Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by AylinIsAwesome View Post
    Yeah, totally, I mean it's not like STR and DEX cost the same points to get to the same levels, or anything crazy like that.

But seriously, yeah Halflings and Elves get +2 DEX with DEX enhancements, but so what?

If we take a 30 DEX, 8 STR Elf of Halfling, with Weapon Finesse, that's +10 to attack instead of -1. We add two more feats and at 50% DEX into damage, that's +5 damage. For the cost of 3 feats.

Please people, explain how this is so much more powerful than a 30 DEX, 14 STR rogue (since I like my rogues being able to carry stuff) taking Weapon Finesse and Power Attack.
    How about this you get to hit and damage from str the op is asking for the same for dex which gives with finesse to hit already plus ac, plus reflex save which if you have evasion could reduce some damage to zero str doesnt add to saves.

When I duel someone I like to dual wield. with my rouge wearing rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    Overpowered to spend 3 feats to get Dex to damage? Have to be in a stance and only works with a limited selection of weapons. I will admit it is very nice for a monk though.
    actually letrii your version would be useless for monks, monk finishing attacks are treated as spells, they kick you out of combat expertise mode.

as a feat only 1 of 2 outcomes is possible:

1) its overpowered due to rapiers, monks and the fact that dnd doesn't have a seperate agility stat making adding more bonuses to dex a bad idea.

2) the requirements are so steep that no one bothers to take it, i.e. monks and combat expertise/ 4+ pre-req feat suggestions

but I think there is a way to put the effect in game still.

there currently is a weapon prefix in game of "finesse" which much like the "mobile" prefix on armor gives you the feat if you have that item equipped. As it is, this prefix is considered completly useless since any class that wants weapon finesse already has it selected before items with the prefix can be worn(it seems to be about a level 6 prefix) and of course having the prefix locks you out of anything better(metalline, the various damage prefixes, the per-hit stat damagers etc)

you probably see where i'm going with this. how about we change the effect of the "finesse" prefix to improved finesse as stated in this thread. the coding is in the game in the form of the breeze staff. It's gets balanced by being a prefix(no holy unless you're a monk[rings]/good aligned/umd 20[for "of pure good"], no metalline at all, etc). and the need for those other prefixes prevents people from totally tanking str since they will at times need to use a str-to-damage weapon for DR purposes.
    Last edited by Redicular; 11-24-2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Rule one: never act incautiously when confronting a little bald wrinkly smiling old man. ~ Terry Pratchett

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikc View Post
    Plain and simple, add the Improved Weapon Finesse feat. For those who don't know what that is, its a feat that allows one finessed weapon that is focused to use its users dexterity modifier for damage if the target is not immune to critical hits. It can be taken multiple times for different weapons.
    /overpowered and simply obliterates the reasons to have a STR based Fighter.... it`s bad enough with the Exploiter builds......

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikc View Post
    Ouch rebuttal from the big man. So no compromises?
    Btw i think this is main stream.
    Compromises can and should be reached when theres a reasonable position on the other side of the table.......which simply is not the case.

Moving on to a better subject....... How about that Festivult!

"Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redicular View Post
    monk special attack are treated as spells, they kick you out of combat expertise mode.
    That is untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    That is untrue.
    correct, FINISHERS break you out of it, not the standard ki strikes/stunning fist/quiverring palm. previous post edited.

still a big drawback when you need CE up to be able to hit the mob for any decent damage.
    Rule one: never act incautiously when confronting a little bald wrinkly smiling old man. ~ Terry Pratchett

I don't even take combat expertise on my monk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123