Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Collectible turn ins for healing items

As started in another thread about being self sufficient and helping your fellow clerics out I started a small list of known collectible turn ins that net you various heal/ cure items from scrolls, potions and wands. This is not a fully complete list of turn ins since there are tons of turn ins that net things from ammo- weapons. These are just confirmed turn ins that I worked on tonight that will help those looking to stock up on cure potions/wands resist scrolls, remove blindness, disease and curse for free. If any other knowledgeable players want to add to this feel free, I will continue to go threw my collectibles (save the ones used for alchemical rituals) to turn in to find out which ones give the best chances at free healing items. Till then here is what I have so far:

Harbor area:

Ciadan Kelle or Celaeno Kelle in the Harbor (Ciadan has been moved not sure where to but Celaeno is right by the first of Baudry's series right past the wayward lobster)

3 sweet whitecaps= 1 cure light/repair light wounds
    2 deadly feverblanch= feverbranch salve cures disease 1 pot per 2 ferverblanch (note feverblanch mushrooms are used for alchemical rituals as well so you may want to think about turning them in. *Thanks to Kralgnax for that tip*)
    1 pale creeper= random masterwork armor.

And onto the complex tale of Giles Goodman, you see back before Mod9 or Eu whatever you want to call it, there was this male who had the uncanny ability to be in 3 separate places at once. This uber male Giles Goodman was in the harbor, marketplace and House Kundarak at once. Till the players said "come on you are just being lazy coders.." okay maybe it didnt happen that way but someone finally woke up and said "hey this guy can be 2 other persona's that way its not so silly) Thus now you have Rudolf Rightman (tries not to roll eyes) and Leif Lightman.. (yeah im not even going to insert insult there)

Basically their turn ins are the same I will break down what you get but its a basic chance at a various buff scroll, or wand for stat boost and a chance albeit now rarer then it was before for a minor/lesser elixir of mnemonic potion. It used to be the tomes these males required would almost always get me a minor mana pot but alas with the change from being 3 giles this turn in got a stealth nerf..

Giles Goodman- In the harbor by the leaky dinghy

3 pages torn from a research notebook= this will get you a scroll of shield of faith maybe other random cleric buff spells though that was all I pulled while

2 Khyber prayer pamphlets= various wands from detect secret doors to charm person also a chance at a cure light wound wand *Thank you Arianrhod*

Rudolf Rightman - Near the entrance to searing heights

3 carvan logbook= chances at scrolls of stat buffs eagles splendor, bulls str, fox cunning or aid scrolls

2 research diary= wand of various stat buffs chance at wand of aid, shield of faith

Leif Lightman In house Kundarak near the armor vendor's shop near teleporter entrance into house K-

3 cryptic message= water breathing. heroism scrolls random beneficial buff scrolls

2 scholarly notes= wands of dispel magic wands, inflict moderate wounds and other various spell wands.

Now each of these men also have a tier one tome turn in, these tomes each give various other turn ins but have the random chance to get you a mana pot minor or lesser though tonight only pulled minors and think this indeed has been nerfed.

Giles Goodman 1 Tome: Myths of Old Xendrik= Purple tome, will get you various disable (gloves) or diplomacy items and chance at minor mana pot
    Leif Lightman 1 Tome Codes of the Aurum= Orange tome, same chance at disable items goggles more likely and the shot at the mana pot
    Rudolf Rightman 1 Tome: Prophecies of Khyber= Green tome, same only more chance of a diplomacy item and rare shot at minor mana pot.

The marketplace-

Loura Joturn- Near marketplace tent right pass the divine vendors between the marketplace bazaar and soulgate.

3 withered cryptmoss= I recieved oil's of moderate repair
    2 cryptmoss= 1-2 cryptmoss silken sutures a cure moderate wounds clickie
    1 lush cryptmoss +1 armor given (from banded mail to chain shirts)

Kipling Vranch- In market place by the spire

3 phoenix tavern purchases= scroll of aid, chance of cure light wounds scrolls
    2 wavecrasher manifest cargo's= 1 cure moderate wounds wand (normally between 23-30 charges of a normally 50 charge wand)
    1 Tome: Stormreach Imports and Exports, 857YK= I recieved various caster helping items from helms of steady spell casting (+1 to concentration) to a 3 charge bless clickie (boots)

House collector's

House P:

Seld the gray sister- In house p by Gwylan's stand

3 runic parchments= get you a variety of scrolls from repair moderate to cure serious wounds, remove disease, remove curse (those are the four I received tonight turning in collectibles, may yield more beneficial clerical/repair scrolls as well)

2 house sealed letters= gets on 1 cure serious wands charges vary between 15-23

1 Tome History of the houses= nets you a +1 con item I received a necklace tonight as a turn in reward.

Tangleroot gorge- The One Eyed Bugbear Inn

Demodris Meele- towards the back of the inn near the entrance to Tangleroot Gorge.

3 lilly petals= 1 lily extract (cure moderate wounds potion)
    2 woodblossom nectars= 1 woodblossom mead (cure blindness potion)
    1 crimson nightshade= 1 crimson nightshade infusion (remove curse potion)

House D:

Chirugeon Laj'Amal- In house D behind the hammersmith inn off to the right of the auction house..

3 bruised spore pods= 1 potion cure serious wounds

2 Intact Spore pods= 2 spore saps (changed from a clicky to a potion of 2 cure serious wounds)

1 flowering spore pod= +2 armor given from banded mail to chain shirts

House K:

Chor Blast-Horn in house K by the bridges leading to the Bank of Kundarak

3 romantic sonnets= will get you a scroll of protection from various elements (sonic, acid, fire, lightning, cold)
    2 silver flame hymnals= will net you a wand of suggestion which can be good to shed aggro though not worth losing an craft collectible for in my opinion.
    (note the silver flame hymnals are used for alchemical crafting so turn them in only if you have no plans on using them for such things or for selling for gold to those who may use them.)
    1 Tome Lost songs of Cyre= will get you a stat item I recieved +1 str gloves from this turn in not really healing items but good for selling or if you need a stat item +1

Tips for Eberron Dragonshard turn ins: Granted I have not worked much with these yet so anyone who has feel free to leave your knowledge and I will make sure your credited with your finds.

Turn in 3 small Eberron Dragonshard fragments (the little pink ones that drop on very rare occassion) to Rudolf Rightman and you'll get a Small Shard Trinket, which is a 20-charge Cure Serious Wounds trinket. It binds to character, so make sure that you turn in the fragments with a character you would want that item to be bound to (i.e., not your favorite WF wizard).
    I'm not sure what you get if you turn small fragments into other collectible guys, but Rightman definitely gives you a CSW trinket. It is a nice little item to have hotkeyed for emergency healing.

Thank you johnnyputrid for that tip

So that wraps this light guide to healing collectibles I hope this helps a little in those who are strapped for gold but truly want to be self sufficient and even help those newly rolled clerics just starting out find healing/buff items. The only thing that I realized that bugged me in this fact finding mission was that many of the collectors tier one turn ins stopped being exclusively heal items and turned to armor. Not knocking armor but instead of masterwork plate I think some of these collectors should give a tier one healing item maybe heal scrolls instead or at least a chance at a raise dead scroll. But thats just my random thought rant on that.

*Amendments made*
    Last edited by Kalari; 12-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Kalari-Lost Legions resident Drunking Gaming Diva!
    Im not bad Im morally Obtuse...
    *Enter my Den..*/*Live RPG fun on Skype*

Nice list. +rep for your efforts!

any of those that drop Potions of cure light/moderate/serious has a fifty fifty shot of dropping either an Oil, or a Potion.

I've turned in alot of them in permadeath, its where we get our healing pots from!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Thanks Thaco and yes your right ToughguyJoe its a good way for our forged brethren to get repair potions and scrolls and wands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalari View Post
    Thanks Thaco and yes your right ToughguyJoe its a good way for our forged brethren to get repair potions and scrolls and wands as well.
    Let me add another little thought to this. When you get those Repair Pots/Scrolls/Wands, stack them and save them until you play in a group with a WF and give them to them. Way back when I used to do that all the time with a couple of friends I would run with on occasion. Everytime we hooked up I usually had another small pile to pass on. In return he often sent Cure items/wands my way. (We only played with each other a few times a week in general, so there was time to build up small stacks.)
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

[I]
    Giles Goodman- In the harbor by the leaky dinghy

3 pages torn from a research notebook= this will get you a scroll of shield of faith maybe other random cleric buff spells though that was all I pulled while
    2 Khyber prayer pamphlets= various wands from detect secret doors to charm person

Nice list, this should prove helpful

Just wanted to add to Harbor-Giles wand list - While he does usually give Detect Secret Doors or Charm person wands for the Khyber Prayer Pamphlets, he also occasionally gives Cure Light Wounds wands (maybe one in ten or so). When dealing with him, I tend to save up a big pile of the pamphlets before bothering to make a visit - then there's a decent chance of getting the wand I want

Community Member

Kalari -- Nice list

Again Thank You for the help. My pally now has all the cures and remove potions that you suggested.

Halek

One caveat about
    2 deadly feverblanch= feverbranch salve cures disease 1 pot per 2 ferverblanch

You may be better off keeping those deadly feverblanch for :
    Force Critical Ritual
    Any Attuned Weapon
    6 Sparkling Dusts
    12 Deadly Feverblanch mushrooms
    1d4 points of force damage on each successful critical hit

Just FYI.
    Last edited by Kralgnax; 12-04-2009 at 09:57 AM.
    Currently active

Thank you Arian and Kral updated my list with your tips I hope new players will be able to come here and get info on where to get healing items free, but also I was reminded there is a definitive full list of turn ins for everything collectibles here: (Thanks Missing )

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155251

Steiner worked really hard on this list and its very detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Halek View Post
    Kalari -- Nice list

Again Thank You for the help. My pally now has all the cures and remove potions that you suggested.

Halek
    Thanks I know a poster or two thought it was being arrogant to expect players to carry so many potions. But I look at it this way the potion you use during a fight could not only keep you up but help out your fellow healer thus helping the whole party. And it doesnt always cost a ton of gold many people over look the collectibles or only save them for the rituals or to sell and miss out on a good way to stock up on nice healing, buff and even +1 weapons of lesser banes.

Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    Let me add another little thought to this. When you get those Repair Pots/Scrolls/Wands, stack them and save them until you play in a group with a WF and give them to them. Way back when I used to do that all the time with a couple of friends I would run with on occasion. Everytime we hooked up I usually had another small pile to pass on. In return he often sent Cure items/wands my way. (We only played with each other a few times a week in general, so there was time to build up small stacks.)
    You can also consider, if you're a class that can't use wands, saving the cure wands that you get for the next time you come across a healer rather than selling them. This way the healer can save some SP (or have a backup in the event that SP goes dry) or at worst, helps the healer out with cash if he has too many wands already.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    You can also consider, if you're a class that can't use wands, saving the cure wands that you get for the next time you come across a healer rather than selling them. This way the healer can save some SP (or have a backup in the event that SP goes dry) or at worst, helps the healer out with cash if he has too many wands already.
    That was one of the things I had in mind putting this together to. And Zenako was making that point with his post. Even though some of the turn ins net you repair potions and wands you can save them and give them to the warforge in your party to help them out as well. All in all these turn ins can save new players a lot of gold if they make use of them. Though the turn in system is not without flaws and I am petitioning to have the heal turn ins looked at because it makes no sense why it goes from helpful potions to crappy armor for many of the tier one turn ins.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=217981

Thats my official suggestions thread on this, I really think this system should be looked at. The ammo turn ins are wonderful and chances at the weapons have always been a welcomed boon to turning in collectibles. But for some reason I feel the cure turn ins have gotten the shaft.

Suggestion for the single best source of healing consumables from collectables. Works only on servers with an established endgame economy (so not on Orien or Cannith yet).

1) Find a Lightning-Split Soarwood (drops in the same places as Singed and Charred Soarwoods but is significantly rarer)
    2) Post it on the Auction House for half a million gold minimum, three-quarters of a million gold buyout (50k PP/75k PP)
    3) Wait 1-2 days for it to sell.
    4) Receive 35-52k PP in the mail. Head to your vendor of choice and purchase level-appropriate healing consumables (lvl5-10 buy Cure Serious wands, level 11+ buy Heal scrolls, level 7+ should probably have 5-8 Raise scrolls for emergency use if you can afford them)
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Suggestion for the single best source of healing consumables from collectables. Works only on servers with an established endgame economy (so not on Orien or Cannith yet).

1) Find a Lightning-Split Soarwood (drops in the same places as Singed and Charred Soarwoods but is significantly rarer)
    2) Post it on the Auction House for half a million gold minimum, three-quarters of a million gold buyout (50k PP/75k PP)
    3) Wait 1-2 days for it to sell.
    4) Receive 35-52k PP in the mail. Head to your vendor of choice and purchase level-appropriate healing consumables (lvl5-10 buy Cure Serious wands, level 11+ buy Heal scrolls, level 7+ should probably have 5-8 Raise scrolls for emergency use if you can afford them)
    That is a good tip Sirgog but till they luck out and get that lightning split soarwood hopefully they can turn in the rest of the junk that would otherwise take up pack space and get a potion or wand for it. Though seriously the other night turning in the hordes of this stuff that I had forgotten about showed me the system really needs to be looked at.

Another one to add to the list:

Turn in 3 small Eberron Dragonshard fragments (the little pink ones that drop on very rare occassion) to Rudolf Rightman and you'll get a Small Shard Trinket, which is a 20-charge Cure Serious Wounds trinket. It binds to character, so make sure that you turn in the fragments with a character you would want that item to be bound to (i.e., not your favorite WF wizard).

I'm not sure what you get if you turn small fragments into other collectible guys, but Rightman definitely gives you a CSW trinket. It is a nice little item to have hotkeyed for emergency healing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyputrid View Post

Thanks Jonny I have yet to get into the eberron dragon shard fragment turn ins since I really havent found many suprisingly. I knew the small ones got you the eladrin statue but didnt think to add that to the guide. im going to add your tip to the over all list and thank you for the input.

Thanks Jonny I have yet to get into the eberron dragon shard fragment turn ins since I really havent found many suprisingly. I knew the small ones got you the eladrin statue but didnt think to add that to the guide. im going to add your tip to the over all list and thank you for the input.
    No problem. I had no clue what they did until I just decided to turn in the first three I came across. And I just happened to be coming back from the Searing Heights when I turned them in - luck of the draw. Unless there is something they are better used for, I plan on making sure all my fleshy characters have at least one of these bad boys, shards permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyputrid View Post

Don't do that!

Those Eberron D-Shards will sell for much, much, MUCH more than the cost of 20 Cure Serious potions on the Auction House. (That's because they can also be turned in for a Rest of the Eladrin statue which is like 3-6 mana potions in one for a cleric or arcane)
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Time Bandit

Don't do that!

Those Eberron D-Shards will sell for much, much, MUCH more than the cost of 20 Cure Serious potions on the Auction House. (That's because they can also be turned in for a Rest of the Eladrin statue which is like 3-6 mana potions in one for a cleric or arcane)
    If I remember right, they can also be used to get +10% exp elixirs as well, so they're pretty valuable.

Don't do that!

Selling them is a good option, but I did want to mention that they do produce a healing item of some kind. I've only found a handful of the things, so I haven't had the opportunity to turn them in to other collectors to see what they get you. If someone had a handy list of what gets you what from whom, that would be pretty nice to see.
    Last edited by johnnyputrid; 12-05-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast