I face in Abbot asteroids:

That's Sohryu's screen, although they all pretty much look like that.
    * Sohryu * (Life #25: 13 BRD / 1 FTR / 1 ROG)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Quote Originally Posted by MissErres View Post
    This thread has a bunch of screenies too for ya Cherry.

But here's a few more for ya.

Ranger...

Cleric...

Sorc... (and btw, where the hell is the rest of Stormreach in this pic?

EDIT: BTW.. do you know how difficult it was for me to find a screenshot of my toolbars w/o something inappropriate in the chat box?!
    OOOH. I love that set up. Im stealing.

I like having things out at a glance since I got a widescreen monitor shortly after starting DDO. Got the space, may as well make use of it.

My main combat bars (1 and 7) tend to change contents a lot based on the task at hand. If I need to be spamming webs or dance balls they usually take button 3 or 6. If I only need to cast the spell once in each given encounter they stay on the side where they can be clicked.
    1 through 7 and Shift 1 through Shift 7 are the keys I am most comfortable with in combat.
    Blocking for me is "F" so that it doesn't interfere with shift modifier spells.

Gear swaps on the bottom right are for clickies or disable/search/open/UMD skill gear.

Yes, I have Shield and Nightshield memorized, I forgot exactly why though. Nightshield is usually Ray of Enfeeblement.

I'm on Kyber, but I always take a glance at these threads when I see them on the main page, just to see how different mine are from others'.
    I have so much empty hotbar real estate because I set up the bars the same way for all of my toons at creation and fill them as I go.

Cool Finally a setup I can live with

Shrunk screenshot down for thread spacing. Now have this setup on all characters, and just fill it in as needed. Usually goes weapon sets/armor/sheids, etc...swappable items, feats, enchancement(spells in this case) middle sets, are usually clickies on my non-casters. Last sets are my pots,wands, scrolls.

Man I love my new 24" monitor!

*edit* Man, I got to start looking at thread locations when I look at the new posts page.
    Not on Ghallanda but, thought you might like the pic anyways, so I'll leave it.
    Last edited by deadmanet; 12-20-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    Nomuertos 20/3 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul Stargrazer 3 Human Druid
    Tahren 16 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?

And I find it both humorous and slightly disturbing that I, as a non-caster, have more bars on screen than the casters showing screenies here....
    I guess I just like to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post

How do you guys have a different interface (no frames around your real estate), is it some sort of mod or a setting I am unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    How do you guys have a different interface (no frames around your real estate), is it some sort of mod or a setting I am unaware of?
    LOL! I was wondering the same. A UI skin maybe?
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

Pretty much the same setup on all mine - casters just boot the combat feats off for spells. (showing my pathetic excuse for a 20" monitor.)

Those danged gargs will fall in the grease any time except when I'm ready to screenie em. Uncooperative doodyheads.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

It's a skin (one that I noticed someone else above uses as well) and mine is locked (ctrl+) to remove the frames and disallow dragging of icons.

*edit*
    The skin is called Fade to Black, and a link to the LotRO website where it was downloaded can be found on these forums with a search.
    Last edited by Calebro; 12-20-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    It's a skin (one that I noticed someone else above uses as well) and mine is locked (ctrl+) to remove the frames and disallow dragging of icons.
    Figures

I still havent mastered 'skinning'
    I believe in mind over matter. If I don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Sarlona! Yep, back again.

It's a download DDOLite. I used it for a while but my map was bugging out too much so I got rid of it.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast