Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Clensing items in ddo store

that's what i'd like to see. I'd pay 1 per toon at least, some more. sick of this wait 2 months to do 20 shrouds to get a clensing thingy (forget what it is, sigil or whatever).

we got rid of all the favor grinding for money. why not do away with shroud grinding. specially with shroud not being the end all be all of raiding nemore.
    I am roleplaying. My toons are zergers.

Id like to see a remove Taint that removed Taint Evil.

Like what they have on the New IQ Sickle and DQ Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Da5h-au View Post
    Id like to see a remove Taint that removed Taint Evil.

Like what they have on the New IQ Sickle and DQ Stuff.
    oh when you said "taint" i thought you meant the quarter inch.... um nevermind

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

I like this idea. But lets expand it a lil.

Put an altar in the Market and sell large ingredients in the store.

Oh and sell greensteel items for points too.

Sweet.

Can we get Epic Bloodstones in the store too?
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

f n please. they already sell ingredients in the store. clensing items are grinding fore purely grindings sake. you can only get this item by running the shroud 20 times. a minimum 60 freakin days.

i'm tired of the rediculous grinds in this game. i thought this would be a nice way to alleviate the boredom of having to run this quest ad nausium just for the sake of having a sp and a hp item, or immunities item or guard or etc.

In the past it wasn't so bad as shroud / abbot were tops and there wasn't much else to do. I'd rather spend my time concentrating on new content / epic content than having to run 5+ toons (others have 10 - 20 +) through the bloody shroud every 3 days.

The grind would still be there in the form that you would need to obtain ingredients. This could also promote plat loss in the game as immediacy of getting ingredients could pick up ah ingredient sales.

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feylina View Post
    f n please. they already sell ingredients in the store. clensing items are grinding fore purely grindings sake. you can only get this item by running the shroud 20 times. a minimum 60 freakin days. .
    They sell SMALL ingredients (and probably shouldn't sell them). What you are suggesting is the equiv of a +3 tome. I hate grinding, I refuse to flag SoS because of the inherent random grind there, but a guarenteed result in 20 runs... its fair and reasonable.

What's next, you want war trophies so you can imbue a ring after 1 run?

You don't NEED a 2nd clothing item to be functional, heck with all the new stuff its tough to find 2 spots to put GS clothing. Its not a forced grind, its a choice you make, and thus reasonable.

Community Member

Sorry no, I don't want to see cleansing stones in the DDO Store.
    Visit the DDO Wiki! Unique items: Quest Rewards - Raid Loot - Chest Loot - Item Sets
    DDO Store List, with references on how you can gain items ingame for free!

I think I'd perfer them to drop within the quest itself instead of being a purchasable item.... that's just my preference.

Just have them drop in either of the last two chests.

Also I think they should drop as end rewards on occassion as well... seems to me anything you can get in a quest should be possible to pull as an end reward as well... so add Ingredients to end reward drops also.

Aesop
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    I think I'd perfer them to drop within the quest itself instead of being a purchasable item.... that's just my preference.

Also I think they should drop as end rewards on occassion as well... seems to me anything you can get in a quest should be possible to pull as an end reward as well... so add Ingredients to end reward drops also.

Aesop
    Now that's reasonable.

Ennervated,mind blasted,psionically dominated,encased in stone in the subterrane

Since 20 rerolls is the new hardcore, 20 runs is the new casual. Casual gamers can just run it twenty-forty-sixty times for the essences of cleansing right? Thats like nothing man.

36 years on this world and the word "taint" still makes me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    Since 20 rerolls is the new hardcore, 20 runs is the new casual. Casual gamers can just run it twenty-forty-sixty times for the essences of cleansing right? Thats like nothing man.
    Exactly. TR is nom nom nom

I strongly hope they never start selling raid items in the store. The cleanser is a raid item, leave it in the raid.

Aesop
    I could get behind this though.

Aesop
    Good ideas. I wouldn't mind crafting in general being made a bit easier, having to re run a quest over and over and not finishing it to get larges seems a bit excessive.

Aesop
    Being reasonable is not permitted on internet forums. Bad poster! Bad!

~Anaelsbet~; ~Elsbet~; ~Lilabet~; Islabet; ~Phaeddre~
    ~Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    They sell SMALL ingredients (and probably shouldn't sell them). What you are suggesting is the equiv of a +3 tome. I hate grinding, I refuse to flag SoS because of the inherent random grind there, but a guarenteed result in 20 runs... its fair and reasonable.

What's next, you want war trophies so you can imbue a ring after 1 run?

You don't NEED a 2nd clothing item to be functional, heck with all the new stuff its tough to find 2 spots to put GS clothing. Its not a forced grind, its a choice you make, and thus reasonable.

lol so which is it? is it hugely sought after item or no? on one hand you say it's equivelant to a +3 tome then on the other hand you say it's not necessary to have them anyway making the grind negligable.

leading me to my point.

to me it's like selling the items to reincarnate. something like 20 epic tokens to buy through in game grinding. now, is it necessary to reincarnate? no so it's not a big deal.

as you said the cleansing is not necessary for many people, most of the extra items made over hp or sp can be chocked up to flavor or "that little extra boost".

seems like most of you get your pantys in a knot at the mention of putting stuff in the turbine store just out of spite.

as for your ring crafting, how does that even compare? you get a trophy every run and they are bound to account. so technically i could run a toon into ToD, luck out and get the ring i want and craft the first run yay.

again i state that cleansing is available only ever after doing the shroud after 20 runs. there is no other item in the game that requires a mandatory 20 runs of a quest or raidto get one, per toon.

i can get on board with the dropping them in chests / end rewards but knowing turbines track record with the shroud i thought it'd be more expedient this way.

Aesop
    /signed

Can I pull my last large scale ever?

* Sohryu * (Life #33: Barbarian)
    Completionist // Epic Completionist // Triple Iconic Completionist
    Ravensguard (200) - Now in Flower Sniffer Lavender

Community Member

remember to use your cleansing stone that you may get on your 20th run you still have to run another to apply it!

/not signed

No raid loot should be sold in the store. It's bad enough +2 tomes are in there, but at least with them they are strictly not end game anymore.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast