Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 181

Thread: Past Life Feats

  1. #141
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quick question; If I have 3 past lives as a fighter do I get +3 to hit?

    Thanks for clarification.

  2. #142
    Community Member Relenthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    729

    Default

    yes

  3. #143
    Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    622

    Default

    You wont get any more after 3 of each PL feat
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

    Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

  4. #144
    Community Member Requiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,019

    Default Suge

    If someone still interested:

    Here is my suggestion for some changes in TR feat system. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=303555

    When Turbine change TR feat system, I hope that some of my ideas will go within

  5. #145
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Bard active past life +1 dc on enchant stack with all in the game?

    Rogue active past life stack with tharnes?

    Bye, tnx!

  6. #146
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    26

    Default Completionist Complaints

    So my guild mate lotusfly has completionist. +2 to all stats is cool. i guess. but here are some issues with completionist

    1) no passive bonuses
    2) must spend a feat, making it not viable for some feat starved builds (like a KoTC for example)
    3) the +2 to all stats do not qualify you for pre-reqs such as GTWF

    if turbine wants us to spend 1-3 yrs (depending on how much you play) on "winning ddo" then you should in fact win ddo.

    my proposed change is simply to leave the purchasable feat still give you +2 to all stats, but add a passive (like all the other past lives have) that gives you +1 bonus feat at level 3, and have the +2 stats act like stats purchased at character creation/spending level up points in them. that would make all the effort actually feel like it was worth it. overpowered? no. in the grand scheme of things if you have 1+ of EVERY past life, chances are you are geared out to the point that the game is no longer a challenge, its more about playing with cool new toys.
    Cannith - BigRockWall 20wiz- Maliss 20pal - Necratis 20 Sorc - Melodeus 16/2/2 bard/ftr/rgr - Nathynxplsyn 16/2/2 bard/ftr/barb - Oxycodone 20 Fvs

  7. #147
    Community Member Requiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IncubusAcidicus View Post
    (...)

    my proposed change is simply to leave the purchasable feat still give you +2 to all stats, but add a passive (like all the other past lives have) that gives you +1 bonus feat at level 3, (...)
    This is something what I suggested in my thread (give link 2 post above)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.

  8. #148
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonofsteel View Post
    So that great my duel wielding ranger in TR gets bow damage, great woot... do have to change classes to do my duel wielding ranger or maybe start over and grind the gear again.. Great job making rangers past life feats limited Tribune. Don't forget about the buy-able feat BARKSKIN, HOW IN THE EARTH DOES THIS HELP IF tr AS RANGER.. 2 TO SPOT WHAT TRASH. Just maybe my ranger does not want to use a freaking bow. RANGER to me is elite light fighter not freaking bowman. These past life feats so unbalance its not funny it like have to plan for past life, so what the point all these for are existing toons. I can not stand feeling my toon not good possible, because Tribune does not know what balance is.

    Fighter +1 to hit all weapons +1 DC (Trip, stuns) with any melee weapon... Monk +1 damage any weapons.... Barbs get fudge to 10 hp LMAO.. Rogues have to be sneak damage so that really only helping if planing to be a rogue. Pallies 5% to heals really that blows to. To be ownest the wizard is the best one here it like a free feat. (lets see how many out there take spell pen). All I ask if fighter and monk get all weapon bonus make mine to stop the stupid resist lines for the rangers, I do not take the stupid enchantments because they limit use. Maybe if made it like 5 per level, but 2 sorry it will get look over all the time.

    P.S. not a free to play, my freaking normal forum account got lock out can not log in for months sent great and wonderful Tribune complaint. Said nothing wrong here your in the system. While great I can not log in from any CP, although no problem with this free to play account I made.
    turbine*

  9. #149
    Community Member Ginetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IncubusAcidicus View Post
    So my guild mate lotusfly has completionist. +2 to all stats is cool. i guess. but here are some issues with completionist

    1) no passive bonuses
    2) must spend a feat, making it not viable for some feat starved builds (like a KoTC for example)
    3) the +2 to all stats do not qualify you for pre-reqs such as GTWF

    if turbine wants us to spend 1-3 yrs (depending on how much you play) on "winning ddo" then you should in fact win ddo.

    my proposed change is simply to leave the purchasable feat still give you +2 to all stats, but add a passive (like all the other past lives have) that gives you +1 bonus feat at level 3, and have the +2 stats act like stats purchased at character creation/spending level up points in them. that would make all the effort actually feel like it was worth it. overpowered? no. in the grand scheme of things if you have 1+ of EVERY past life, chances are you are geared out to the point that the game is no longer a challenge, its more about playing with cool new toys.
    No thanks - leave it as is. You'll still have, at the very least, the past life bonuses from all the classes you've played - and if you qualify for Completionist, that means at least one from every single class.

    Then you can start building up on enhancing said classes, and stacking those passives. You guys always want too much. Shhh.

  10. #150
    Hero DanteEnFuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Last House on the Left
    Posts
    1,396

    Default TR Newb Question--Passive Past Life Feats

    If I TR numerous times, do I get passive past life feats for each past life (up to three stacked per class), or is it just for the first 3 lives?

    Ex.

    Life 1 Rogue
    Life 2 Fighter
    Life 3 Monk
    Life 4 Ranger

    In Life 5, do I get all the passive past life feats (4), or are they limited? If each can be stacked 3 times, can I theoretically have 3 past life feats per class (assuming I quit my job, my wife and kid leave me and I win the lottery to allow me to do this)?

    I have a few more raids for some 20ths, but plan to TR soon. I wasn't sure how much past life order/sequence planning was needed...

    Thanks in advance for your replies...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

  11. #151
    Community Member herzkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    If I TR numerous times, do I get passive past life feats for each past life (up to three stacked per class), or is it just for the first 3 lives?

    Ex.

    Life 1 Rogue
    Life 2 Fighter
    Life 3 Monk
    Life 4 Ranger

    In Life 5, do I get all the passive past life feats (4), or are they limited? If each can be stacked 3 times, can I theoretically have 3 past life feats per class (assuming I quit my job, my wife and kid leave me and I win the lottery to allow me to do this)?

    I have a few more raids for some 20ths, but plan to TR soon. I wasn't sure how much past life order/sequence planning was needed...

    Thanks in advance for your replies...
    yes, they all stack( up to 3 per class) and will all be used on each life.
    yes, planning out your order/sequence is a good idea to make the most use out of your past lives.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)


  12. #152
    Hero DanteEnFuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Last House on the Left
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herzkos View Post
    yes, they all stack( up to 3 per class) and will all be used on each life.
    yes, planning out your order/sequence is a good idea to make the most use out of your past lives.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I am 18/1/1 Rgr/Rogue/Monk now (and love it). I will generally be TWF melee/specialist, and was thinking of generally having some self buffing/healing/UMD. I have the Hearts of Wood to have pretty much any 1st past life I want. Should I just take the Ranger? I had thought about Rogue, Fighter or Monk as well. Lots of GS Rapiers... Capped alts are FvS and Wizzies, so this one will probably only do the true caster classes when I retire and go for Completionist in 30 years...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

  13. #153
    Community Member herzkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I am 18/1/1 Rgr/Rogue/Monk now (and love it). I will generally be TWF melee/specialist, and was thinking of generally having some self buffing/healing/UMD. I have the Hearts of Wood to have pretty much any 1st past life I want. Should I just take the Ranger? I had thought about Rogue, Fighter or Monk as well. Lots of GS Rapiers... Capped alts are FvS and Wizzies, so this one will probably only do the true caster classes when I retire and go for Completionist in 30 years...
    well, for that guy the only option you have is the ranger past life. you get the past life based on the class that you had the most levels in when you TR. in the case of a tie (i believe) it's the first class you chose. example 8rgr/8fighter/4sorc. whichever of the rgr or fighter you took first is the past life you get. sorc is eliminated due to being lower level. you don't choose the past life
    the game decides it for you based on your character.

    self-buffing/healing is always good. for your second life, i'd go with the class you like the least (as it will be quicker to level and tr now than later). at
    least one iteration of that class life will be easier
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)


  14. #154
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Wow, I can not believe how whiny some people are.

    1) To people complaining that PL feats don't benefit the original class:
    a) No one said it was supposed to.
    b) No one is forcing you to TR as the same class.

    2) People complaining that the feat alone doesn't justify a TR:
    a) You also get two stat points.
    b) THEN DON'T TR

    Ranger feat is ridiculous? Honestly I don't know if you say that because it's too good or too bad because on one hand it gives one of the highest bonuses - +2 damage but on the other hand it gives the bonus to a DPS attack form that, in spite of it, will still never compare to the effective forms of DPS.

    And too any whiners who want to leave because things aren't going their way:

    I'm glad i'll be able to enjoy this game without your whiny voice anywhere to be heard.

    GOOD RIDDANCE.

  15. #155
    Community Member Meetch1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The land down under.
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herzkos View Post
    well, for that guy the only option you have is the ranger past life. you get the past life based on the class that you had the most levels in when you TR. in the case of a tie (i believe) it's the first class you chose. example 8rgr/8fighter/4sorc. whichever of the rgr or fighter you took first is the past life you get.
    Unfortunately, I've read plenty that says this isn't so. If you have the same number of ranger and fighter levels, your past life will be considered fighter. Why? Because fighter is alphabetically lower than ranger. The exception is the two classes that were added later - FVS and monk.

    (Effectively, when the first classes were introduced they were enumerated in alphabetical order. When the other two were added, they were given the next numbers in the sequence. In the case of tied level numbers, the lowest enumerated number wins).

    The best way to tell what your PL feat will be when you TR is look at your icon.
    Goe ahed... korekt mah spelin'.

  16. #156
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Past Life: Favored Soul
    You were a favored soul in a past life. You occasionally find yourself wishing to leap off of tall things. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 to spell penetration checks and gain 20 additional spell points. (These spell points are only available if you are able to cast spells.) This feat can be stacked up to three times.

    Past Life: Wizard
    You were a wizard in a past life. You occasionally find yourself desiring a good book. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +2 to spell penetration checks and the DC's of wands you use. This feat can be stacked up to three times.

    2 questions :
    1. if I TR 3 times wiz and 3 times FVS on the next life as sorc i will get +9 spell penetration ?
    2. can i take the wiz +1 dc to all spells feat. as sorc?

  17. #157
    Community Member Rusty_Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost .....
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrionM View Post
    2 questions :
    1. if I TR 3 times wiz and 3 times FVS on the next life as sorc i will get +9 spell penetration ?
    2. can i take the wiz +1 dc to all spells feat. as sorc?
    Yes.
    On Thelanis: Hallelujah (Spellsinger) - Jerryrigged Juggernaut (caster FvS) - Sepulchral (Druid) - Chopchopchop (Warlock) - Alleyshadow (retired gimped monkcher). Formerly on Keeper : Misericordia (Thug) - Mumbo Jumbo (Battle Caster) - Infernal Can (WF Kinda Cleric) - Halleluyah (Melee Spellsinger).

  18. #158
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    516

    Talking

    Any speculation on what the past life feat for Artificier is going to be?

  19. #159
    Community Member Phemt81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Past Life: Student of the Sword
    You recall more about your past life as a fighter. You have +2 to your Intimidate skill, +1 to the Maximum Dexterity Bonus of armor and shields, and can remember your martial prowess three times per rest, increasing your base attack bonus to your level and granting +4 to hit.
    Anyone know how much this last?

    Can't find this information anywhere, not here, not ingame or wiki.

    Thanks.
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

  20. #160
    Community Member Oolung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    wherever i happen to be...
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phemt81 View Post
    Anyone know how much this last?

    Can't find this information anywhere, not here, not ingame or wiki.

    Thanks.
    id bet on one min, as per the others
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBlue View Post
    I have been convinced that Cupcake was Michael Jackson. I guess I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The AI in this game can be strangled with a cordless phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is a party buff.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload