Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Past Life Feats

Quote Originally Posted by Oolung View Post
    id bet on one min, as per the others
    You bet? No one who has a fighter past life can reply?

I would really appreciate a precise answer
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Anyone know how much this last?
    3 charges/rest, one minute each.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Can View Post
    3 charges/rest, one minute each.
    Thanks a lot!
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Past Life: Sneak of Shadows
    You recall more about your past life as a rogue. You have +1 to all skills and three times per rest you can skulk with the skill of your past life, gaining bonuses equal to your level to your hide and move silently skills, a +1 bonus to sneak attack damage for every two character levels, and a +1 bonus to hit with sneak attacks for every four levels.
    How long does this bonus last each time it is invoked?

Also more general question about True Resurrection: when you TR, do you have to start at level 1, or does Veteran status apply? (I do not see how anyone could reach level 20 and TR without getting Veteran status.)
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post

Also more general question about True Resurrection: when you TR, do you have to start at level 1, or does Veteran status apply? (I do not see how anyone could reach level 20 and TR without getting Veteran status.)
    vet doesnt work with TR sadly

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Pretty sure its a minute

Yes you start at level 1!

It is indeed 1 minute, 3 uses and well worth it.

If I TR:
    wiz >> sorc >> ftr >> brb >> pal >> clr >> art

1)will I be able to use wizards selectable Past Life feat?
    2)will I be able to select any other TR-ed selectable Past Life feats or only from last/first 3 TR-ed class?
    3)can I select any number of those or only 3 in total?

Quote Originally Posted by morqe View Post
    If I TR:
    wiz >> sorc >> ftr >> brb >> pal >> clr >> art

1)will I be able to use wizards selectable Past Life feat?
    2)will I be able to select any other TR-ed selectable Past Life feats or only from last/first 3 TR-ed class?
    3)can I select any number of those or only 3 in total?
    1) Yes
    2) You' ll be able to select all past life active feats of your former life classes
    3) The artificer life will have the option of 6 previous life.

This feat looks pretty impressive on paper. Had it on my DPS rogue splash > +10 sneakdamage at cap = win!

Unfortunately it looks better than it is. It is limited to 3 uses / 1 minute each. Activating this PL feat triggers a massive delay which takes about as long as the barbarian rage trigger or even longer. If u got several clickies / boosts that you want to activate pre-combat the delay pretty much cancels out the damage-gain. If you activate it mid-combat the delay is most likely even higher than any sneak damage you would deal as u trade a plus 10 per hit for 3-4 seconds with zero damage. Considering that not all damage you deal is actually sneakdamage makes this feat widely pointless DPS-wise.

Now if the sneak-damage was lower but permanent (i.e. not an activation boost) - that would be a different story.
    Last edited by Marewood; 09-27-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Community Member

Can we get clarification on which past-life feats we get in split multiclassing. Perhaps the logic code for it because I've heard so many different things.

Quote Originally Posted by goodoldxelos View Post
    Can we get clarification on which past-life feats we get in split multiclassing. Perhaps the logic code for it because I've heard so many different things.
    You get the majority class. To put it another way if you have a 18/1/1 build you get the PL of the 18. If you have an 11/9 You get the class that has 11 levels not the 9. If you have a 6/6/8 You'd get the PL of the class that has 8 levels.

Most levels wins. In the event of a tie, see which class is listed first here: OMG! The Wiki Has It!

[edit]Dominant Class

You gain the Past Life of your dominant class (i.e., the class that is shown as your character's class icon in parties), which is determined by the class you have the most levels of. In the case of a tie, the dominant class is the highest on this list:

Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric
    Fighter
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Sorcerer
    Wizard
    Monk
    Favored Soul
    Artificer
    Druid

Thus a 10 Sorc 10 Pally gets Pally Past Life...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Is there planned any Past Life feats revamp?
    Some like Warrior of the Wild are really horrible.

Note that the past life feat is based on your current life at the time you TR, not what you were when you made each level. If you are 11Pal/9Fighter and you want to TR as a fighter you can LR with Heart +X that lets you change classes to an 9Pal/11Fighter or a 10Pal/10Fighter (since Fighter is higher on the list and therefore you main class now).

You will have to wait the 1 week after you LR to TR though.

Quote Originally Posted by WargamerIV View Post

You will have to wait the 1 week after you LR to TR though.
    I don't believe this is correct. I TR'd an hour after hitting 20 a few weeks ago...and eating a +5 Lesser to turn 15/5 Sorc/Pally to 10/10 Sorc/Pally to get a Pally past life.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    I don't believe this is correct. I TR'd an hour after hitting 20 a few weeks ago...and eating a +5 Lesser to turn 15/5 Sorc/Pally to 10/10 Sorc/Pally to get a Pally past life.
    With 10/10 split, how do you know which past life you get?

Quote Originally Posted by licho View Post
    Is there planned any Past Life feats revamp?
    Some like Warrior of the Wild are really horrible.
    I second this motion. DDO is a fluid game where feats, destinies, items, enhancements grow or change the nature of the game. Now, most of these things change over time to better fit the current state of DDO. Past life feats, thus far, have not. Now I can understand hesitence to change something that someone may have spent an entire character live attempting to get, with the goal of putting it to good use in their next life... but lets be honest here, a few of the past life feats (Specifically the active past life feats) are SO TERRIBLE that changing them to be unrecognizable from their current state woudl probably not ruffle too many feathers. Or, if you prefer, changing them to be similar to their current state, but significantly better.

The ranger active past life feat is, in my opinion, the top offender here. Natural armor is available from multiple different sources nowadays, including sources that can exceed Barkskin's cap of +5. As such, the Ranger past life feat is a complete and utter waste of a feat slot. Favored Soul and Cleric active past life feats are also pretty big clunkers. Since past life feats are the only feats a player needs to "earn" or "unlock", they should be atleast on par with readily available/first life feats, doncha think?

Personally, i think past life feats should mimic already existing feats, but also have some kind of added-on bonus, similar to the barbarian, sorcerer and wizard past life feats. Unfortunately I don't know if that adjustment would be possible for all past life feats without necessarily nerfing some of the better ones in some other way, for the sake of balance (e.g. the Paladin past life feat is considered decent. Making it have its current function AND be the equivalent of some other generic feat might be too much).

With 10/10 split, how do you know which past life you get?

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Most levels wins. In the event of a tie, see which class is listed first here: OMG! The Wiki Has It!

[edit]Dominant Class

You gain the Past Life of your dominant class (i.e., the class that is shown as your character's class icon in parties), which is determined by the class you have the most levels of. In the case of a tie, the dominant class is the highest on this list:

Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric
    Fighter
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Rogue
    Sorcerer
    Wizard
    Monk
    Favored Soul
    Artificer
    Druid

Thus a 10 Sorc 10 Pally gets Pally Past Life...
    Literally 3 posts above the one you quoted!

Yes :0

Realized it almost as soon as posted. Was going to delete the question, but got delayed.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast