Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post
    You missed this trap over here

And you sir are biased towards my build

See I am what is known as a Troll Trapfinder...I run through traps screaming "Found Un" and then attempt to reattach body parts....it is an important duty and someone has to do it.....considering the new elite trap damage and saves....I would have to say let them run off ahead....and then show them piece by piece what loot you are getting as you loot a chest with their stone in your backpack
    So... would that make you an MMD... Monk Mine Detector?

--------------
    Morons are a dime a dozen I just wish someone would stop bringing so many dimes...
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Endrick View Post
    So... would that make you an MMD... Monk Mine Detector?
    Hell no...that is the halfling job. You think Dwarf tossing is fun......ever played shoot the flying flaming midget?
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

All I can say is that in order to avoid this, you need to create your own groups. To be perfectly honest though, low level traps on normal and even hard mode are a joke usually. It is entertaining and nifty to play the rogue and disarm stuff, but its almost entirely a waste of time and effort to go out of one's way to disarm low lvl traps. If you run through each quest on normal a few times first, then you will learn where all the traps are, and avoid this problem when you run it on elite or in pugs.

Essentially though, if you join someone else's group, and hold them up by telling them that they cannot run in front of you "the rogue" because you need to do your proverbial job, you will just end up frustrating them and yourself. Thats why I said before, form your own group if this playstyle suits you best.
    Last edited by gwlech; 12-08-2009 at 07:39 AM.

Hell no...that is the halfling job. You think Dwarf tossing is fun......ever played shoot the flying flaming midget?
    What if the flaming midget is the one keeping your gimped arse alive?

would you have prefered "like a hyperactive Chihuahua" or maybe "like a 6 year old off his ritalin"?
    +1 rep very nice

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Jiipster View Post
    What if the flaming midget is the one keeping your gimped arse alive?
    That has yet to happen

Except for one little lady who loves playing Halfling Clerics...but she has personality that's bigger than a halfling

That has yet to happen

Except for one little lady who loves playing Halfling Clerics...but she has personality that's bigger than a halfling
    Oh please, I've seen Morz save your butt plenty of times... I've done it a few as well, but I'm quite far from a little lady

Quote Originally Posted by rage9 View Post
    Well first off, if you joined a group instead of putting up ur own LFM then you are the PUG there slick. And if your not used to this by now I'd have to say that it sounds like this IS your first rodeo.

And since the influx of new players, who all seem to like to play rogues by the way, for most of us it's just become habit to point out where the trap boxes are because we have better things to do then wait for them to search all over the place, except the right place, to find the fricking thing.
    Yes...new rogues...and they are playing with low CON no toughness or false life, no disable/search gear or healing pots, and they are running ahead dying constantly. Maybe every new rogue's desire to get the trap bonus is to make up for the 10% exp hit that is taken from their gimp *** dying
    Last edited by gwlech; 12-08-2009 at 07:58 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council

Oh please, I've seen Morz save your butt plenty of times... I've done it a few as well, but I'm quite far from a little lady
    Morz yes..you no xP

You're normally dead

And what's your alts bro? We need to get you in contact with all of us from the Cult on Thelanis

Please, I don't die

Just Gammata atm, just started the other day. How many of you jumped over?

I'm inpressed by the fact that the OP has been here since Mar 06 and has 9 posts. Even with a break, that's an impressively low time to post ratio!
    Officer of SABBAT
    Mheet Jylian Callisto Rakio Kristoff

2014 DDO Players Council

Please, I don't die

Just Gammata atm, just started the other day. How many of you jumped over?
    *cough* All of us

Look out for..

Correlan
    Yummri
    Briareoz
    Ragir
    Jurugu
    Morz

And Drow's alt I can't spell

Think that's all the officers
    Last edited by Rasczak; 12-08-2009 at 08:29 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enochroot View Post
    Why weren't you at the trap first if it's not your first redo? So you want them to wait patiently not only for you to disable the trap but for you to freaking GET there? No wonder they're just running through ...
    Don't be silly...... He had to sneak up on the trap....... Lest it get scared and run away

Hero
    The 10th circle of hell which dante didnt know was full of infraction points

[rant]
    Blah blah blah
    [/rant]

so you're mad because pugs are trying to help you out and tell you the position of trap boxes? I mean the worst thing about that is that you're actually doign the traps!!!
    Arannel, Aqueous, Cocobolo, Arboreous, Erudirion, Congruous, and Cogs
    Ghallanda Rerolled

Quote Originally Posted by Maxelcat View Post
    one of the things we did, in our guild, is swapped our roles up with each other.

We all like playing certain roles in a party. so for our (6 to 9) Alts we all swapped jobs.

so our "Kill everything that moves" character was now our primary rogue. (and no i didn't tell her "hey there's a trap there")

Its been a great leaning experience for all of us. I understand why shes all "I'M INVINCIBLE!!! FASTER ***** CAT KILL KILL!!!" (cause I'm playing that character) and shes learning sneaky stabby trapping.

not perfect yet... but changing jobs lets you see things from a different perspective.... which is well the core of any RPG... being something that your not.

but i have been loving the same people that say no to a rogue cause they need DPS. that splash rogues can't now do the same job as a pure trappy rogue (a "useless build" according to a lot of the forums) ARE the same people that are all like ZOMG TRAP BUGS ON ELITE!!!

Traps are suppose to be deadly. Think Temple of Doom! think Laura Croft! Think admiral Akbar!

Otherwise, their minor inconveniences. You might as well put some trash mobs or a... a... well a locked door would stop you dead in your tracks... and a real trap... well...

The classic party always is, always will be: A Stabby guy, a healing guy, a arcane guy, a trappy/locky/stealthy guy....

'nuff said.
    Buzzzzz wrong

You can build the "right" rogue that can heal themself without the need for a cleric or fvs, a rogue that can do 99% of the traps ingame - so NO need for a pure trapmonkey and a rogue that can twf fight as well with proper gear and ac =)

'nuff said.

As some of the new players I've run into stating their con at lvl 18+ is a mere 147-200hp for a trap monkey, I think its time to reroll.
    Last edited by Sothary; 12-08-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    I don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and still lives...

I seldom (almost never) group, for a variety of reasons (narcolepsy being foremost... unannounced AFKing out is generally considered rude). I do, however, group with my friend who sits behind me on his laptop... I'm the rogue and he's the cleric and we usually grab a hireling each. We love to dungeon crawl and explore and take our time, and we have two different modes:

The first is where we go slowly and carefully and I find the traps and disable them. This is fun.

The second method is more fun. The second is triggered the first time he runs ahead of me and triggers some trap that I was just about to warn him about... from that point on, he stops healing me and I stop warning him about traps. Now, sometimes he'll heal me anyway because I'm the only human meatshield he has (hirelings don't count... ours usually run away anyhow) and sometimes I'll accidentally warn him about a trap by silently snickering so much that the back of my computer chair shakes.

My point is... don't discount the entertainment value of letting your non-rogue friends find the traps for you.

EDIT: My time to post ratio is also crazy. Heh.

Community Member

The main trapfinder in our group is called the exhuberant Paladin.

Despite my char having a high spidey sense and two of us having trapsmithing capability, he's shown us where over half the traps in the game are thus far. And although he still hasn't learned (even on repeat quests), it's given him the quickest LoH activation ability you'll ever see. I swear he can hit that button before we even see the damage flinch animation finish.

I would NOT want him in my PUG though, but he's a RL friend so we put up with it and use it for comic relief in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by gwlech View Post
    Yes...new rogues...and they are playing with low CON no toughness or false life, no disable/search gear or healing pots, and they are running ahead dying constantly. Maybe every new rogue's desire to get the trap bonus is to make up for the 10% exp hit that is taken from their gimp *** dying
    Well I wouldn't call Darggoth a gimp rogue...

Rogue -5 Ranger - 4

Str - 18
    Dex - 20
    Con - 22
    Int - 18
    Wis - 13
    Cha - 6

AC - 32
    HP = 178

Fort - 11
    Ref - 13
    Will - *mumble* 3 (yes I know I need it higher)

Bal - 6(15)
    Disable - 11(24)
    Hide - 12(28)
    Move - 12(26)
    Search - 12(23)
    Spot - 12(18)

Toughness
    2 levels of racial toughness
    working through the rogue trap enhancements...

The plan is to go 12 Rogue 8 Ranger
    Last edited by Endrick; 12-08-2009 at 03:12 PM.

--------------
    Morons are a dime a dozen I just wish someone would stop bringing so many dimes...
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Community Member

The plan is to go 12 Rogue 8 Ranger
    Ranger 7 and 8 get you nothing. Should go 13 rogue, 6 ranger, 1 something else instead.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast