Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Me Turi

Last edited by TURIN35RBAL2; 11-24-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Testing Photo Importing

Hey Turi
    It seems you failed the photo importing thingy.
    Have you tried uploading the picture on photobucket or some simular side? Then copy the link in your post should make it work.
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~

~ The Thieves Guild ~ Valentine 2011 <3 Most Romantic Guild

Default Pic thingy

This space is left intentionally blank

-turi
    Last edited by TURIN35RBAL2; 11-25-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Default dat...

Dat u T?
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Quote Originally Posted by TURIN35RBAL2 View Post
    How bout that? did that work?

-turi
    Umm.. Not so far. One more edit, and remove the leading bracket messing up the formatting, and you should be good to go.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Default feeling realy dumb being an MIS Prof.

This space is left intentionally blank too.

-turi
    Last edited by TURIN35RBAL2; 11-25-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Default Well....

It depends on what you want it to do?
    Now it shows as a clickable link, because you use the [u r l] [/u r l] codes.
    If you want the picture to show in the post, you need to use the [img] [/img] codes (if i'm not mistaken, not that experienced yet, and don't have a picture at hand now to test it for you, i'll try that later)

stunning picture btw, makes me envision some Miami Vice sentiment
    ~Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent.~

Default hmm yeah thats what i tried first

yeah i was looking at the other tags people were using and thats what i tried first. and it just shows a blank space. so maybe it has to be screened or maybe i'm prohibited from posting links to pix. beats me....

looks like the test failed....bummer

-turi

Cool let me see

Quote Originally Posted by TURIN35RBAL2 View Post
    not sure what went wrong, i'll try to add the same picture now, just to see what happens.
    [IMG] deleted to protect the person on the picture ;-) [/IMG]

hmm...the preview of my post shows the pic in the post, my guess would be you've somehow messed up with the coding/linking. I just copied the IMG CODE that is on the right side of the picture in Photobucket and pasted it into this post.

Lemme know if this was what you wanted, if not i'll delete it so noone can check up on you ;-)

ps, you should post these on our OWN forum, i'm sure that will bring our members to that place
    Last edited by MarDeRoam; 11-26-2010 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarDeRoam View Post

ps, you should post these on our OWN forum, i'm sure that will bring our members to that place
    I quite agree. get yours up as an example to the rest of us already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Yeah that was just a test, i intend to put the img on the "faces behind the names" thread. You can take it down now. I'll try copy and pasting the code from photobucket next time. Thank you tho , glad to know it works. Now its either just me (or my posting limitations) or the code i'm using.

Ahh i figured it out. the IMG tag has to be in caps. Rawr. Thanks!

-turi
    Last edited by TURIN35RBAL2; 11-25-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Cool Updated Release 12-10

I posted this on guildportal, so I might as well put it here too:

Obviously several positions have changed but the structure remains the same. We hope to provide you with an up-to-date listing of officers and their designations as soon as we can. I really hate using the word "officer" since this is The Thieves Guild, but the game requires that lingo so the word stays in my cheek( and ready to be spat out as soon as they FINALLY update the ranking server formatting).

The biggest change as of late is our recruitment and our officer corps. Recruitment as before is by referral only. Now members will have a trial period. The member referring should provide feed back after a fair amount of time, 2-4 weeks or so, the progress of the new recruit. If there are complaints from other officers, the member is removed. All member complaints or commendations will be noted. This is a bit more relaxed than our previous recruiting campaign, and this is mostly due to the fact that we, as a guild, have a space of about 20 accounts. I, and as most other officers feel, don't think keeping the modified guild account score at 20 would be in our best interest. Therfore, we will take it up to 40-45.

And once again, we are not a rogue ONLY guild. This guild is based on a state of mind, not a class. We are a family, treat each other as family, we HAVE FUN, we stick together, and we take from the game what we want. All classes are welcome! Also we STRONGLY encourage any account joining brings their alternate toons with them. This is not completely necessary but, from a leader to a member: believe me this will be in your best interest, and as a leader to an officer: this is REQUIRED.

So for now, we are recruiting, on REFERRAL only, Another 20 accounts or so. Typically what we do is assign officers to "handle" new members as they are recruited. I can go over process more in detail if you would like.

Our guild goes way back( wayyyy back), and what separates us from the others is our cohesion, compassion and sacrifices to each other, and our pride and honor. We don't need advertising or blind invites, believe me our guild name carries plenty of weight.

And to new recruits: Make sure you really want to stay, because if you do go, it is very unlikely you will allowed back( there have been FEW exceptions).

This may seem a bit aggressive of an update but this is the best way I can express the feeling of the officer corps. I'm actually the more understanding out of the group.
    -turi

Default Interesting!

Interesting recruitment techniques.

As far as renown points go, it would seem that some of the more successsful guilds in that regards are the larger ones.

It would seem that the small guild bonus would not compare well to points gained via a larger number of members.

Good luck with your endeavors!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post

As far as renown points go, it would seem that some of the more successsful guilds in that regards are the larger ones.

It would seem that the small guild bonus would not compare well to points gained via a larger number of members.

I dunno, really. I think it depends on the members, and what they are running on a regular basis.

We're doing fairly well at the moment with the larger sized guild method, but (although I haven't asked them about it) I'd guess from their guild size that Overraided on Orien is probably getting a bonus from the small guild system.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    Share and Enjoy!

Default yes

Yes, I was thinking Chaosknights may be a good example.

The guilds I am associated with are at a medium guild bonus, and I suppose that is ok.

Not sure if the guilds should drop to a small intimate number or perhaps recruit some members at the start of the new year.

Thanks for adding your incite Osh.

Yes, I was thinking Chaosknights may be a good example.

The guilds I am associated with are at a medium guild bonus, and I suppose that is ok.

Not sure if the guilds should drop to a small intimate number or perhaps recruit some members at the start of the new year.

Thanks for adding your incite Osh.
    I saw what you did there...
    Share and Enjoy!

Lightbulb Guild Renown

Seems to me having a guild in the "small" category would risk the guild having to few people online to do groups together. Maintaining online activity seems to make more sense in the medium category. 20 accounts for small is just too low.

-turi

Community Member

I wouldnt worry about guild renown so much as most guilds will plateau somewhere around 80-90. At that point guild decay will be so high that the gains in guild level will slow down by a lot. In fact the smallest guilds will actually suffer less in decay and will achieve a higher guild level than the largest guilds in the long run/end.

It will just depend what kind of guild you want to be in. You may prefer a small guild (less than 20 accounts) which you can fill with great earners and great players, but a full guild run will be practically non existent for most guilds that size; where you will have to depend on channel peeps or pugs.

Some may want a larger guild where you will usually get higher guild level faster but ultimately not be able to achieve the highest guild level like a small guild will be able to do in the long run. However, your chances will be better for more full guild groups and raids and more of a guild experience. If thats your cup of tea that is. Obviously a medium size guild is somewhere in between.
    Last edited by babacadabra; 12-18-2010 at 06:43 AM.

Cool Right on

I agree completely. Eventually most guilds will be in the 80+ guild lvl range. So i'm not worried about renown. I just want to make sure members and officers have a good time, namely having people in the guild to run quests and interact with while keeping consistency, honor, and integrity. 20 accounts just seems to be too low. And as above, why bother about renown, we'll all get there eventually anyway. Been at this game for 4 years now and I still understand what the hurry is, lol. And after running this guild for 3+ years now, i'm definitely not about to start encouraging blind invites.

-turi

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan_Tregarth View Post
    I saw what you did there...
    Ha-ha! Freudian slip on my part!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast