Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59
  1. #1
    Community Member Endrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    26

    Default %@#$%@$% PUG backseat drivers...

    [rant]
    Ya know, one of the things I like about the game is playing a rogue... I like the skulking about and finding traps and all that...

    but I get in one more PUG with a know-it-all clown who has done this quest 52,347 times and has the trap locations memorized and feels it is his duty to point them all out even before I get in the $@$@$^@#)@$% room... Then they stand there jumping up and down like a demented mexican jumping bean... if it continues someone is gonna get their spleen removed with a rusty spoon and have it fed to them...

    and the morons who are warned NOT to run ahead of the rogue, trip the trap and act shocked need a beating as well...

    This isn't my first friggin rodeo...
    [/rant]
    Last edited by Endrick; 12-07-2009 at 05:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Impaqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,211

    Default

    Start your own groups or join a Guild thats dedicated to dungeon crawls.

    You will not find happiness in pugs with that playstyle.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  3. #3
    Community Member KingOfCheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    There are two boxes for this one. The 1st is right here. See? Right here. Are you looking? And the 2nd is right here. I'll stand here and wait for you to finish the 1st one. Let me know if you need me to jump to help you see me.
    INFERUS SUS Sorcs (Socky, Sockie, Socklin), Rogues (Sockpuppet, Sockum), Clerics (Sockington, Sockase), FVS (Sockle), Intim (Tubesocks), Bards (Sockdolenger, Sockish), Rangers (Sockin, Sockel), Wizzy (Sockut), Kensai (Sockt), Monk (Sockfist), Arty (Sockficer, Sockcraft)

  4. #4
    Uber Completionist Lithic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    7,959

    Default

    The only way to fully enjoy the rogue-ish aspects of a dungeon is to solo it slowly. I do this the first time I do any non-raid. Bringing anyone else is just asking for zergers and trap-pointers.

    I use to try to skulk around in a group, but long ago I learned that if I did such things I would be left far behind. You could always try to set up slow groups, but even those get zergers.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

  5. #5
    Community Member Phidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,592

    Default

    You'll like Monastery of the Scorpion on Elite, then. Three cheers for random, lethal traps!
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

  6. #6
    Community Member Endrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    The only way to fully enjoy the rogue-ish aspects of a dungeon is to solo it slowly. I do this the first time I do any non-raid. Bringing anyone else is just asking for zergers and trap-pointers.

    I use to try to skulk around in a group, but long ago I learned that if I did such things I would be left far behind. You could always try to set up slow groups, but even those get zergers.
    Event better is playing my cleric...
    I was playing with guildies and one kept running through traps... I finally told her...
    you get hurt in a trap you run thru ahead of the rogue and you stay hurt... she stopped running ahead...

  7. #7
    Community Member captain1z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endrick View Post
    [rant]
    Ya know, one of the things I like about the game is playing a rogue... I like the skulking about and finding traps and all that...

    but I get in one more PUG with a know-it-all clown who has done this quest 52,347 times and has the trap locations memorized and feels it is his duty to point them all out even before I get in the $@$@$^@#)@$% room... Then they stand there jumping up and down like a demented mexican jumping bean... if it continues someone is gonna get their spleen removed with a rusty spoon and have it fed to them...

    and the morons who are warned NOT to run ahead of the rogue, trip the trap and act shocked need a beating as well...

    This isn't my first friggin rodeo...
    [/rant]

    LOL rough weekend I take it. It happens.... ya take the good with the bad. Soon you wont even care when this stuff happens.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

  8. #8
    Community Member Kalari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    My own pocket plane of dreams...
    Posts
    8,246

    Default

    It doesnt get better and most who play rogues can tell you even running with friends who know the dungeons well they will remind you sometimes where the traps are. I used to have smart ass remarks like "yeah I guess id better ignore that trap sense icon on my screen." But meh not worth it let them think they are helping its just like toddlers if they feel like they are helping they feel special
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endrick View Post
    [rant]
    Ya know, one of the things I like about the game is playing a rogue... I like the skulking about and finding traps and all that...

    but I get in one more PUG with a know-it-all clown who has done this quest 52,347 times and has the trap locations memorized and feels it is his duty to point them all out even before I get in the $@$@$^@#)@$% room... Then they stand there jumping up and down like a demented mexican jumping bean... if it continues someone is gonna get their spleen removed with a rusty spoon and have it fed to them...

    and the morons who are warned NOT to run ahead of the rogue, trip the trap and act shocked need a beating as well...

    This isn't my first friggin rodeo...
    [/rant]

    Why weren't you at the trap first if it's not your first redo? So you want them to wait patiently not only for you to disable the trap but for you to freaking GET there? No wonder they're just running through ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Endrick View Post
    Event better is playing my cleric...
    I was playing with guildies and one kept running through traps... I finally told her...
    you get hurt in a trap you run thru ahead of the rogue and you stay hurt... she stopped running ahead...

    Hm, in my guild we run through traps because it's faster and more fun, and we aren't all stingy and sour since there's plenty of sp to go around anyway.
    Retired

    Quote Originally Posted by Tumarek View Post
    Enochroot does know what he is talking about but even a knowledgeable Troll is still a Troll.

  10. #10
    Community Member rage9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dantooine
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Well first off, if you joined a group instead of putting up ur own LFM then you are the PUG there slick. And if your not used to this by now I'd have to say that it sounds like this IS your first rodeo.

    And since the influx of new players, who all seem to like to play rogues by the way, for most of us it's just become habit to point out where the trap boxes are because we have better things to do then wait for them to search all over the place, except the right place, to find the fricking thing.

    And if people run throught the traps, it's either cause they're new(and didn't know), or they're old a knew perfectly well what they were doing and are already healing them selves as they continue on killing stuff to keep it off ur back while u get the disable bonus xp


    want a real ****er? Try a bard who actually fascinates just to have it fireballed or some such AOE

    "Hit points=DPS! You aren't doing ANY DPS when ur dead!"
    and like that,.......he was gone.

  11. #11
    Community Member Maxelcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    803

    Default

    I don't mind if some one already knows where the trap is, i haven't done the quest in forever or its my first time...

    but we still have to find the damn things before we can disarm it...

    my favorite is when people run off ahead of everyone else then complain at the rogue that they haden't disarmed the trap when I'm not even in the room yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

  12. #12
    Community Member Endrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxelcat View Post
    I don't mind if some one already knows where the trap is, i haven't done the quest in forever or its my first time...

    but we still have to find the damn things before we can disarm it...

    my favorite is when people run off ahead of everyone else then complain at the rogue that they haden't disarmed the trap when I'm not even in the room yet!
    Exactly...
    especially when the lead said "Don't run past the rogue" before we even entered...

  13. #13
    Community Member Endrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage9 View Post
    Well first off, if you joined a group instead of putting up ur own LFM then you are the PUG there slick. And if your not used to this by now I'd have to say that it sounds like this IS your first rodeo.

    And since the influx of new players, who all seem to like to play rogues by the way, for most of us it's just become habit to point out where the trap boxes are because we have better things to do then wait for them to search all over the place, except the right place, to find the fricking thing.

    And if people run throught the traps, it's either cause they're new(and didn't know), or they're old a knew perfectly well what they were doing and are already healing them selves as they continue on killing stuff to keep it off ur back while u get the disable bonus xp


    want a real ****er? Try a bard who actually fascinates just to have it fireballed or some such AOE
    and that's the difference right there... you like to play smash and grab...
    blow through the content as fast as you can and move to the next quest...

  14. #14
    Community Member HeavenlyCloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endrick View Post
    Then they stand there jumping up and down like a demented mexican jumping bean...
    I didn't like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    How does every thread on the Argo forums become about Blah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    My question is how are there threads on other servers and in general forums not about Blah?

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endrick View Post
    and that's the difference right there... you like to play smash and grab...
    blow through the content as fast as you can and move to the next quest...

    Some of us have 21 more reincarnations to get through =P
    Retired

    Quote Originally Posted by Tumarek View Post
    Enochroot does know what he is talking about but even a knowledgeable Troll is still a Troll.

  16. #16
    Community Member Endrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyCloud View Post
    I didn't like this.
    would you have prefered "like a hyperactive Chihuahua" or maybe "like a 6 year old off his ritalin"?

  17. #17
    Community Member foxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endrick View Post
    [rant]
    Ya know, one of the things I like about the game is playing a rogue... I like the skulking about and finding traps and all that...

    but I get in one more PUG with a know-it-all clown who has done this quest 52,347 times and has the trap locations memorized and feels it is his duty to point them all out even before I get in the $@$@$^@#)@$% room... Then they stand there jumping up and down like a demented mexican jumping bean... if it continues someone is gonna get their spleen removed with a rusty spoon and have it fed to them...

    and the morons who are warned NOT to run ahead of the rogue, trip the trap and act shocked need a beating as well...

    This isn't my first friggin rodeo...
    [/rant]

    oy vey.
    i hear all yer saying, most annoying.
    and i lmao'd at the mexican jumoping bean.
    +1 rep

  18. #18
    Community Member Maxelcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    803

    Default

    one of the things we did, in our guild, is swapped our roles up with each other.

    We all like playing certain roles in a party. so for our (6 to 9) Alts we all swapped jobs.

    so our "Kill everything that moves" character was now our primary rogue. (and no i didn't tell her "hey there's a trap there")

    Its been a great leaning experience for all of us. I understand why shes all "I'M INVINCIBLE!!! FASTER ***** CAT KILL KILL!!!" (cause I'm playing that character) and shes learning sneaky stabby trapping.

    not perfect yet... but changing jobs lets you see things from a different perspective.... which is well the core of any RPG... being something that your not.

    but i have been loving the same people that say no to a rogue cause they need DPS. that splash rogues can't now do the same job as a pure trappy rogue (a "useless build" according to a lot of the forums) ARE the same people that are all like ZOMG TRAP BUGS ON ELITE!!!

    Traps are suppose to be deadly. Think Temple of Doom! think Laura Croft! Think admiral Akbar!

    Otherwise, their minor inconveniences. You might as well put some trash mobs or a... a... well a locked door would stop you dead in your tracks... and a real trap... well...

    The classic party always is, always will be: A Stabby guy, a healing guy, a arcane guy, a trappy/locky/stealthy guy....

    'nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

  19. #19
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Rasczak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Collecting Soul Stones
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    You missed this trap over here


    And you sir are biased towards my build


    See I am what is known as a Troll Trapfinder...I run through traps screaming "Found Un" and then attempt to reattach body parts....it is an important duty and someone has to do it.....considering the new elite trap damage and saves....I would have to say let them run off ahead....and then show them piece by piece what loot you are getting as you loot a chest with their stone in your backpack
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

  20. #20
    Community Member Isssssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Wait, traps in this game can be disabled? I thought that's what sprint boost was for.

    Active Toons Ghallanda: Carman Touchme *Thecount* **Kermitt** Keepoff Isssa Issssa *Isssssa*
    Inactive Toons Thelanis: Chuldong
    Ghallanda: Issssssa Cthulha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload