Community Member

Default Please balance Experience! PLEASE!

I came back to play. I've played DDO several times over the years. Once during open beta, once in 2005, once in 2007 and now I'm playing again. I thought all the changes that were made were good (mostly). The game is definitely not as frustrating to play... (remember being cursed before your character had the spell to remove it... and then it lasting through death?)

But, I'm bored. I'm not interested in playing anymore. Quite frankly, running through Kobold's New Ring Leader 10x, while skipping everything you can, no longer interests me. I also don't want to spend 10x as long leveling as everyone else because I stopped to smell the roses (Solo of course, since nobody else will be interested).

What I'd like is for the Dev's to go through and make every quest worth doing. In addition, I'd like to see all the side adventures worth doing. If I'm a rogue, and I disarm a trap or find a secret door, I want it to be *significant*. Right now, not only is it NOT significant, but it is often something people SKIP.

There's dozens and dozens of quests in this game I've never played. There's hundreds of side objectives I've never found. But I'm bored of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rikori2 View Post
    I came back to play. I've played DDO several times over the years. Once during open beta, once in 2005, once in 2007 and now I'm playing again. I thought all the changes that were made were good (mostly). The game is definitely not as frustrating to play... (remember being cursed before your character had the spell to remove it... and then it lasting through death?)

But, I'm bored. I'm not interested in playing anymore. Quite frankly, running through Kobold's New Ring Leader 10x, while skipping everything you can, no longer interests me. I also don't want to spend 10x as long leveling as everyone else because I stopped to smell the roses (Solo of course, since nobody else will be interested).

What I'd like is for the Dev's to go through and make every quest worth doing. In addition, I'd like to see all the side adventures worth doing. If I'm a rogue, and I disarm a trap or find a secret door, I want it to be *significant*. Right now, not only is it NOT significant, but it is often something people SKIP.

There's dozens and dozens of quests in this game I've never played. There's hundreds of side objectives I've never found. But I'm bored of the game.

They actually did an enormous amount of boosting of XP for optionals recently.

Examples: Tear of Dhakaan: Doing it with optionals is about the same XP/min as doing it without
    Delara's part 2: With optionals is only slightly less XP/min than without
    Reclamation (Ataraxia's Haven): Optionals are very worthwhile now, and in fact they make the quest worth doing.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    They actually did an enormous amount of boosting of XP for optionals recently.

Examples: Tear of Dhakaan: Doing it with optionals is about the same XP/min as doing it without
    Delara's part 2: With optionals is only slightly less XP/min than without
    Reclamation (Ataraxia's Haven): Optionals are very worthwhile now, and in fact they make the quest worth doing.
    Von 3 has huge optional Xp in it as well. Noticed this after the Xp change. Its worth doing all the optionals seeing they are set near 1k Xp each last time i went through
    Quote Originally Posted by gamblerjoe View Post
    if u put 1000 smurves in front of 1000 computers, eventually one of them will make a pally that isnt a complete abomination.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel2 View Post
    Why should I care about what none friends think? It really not like anythink they do are say in this game really affects me.

Default asdf

I agree that it's tedious to repeat the high-XP quests. I'd say don't do it if you're bored with it.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu