Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,123

    Default Next series of quests getting eipc treatment?

    any light to shed to us as which set of quests are going to receive the epic treatment?
    sure would give us some laughs to run through EPIC waterworks
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  2. #2
    Community Member Visty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,002

    Default

    next is gianthold for sure, as there are pics about epic blue scale armors already and scrolls in the compendium and such

    after that it will prolly be the orchard, then titan, then shroud and the last place is for von, vod, and hox (if those ever become epic)
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    0
    *insert axe*
    o o

  3. #3
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    next is gianthold for sure, as there are pics about epic blue scale armors already and scrolls in the compendium and such

    after that it will prolly be the orchard, then titan, then shroud and the last place is for von, vod, and hox (if those ever become epic)
    Gianthold eh... guess I should look forward to those start becoming active again

    on a side note, who wants to kill epic kobolds?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  4. #4
    Community Member Sirea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    I think this pic I posted the other day pretty much answers your question:



    As for after Gianthold, I would say the Orchard, but they did just upgrade a lot of the Abbot gear, so it'll be hard to say.
    Sohryu ~ Deuces ~ Ghallanda

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

  5. #5
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    I think this pic I posted the other day pretty much answers your question:



    As for after Gianthold, I would say the Orchard, but they did just upgrade a lot of the Abbot gear, so it'll be hard to say.
    somehow i find that hard to believe, since aren't epic items suppose to get changed to ml 20 by default?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  6. #6
    Community Member Visty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,002

    Default

    its just the name so far which got changed

    if you take a look, the stats havent changed either
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    0
    *insert axe*
    o o

  7. #7
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    I am going to say there is a decent chance that there will never be another epic quest due to lack of player interest.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  8. #8
    Community Member Sirea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay203 View Post
    somehow i find that hard to believe, since aren't epic items suppose to get changed to ml 20 by default?
    I have a feeling it's just some erroneous coding that slipped out with the last patch, but I assure you my Photoshop skills are nil
    Sohryu ~ Deuces ~ Ghallanda

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Wasn't it going to be Twilight Forge? Didn't that get leaked...

    Logically they would start with the oldest content among that which was end-game when it was released. I wouldn't expect to see Epic GH or Orchard until after Twilight Forge and Vault of Night, unless of course the devs have decided that some of those old adventure packs are just too bad to be useful as a basis for continued gameplay.
    Last edited by Angelus_dead; 11-18-2009 at 02:27 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member Jay203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Wasn't it going to be Twilight Forge? Didn't that get leaked...

    Logically they would start with the oldest content among that which was end-game when it was released. I wouldn't expect to see Epic GH or Orchard until after Twilight Forge and Vault of Night, unless of course the devs have decided that some of those old adventure packs are just too bad to be useful as a basis for continued gameplay.
    so no Epic Tempest Spine?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

  11. #11
    Community Member Visty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    Wasn't it going to be Twilight Forge? Didn't that get leaked...

    Logically they would start with the oldest content among that which was end-game when it was released. I wouldn't expect to see Epic GH or Orchard until after Twilight Forge and Vault of Night, unless of course the devs have decided that some of those old adventure packs are just too bad to be useful as a basis for continued gameplay.
    well, imo they go with those areas which have the most named items

    thats why they started with the desert, it takes ages to get what you want, so you play longer
    imagine they would epicfy von, what have we there: just the raidloot. then ppl would have what they want quickly and get tired of it

    thats why my bet is on the orchard as third, cause it has the most named items among the other areas
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    0
    *insert axe*
    o o

  12. #12
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    19,770

    Default

    When Tolero goofed and accidently made the Epic Quest testing threads public - they included all the GH quests as well as the Desert ones. Next will be GH for sure... after that, who knows.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

    .57554.

  13. #13
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am going to say there is a decent chance that there will never be another epic quest due to lack of player interest.

    Since it looks like Epic Dragon Armor is on the way, I would say decent chance for more Epic due to player interest.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  14. #14
    Community Member Sirea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,749

    Default

    The only reason I wouldn't say Epic Twilight Forge is that there's only 3 quests there including the raid and not nearly as many named items as in the Desert or Gianthold. I mena I would love to see an Epic Chattering Ring, Belt of Brute Strength, Seven-Fingered Gloves, Jungle Cloak even an Adoryn's Malice, but I don't see that they would make that kind of investment for an adventure pack with 2 quests and 1 raid.
    Sohryu ~ Deuces ~ Ghallanda

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Traps in DDO don't actually deal damage, they politely ask your avatar to damage themselves.

  15. #15
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Since it looks like Epic Dragon Armor is on the way, I would say decent chance for more Epic due to player interest.
    There is a big difference in the forum discussions and the actually game none more obvious then Epic quests. Either they need to make the Epic quests more appealing or devote their time instead toward making new content.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  16. #16
    The Hatchery sirgog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    17,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I am going to say there is a decent chance that there will never be another epic quest due to lack of player interest.
    Don't underestimate the popularity - there pretty much always seems to be either 6 or 12 level 20s in Desert quests at each time I've looked.

    Plus, there's been a *lot* more mid-level people in the Desert since Epic was added - and I'm sure some of them bought the pack because of the new buzz about those quests.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

    I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    There is a big difference in the forum discussions and the actually game none more obvious then Epic quests. Either they need to make the Epic quests more appealing
    When the epic quests were first announced, I predicted that the lack of N/H/E modes would make them less appealing. If you examine it, there's actually a serious inconsistency in game design philosophies.

    In what can be called "EU update 0", dungeon scaling was added which reduced the target group size to complete dungeons. But update 1 brings in Epic dungeons, which not only are more difficult in general, but also do not allow that scaling effect. And on top of that, the loot mechanic involves bound items that are assignable before acquire, creating another incentive to take a full party.

    It's as if Turbine is still confused as to if they want to support small parties or not.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Don't underestimate the popularity - there pretty much always seems to be either 6 or 12 level 20s in Desert quests at each time I've looked.
    Uh, 6-12 players is pretty firmly what an unpopular zone would look like.

  19. #19
    Community Member MDS_Geist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    595

    Default

    It would be great if for epic GH they also throw in graphics for dragonscale outfits as well. Just a happy thought.
    A rabbi with whom everyone agrees is not a rabbi.
    A rabbi with whom everyone disagrees is not a mensch.


  20. #20
    Community Member Visty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    9,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    It's as if Turbine is still confused as to if they want to support small parties or not.
    small parties for lowlevels and full for highlevels prolly
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    0
    *insert axe*
    o o

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload