Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Past Life Feats

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardWu View Post
    Purchasable Feats:
    These feats have a minimum level of 3 to select, and can be selected more than once. These feats do cost a feat slot, and all have a passive and an active component.

So if you are a wiz past life you can purchase the +1 dc past life feat more than once? looks cool!!!
    Thats been changed, you cannot select a purchasable feat more than once.

Eladrin Link

Can a Wizard, Fighter or Monk take past life purchasable feats as their class feat(s)?

Slighty off topic but, where is the exact XP requirement increase for 34 and 36 point reincarnates listed? I saw it cited as a 1.6x penalty during testing, but was also told it was decreased once the limit on number of reincarnates was removed.

I have not seen anything official stated by a developer since then. Is it 1.3x for 34 and 1.6x for 36? Less, more?

An exact value would be appreciated. It would be very helpful to know what length of time Im committing to doing a reincarnate, so that myself and my guild have some kind of estimate of when I can return to participating in events and such. Something like 10% more xp is far different from 60% more xp.

Thanks in advance for a reply devs, or if anyone can point me in the right direction of something more recent than early october.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    so if a monk reincarnates as a monk and takes the monk past life feat for increased fist damage by one step higher... and hits level 20... does that mean the monk now has 2d12 instead of 2d10??
    I would guess the end result is actually 3d8, as monk fists on ddo do 3d6 damage at 20 instead of 2d10.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    I would guess the end result is actually 3d8, as monk fists on ddo do 3d6 damage at 20 instead of 2d10.
    Incorrect, monk fist in ddo at 20 is 2d10.

I believe i saw a post by eld that says with feat it'll be 2d12

Well to answer my own question, I found this elsewhere as of today. I am not sure it is correct, but it is something. If anyone could confirm this I would appreciate it.

Regular level 20: 1,900,000
    1st Reincarnate level 20: 3,139,102
    2nd Reincarnate level 20: ?

That is indeed a 1.65 (about) increase in XP needed for the first one. I shudder to think of the second ones, especially for anyone trying to get 3 of the class feats let alone completionist. It really seems like too much.

People are going to need to choose between leveling 2 new characters or 1 older character to gain 10 hp, and that is an awfully steep cost. Itd be nice to see the totals toned down to something a bit more reasonable, and just have the folks in the midst of leveling now gain some levels up to their new total upon log in. Just my 2 cents, that 2nd reincarnate is going to be brutal...

Founder

Default Multiclass question

Quote Originally Posted by SkyCry View Post
    Which class would I get the feats for, if I'm fighter 10/wizard 10?
    Quote Originally Posted by Favis View Post
    Some where at http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238 a guy told that on Lamannia it was the same class that you got as Icon in the LFM. (Would be nice if they confermed if the same was true one it got "life" )
    Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    it is true, eladrin confirmed it somehere, you get what your icon shows
    Sorry, I'm sure it's because I haven't had any coffee yet but this still confuses me. If the original character was 10 Fighter/10 Wizard and he True Reincarnates, he gets the passive past life feat for whichever class shows up in the LFM? But in the LFM it would show his full character split. Was this meant to say whichever icon shows up next to his name while in party?

Also, would the same apply to the purchasable feats? Since he was an even split between fighter and wizard, he would only be able to purchase the feats from the dominant class (read: icon which shows up next to his name while in party)?

Basically I'm wondering if a multiclass character reincarnates (say a 12 fighter/6 ranger/2 monk), he would only get the passive feat and only be able to select the purchasable feat from the fighter class, correct?

WikiGnome

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Was this meant to say whichever icon shows up next to his name while in party?
    Correct.
    Also, would the same apply to the purchasable feats?
    Aye. Purchasable feats have, as a prereq, the passive past life feat of the same class.

Thus, if you don't have the passive wizard feat, you can't pick up the purchasable one since you don't meet the prereq..
    DDOwiki.com, #1 source for DDO information.

Founder

Thanks Borror0.

Can you take the wizard past life feat as a class feat?

Same question for the fighter one.

Garth

Garth 20/ftr (Kensei) Haeson 20/clr Cairis 12/ftr 6/rgr 2/rog Xortan 20/wiz
    Tinosa 20/brd Garthbot 20/fvs Gaarth 18/ftr 1/rgr 1/rog (Stal Def)
    Tibetan 20/mnk Automatic DDO raid timers Haezon 20/sor (Conj)

Community Member

Sorry, I'm sure it's because I haven't had any coffee yet but this still confuses me. If the original character was 10 Fighter/10 Wizard and he True Reincarnates, he gets the passive past life feat for whichever class shows up in the LFM? But in the LFM it would show his full character split. Was this meant to say whichever icon shows up next to his name while in party?
    yes

Those past life feats should be slightly improved and balanced. The ranger one is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    so if a monk reincarnates as a monk and takes the monk past life feat for increased fist damage by one step higher... and hits level 20... does that mean the monk now has 2d12 instead of 2d10??
    Odd to use one step higher, since there isn't a step higher than 2d10. What would be really nice is do damage as if one size larger, lvl 20 monks doing 4d8>6d8>8d8>12d8, depending on how many times you could take feat.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    Odd to use one step higher, since there isn't a step higher than 2d10. What would be really nice is do damage as if one size larger, lvl 20 monks doing 4d8>6d8>8d8>12d8, depending on how many times you could take feat.
    there is a step higher, thats called 2d12 and is confirmed by a dev
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    *insert axe*
    o o

Quote Originally Posted by Visty View Post
    there is a step higher, thats called 2d12 and is confirmed by a dev
    Well it is a step higher they made up, I was talking about going by PnP. A very marginable upgrade too.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel View Post
    So that great my duel wielding ranger in TR gets bow damage, great woot... do have to change classes to do my duel wielding ranger or maybe start over and grind the gear again.. Great job making rangers past life feats limited Tribune. Don't forget about the buy-able feat BARKSKIN, HOW IN THE EARTH DOES THIS HELP IF tr AS RANGER.. 2 TO SPOT WHAT TRASH. Just maybe my ranger does not want to use a freaking bow. RANGER to me is elite light fighter not freaking bowman. These past life feats so unbalance its not funny it like have to plan for past life, so what the point all these for are existing toons. I can not stand feeling my toon not good possible, because Tribune does not know what balance is.

Fighter +1 to hit all weapons +1 DC (Trip, stuns) with any melee weapon... Monk +1 damage any weapons.... Barbs get fudge to 10 hp LMAO.. Rogues have to be sneak damage so that really only helping if planing to be a rogue. Pallies 5% to heals really that blows to. To be ownest the wizard is the best one here it like a free feat. (lets see how many out there take spell pen). All I ask if fighter and monk get all weapon bonus make mine to stop the stupid resist lines for the rangers, I do not take the stupid enchantments because they limit use. Maybe if made it like 5 per level, but 2 sorry it will get look over all the time.

P.S. not a free to play, my freaking normal forum account got lock out can not log in for months sent great and wonderful Tribune complaint. Said nothing wrong here your in the system. While great I can not log in from any CP, although no problem with this free to play account I made.
    Dragon...your really really REALLY bad English just broke my brain. Seriously...slow down, man...formulate the words, type them out, spell check, and consult a dictionary because you almost gave me an aneurysm. But other than that, I think you're right...some classes certainly have it better than others as far as Past Life feats go. TWF rangers get the shaft.
    Last edited by Richtenfaust; 12-03-2009 at 07:48 PM.

I think the passive barbarian feat should give +2 intimidate as well as 10 hp.
    Revenants

Quote Originally Posted by Hanam View Post
    I think the passive barbarian feat should give +2 intimidate as well as 10 hp.
    Here here, I would also vote for bard's one getting a +1 UMD, Perform, and Haggle. Their passive is horrible is horrible.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Also, regarding the barbarian past life feat... 30 seconds of rage is just way too short (followed by 60 seconds of fatigue)

Either get rid of the fatigue part or bump this up to 60 seconds please (I prefer the latter option).

Feats are precious...

Now do these occupy a general feat slot (compete with toughnss for example) or can I take them as a class feat. I am really hoping its the latter, not worth sacrificing a toughness on my fighter for +4 to hit clicky....

I propose renaming this Past CLASS feats, Past LIFE would indicate some kind of bonus for being a certain race as well

e.g. Have some sort of ability to shrug off damage or be immune to fts and hold due to previous life as a wf.

I think that would be consistent with the past life idea.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast