Lightbulb Map Feature - Graph Paper

I was just thinking about a problem that happens quite often when a party gets separated. One person will ask "where are you at?" and the response is almost always "Over here".

We need to have a grid overlay on the maps with coordinates, like graph paper. I'm not syaing a full cords system but just an overlay on the maps with a grid zone 1-50 along the top and a-zz along the side. I would say "I'm at d:20" or "there is a trap at x:14". Being a D&D game I'm actually surprised we didn't have a grid in the maps already.

How about we make the maps all light blue and white like the old school 1st Ed maps. Full color maps are overrated anyway.

3D maps!
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

Black and white maps?

That'd be ****.

But 3d? YES!! The worst thing is being in a 3d environment and not being able tell where you are in verticle space. This is especially noticable when you have a hall that spirals around itself, and it comes out as a circle in 2D.

I suggested once that we have markers or icons we could place on our maps, which would have notes when hovered over to mark things for ourselves. Possibly also the ability to "draw" on them, for our own convenience. Someone responded with "Bla bla bla noob maps are learned memorized quickly enough, thats a retarted idea."
    I would like that feature.
    Mijuu Llanes (Human Sorcerer 20)-Argonessan/Nevantide Wineblack (Drow Rogue13)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    3D maps!
    The Pit.

How about fixing the maps so that when you go to an indoor area quest....Tempest Spine...you will still have some map use instead of being a fixed dot on the map.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

Well, the 3d maps and the instanced maps have been previously mentioned. The grid idea is a new suggestion, one that wouldn't take a great deal of time to implement, compared to putting in 3d and adding new maps inside nested instances.